Flashback

NBA Jam T.E.

I-War

VidGrid

Blue Lightning

Super Burnout

etc.

Edited by kevincal

Platform run and jump games are not my cup of beer ;) But lets try to pull that one out of the dust.

I'll try to make a score sometime tonight. I love this game. To me people ask what is a better platformer? Zool? Bubsy? Rayman?

No one ever mentions Pitfall. :)

Great port of the game I think. Love the 2600 levels too.

I would like to see new people try these Jaguar games. I have a copy of Pitfall and I am going to try a loaner system. You pay for shipping, play the game, ship it back. If interested, write me.

(If you have the Flash card, the pitfall rom image is findable.)

My score at this point would be about 552,969 (since I had 193,194 at the game save, after a few continues I managed to get past a lot of hard stops, so I went with the continue and from that point on I went from zero to 359,775.)

I really want to solve this game. It's been a lot of fun. FINALLY beat the jaguar/Aztec man man that was tough.

I like how I am seeing tribute to Pitfall one and Pitfall two in this game. Just awesome. Shame Activision didn't pack in both Pitfall games into this. :D

And I am mystified on how this game is never brought up. I know Rayman is all pretty pretty, but as far as speed, soundtrack, action, I mean this game has all the other platformers on the Jaguar beat.

552,969 - DoctorClu

449,392 - Atardi

My score at this point would be about 552,969 (since I had 193,194 at the game save, after a few continues I managed to get past a lot of hard stops, so I went with the continue and from that point on I went from zero to 359,775.)

:ponder: , I do not understand the first place DoctorClu .

use a continuous = score zero .

Edited by Atardi

Using continues is fine. ;) The only reason his score went to zero is because he saved, then turned off his Jaguar. Had he continued without turning off the Jag, I believe the score would have remained intact.

I could be wrong, let me know what you guys think..

Edited by kevincal

Let's wait and see what he says. ;) Haven't you been kicking enough people's @$ lately?! :P ;) Your scores are always crazy high... :ponder:

I'll be happy to use the 359,775 score for now as a continuous score. However, I am working on a higher continuous score.

I fought the Warrior Spirit today at some high level, realize I need a LOT of explosive rocks, so playing through it all over again. And I will be saving my score as I go.

The way the save game score works in Pitfall is once you complete a level, you can save your place (which I advise). That way you can only build on what you have. Don't like how you wrapped up a level or want to practice at the next level till you perfect it? Then make sure not to save the game when you leave that level.

Me, I got past some hard levels so I wanted to save. I died somewhere in the learning curve, got it after a continue, so I saved the game, which reset my score. :) But I think I should be able to play up to the Warrior Spirit without loosing too much at this point.

If anyone needs any tips on how to get past something leading up to the Warrior Spirit, let me know.

This game is a blast! (And I still say, best Platformer for the Jaguar.)

Haven't you been kicking enough people's @$ lately?! :P ;) Your scores are always crazy high... :ponder:

No , :D

new score : 807 447

--> http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3402/img1149v.jpg

Good luck ! :P

I think he was talking to me. ;) Anyway, this game tops off at 999,999 crazily enough. You can only have 99 of each item, and a score of 999,999. Kinda short sighted if you ask me, but this is the only flaw I found for this awesome platformer.

Maybe we should see who can find the most letters instead. So far I have only found _I____L

Trying to make a video of the ending to put on youtube as we speak.

Here is the movie I made of Pitfall..

Looks like Youtube might have mangled another video of mine, but hopefully you'll at least be able to make out the ending, and the fun Pitfall/Jaguar touch I made at the end.

I like how Pitfall has Jaguars in it. Makes it seem more appropriate to be on the Atari Jaguar system.

Again, since the scoring system is limited to 999,999, I think finding the most letters would be the next challenge. :D

I've only found two, others should be able to beat that.

Edited by doctorclu

Kevincal, I saw your request for some more HSC participants and now I'm thinking about getting back into it. I just have to pull myself away from Cannon Fodder for awhile.

I guess I do have one quick question though. I stopped playing last time because I didn't like how we did the games that have multiple boards/tracks. I prefer we play all boards/tracks and have the ranking a combination of all the scores instead of just one. How will you do games like that now?

Here is the movie I made of Pitfall..

Looks like Youtube might have mangled another video of mine, but hopefully you'll at least be able to make out the ending, and the fun Pitfall/Jaguar touch I made at the end.

I like how Pitfall has Jaguars in it. Makes it seem more appropriate to be on the Atari Jaguar system.

Again, since the scoring system is limited to 999,999, I think finding the most letters would be the next challenge. :D

I've only found two, others should be able to beat that.

Cool, I'm heading to watch the video now. :)

Kevincal, I saw your request for some more HSC participants and now I'm thinking about getting back into it. I just have to pull myself away from Cannon Fodder for awhile.

I guess I do have one quick question though. I stopped playing last time because I didn't like how we did the games that have multiple boards/tracks. I prefer we play all boards/tracks and have the ranking a combination of all the scores instead of just one. How will you do games like that now?

Actually, I've already implemented this idea recently. ;)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138096

I am planning on giving this a go as well...

Cheers,

Ben

Thank you, I appreciate your participation!

Edited by kevincal

Since I have found that the score has a maximum of 999,999 I am starting to look for the letter tiles instead.

So far I have found PI__A_L

"P" is in the first mine (third level)

"I" is by the door next to the 2600 Pitfall Scorpion

"T" ??

"F" ?? (though I am mostly sure those two are not in the runaway minecar

"A" is on the Jaguar-Man level (practically a few levels beneath him)

"L" can be seen right above the spinning spikes and before you have to jump the large rolling stones.

"L" is what you get when you defeat the Warrior Spirit.

So in the 2600 High Score Club you get a few extra nods for giving pointers. Those are my pointers for here. I'm starting to see this as a archeological dig now more than playing. I just want to find out how to get those last three tiles.