IGNORED

Hi! question about the Atari - Jr. Pac-Man discovered!

FrauBlucha

im home from florida.

hi kenfused - i can't actually get to another camera but it might not matter now. i have packaged it up and it is going out today to albert. hopefully it will get to him within the next couple of days.

i have asked him, however, to send me the 'dump' and let me post it. which brings me to something i just thought of and am curious about. is this worth any money? if I went the ebay route would people know what it is? being that my father doesn't seem to care (yes a little sarcasm there) maybe i could ge ta little something for it.

thanks!

Dylan

hi kenfused - i can't actually get to another camera but it might not matter now. i have packaged it up and it is going out today to albert. hopefully it will get to him within the next couple of days.

If you can't get a better camera, I think I know a way to take better pictures. Just take them the pictures in a dark room with no flash. Make sure there's little light as possible from a window. Even better would take pictures at night. Then you take the pictures. Seeing that there's some fuzzyness in your pics, you may have to adjust the brightness on your TV.

If you can't get a better camera, I think I know a way to take better pictures. Just take them the pictures in a dark room with no flash. Make sure there's little light as possible from a window. Even better would take pictures at night. Then you take the pictures. Seeing that there's some fuzzyness in your pics, you may have to adjust the brightness on your TV.

I will take some good pictures once the board arrives. :)

..Al

I received the board from Dylan today. I don't have time to do a thorough examination right now, but this seems pretty legitimate. I fired it up in a 7800 and played several rounds. I forgot how difficult Jr. Pac-Man is. :) So...many...dots! I have no idea how "complete" the game is, but it looks pretty good to me, complete with an animated title screen. Graphics and audio seem to be complete as well.. Don't know about the intermissions yet..

Here are some quick pictures:

jrpacman_7800_1.jpg

jrpacman_7800_2.jpg

jrpacman_7800_3.jpg

jrpacman_7800_4.jpg

These photos were taken without a tripod and with a flash. I'll take some video later when I have time (may not be until tomorrow). Will also dump the EPROM and send it along to Dylan and he can ultimately decide what to do with it. I expect he'll share it with the community at some point. :)

Thanks Dylan for entrusting me with this prototype!

..Al

I'm sorry but it's way to close to April 1st. I'm still not buying it. Until there is some video or a dump, I'm not convinced this is real. The whole story seems fishy to me.

You really think the photos I took have somehow been fudged? I'll post a video either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

..Al