IGNORED

What Atari games would you like to see?

JohnnyBlaze

Considering this place is the mecca for homebrew development and we all have active imaginations, I just wanted to see what games you would like to see made for our favorite woodgrain buddy.

My friend and I were joking around and me and her made this:

post-3346-1237826725_thumb.jpg

You control Hulk Hogan. The object of the game no-sell all attacks against you successfully and squash your opponents. You face Russians, Arabs, Asians, and all sorts of evil stereotypes through 8 levels to reach your final test: Your former best friend "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Defeat him and you become World Champion!

This game would make use of the "Omega Race" controller, as one button would punch and one would kick. As you defeat opponents, your special meter rises. When it gets to the max, you would press BOTH buttons together to unleash your ultimate weapon: THE LEGDROP OF DOOOOOOM!!!!!

See, this is what we get for playing Doom 3, watching old Hogan matches, and discussing Atari all in the same day.

What are your crazy ideas?

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

How about a Battle Of Atlantis?

I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't know how. But, since the game is just a clone of Scramble, wouldn't it be possible to modify the sprites? I know if that's possible it can be done on Vectrex, C64, and Vic-20 since all have home ports of it.

I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't know how. But, since the game is just a clone of Scramble, wouldn't it be possible to modify the sprites? I know if that's possible it can be done on Vectrex, C64, and Vic-20 since all have home ports of it.

There isn't a Scramble 2600 There is a Super Cobra though

There isn't a Scramble 2600 There is a Super Cobra though

Maybe Planet Patrol would be better to hack, at least it scrolls smoothly?

Sucker Punch-The Game. you sneak up on unsuspecting people and sucker punch them, each punch increasing your "wanted level". you are chased by a cop and if caught, it turns into a 1 on 1 duel. if you win you get to continue your shenanigans.

That would most likely result in a chopfest scrolling mess like Super Cobra.

or maybe a Mayday hack using Stargate as the engine

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8646

Seems more doable.

I'd like to see Captain Dynamo

http://www.mobygames.com/game/captain-dynamo

Thorsten

Also, what about a port of ... Star Castle?

Trogdor is working on it.

Granted there's only one screenshot but it's not looking too hot. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way because I applaud the efforts of the folks that are writing these games and I don't bite the hand that feeds all these great carts that have been coming out (e.g. Medieval Mayhem).

I have to ask why write the game for the 2600 instead of the 5200 or 7800 where they would have more machine to work with?

Granted there's only one screenshot but it's not looking too hot.

You mean you didn't download the attachment? Didn't try the work-in-progress binary? I think it looks better in motion.

I have to ask why write the game for the 2600 instead of the 5200 or 7800 where they would have more machine to work with?

Folks have their own reasons, but two most common are "nostalgia" and "challenge."

Granted there's only one screenshot but it's not looking too hot.

You mean you didn't download the attachment? Didn't try the work-in-progress binary? I think it looks better in motion.

Folks have their own reasons, but two most common are "nostalgia" and "challenge."

Yes, I went back to the page right after I posted it and downloaded the zip file. I have not run it yet.

Again, I do appreciate the efforts of those creating new carts for these systems. I think it is great. I would just consider it a suggestion and not criticism.

Sucker Punch-The Game. you sneak up on unsuspecting people and sucker punch them, each punch increasing your "wanted level". you are chased by a cop and if caught, it turns into a 1 on 1 duel. if you win you get to continue your shenanigans.

That's a great idea for a game! :lolblue:

I'd like to see a Happy Days game where you get to be the Fonze jumping barrels and sharks.

This game is already in development: :D

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...y=5898#comments

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140732

I'd like to see a Happy Days game where you get to be the Fonze jumping barrels and sharks.

I've been thinking that an Evil Knievel game would be pretty cool. Make it like Human Cannonball where you have to take wind and distance (number of buses) into account to figure out how much throttle to give. And just like his old Harley road bike, if you don't hit the landing ramp just right, you fly off and bounce around like a rag doll (like he frequently did)!

The game he's working on is unrelated to the mockup shown in my blog, except in name only.

Edited by Nathan Strum

How about a Battlestar Galactica game. Some kind of space shooter, fly out the launch tube and destroy cylon radiers and and harder to kill base ships. Get through say ten base ships and you get a FTL code to 'jump' to earth. Something like starmaster and phazer patrol. :)

Well, actually, it's out there. All you have to do is make yourself a new box and a new label :)

""Space Battle" & "Space Attack"

Mattel-developed Space Battle for Intellivision and its M-Network counterpart, Space Attack for the Atari VCS/2600 platform, were originally slated to be games based on the Battlestar Galactica series. One of Mattel's subsidiaries, Concepts 2000, had the license to produce Battlestar Galactica electronic toys, so it was figured to be a lock that Mattel would get the license to produce the official Battlestar Gallactica video game. The game was well into development when they discovered Mattel didn't get the license[2]. The name was changed, but the graphics remained the same. The "flying saucers" in the game are actually Cylon Raiders; this is mostly imperceptible, due to the lack of detail that could be used in graphics of the platforms of that era."

not the best shot, but you can tell here

http://www.mobygames.com/game/intellivisio...meShotId,50179/

its more obvious when you play the game. I noticed this back in the day as a kid and used to imagine I was in my viper shooting cylons.

• Like 1

I've been thinking that an Evil Knievel game would be pretty cool. Make it like Human Cannonball where you have to take wind and distance (number of buses) into account to figure out how much throttle to give. And just like his old Harley road bike, if you don't hit the landing ramp just right, you fly off and bounce around like a rag doll (like he frequently did)!

It will need to be more challenging than Human Cannonball (I hope). I was able to figure out that if you add (and I'm doing this from memory so I may be off a few) the number 37 to the wind speed your success rate will reach 99.999%.

The game he's working on is unrelated to the mockup shown in my blog, except in name only.

Wow, that's really cool. The label looks great.