IGNORED

New Video Adapter for S-Video On Atari ST/TT Systems

After some careful thought and some trial and error, I have come up with a design for a Video Adapter for the Atari ST/TT systems that will provide S-Video and Composite Video for all Atari ST/TT systems that use the DIN 13 pin Video Port.

This Unit Will Work Even if your ST/TT Does not Have an RF Modulator Built in.

This Adapter not only provides a Beautiful S-video Signal and a Decent Composite Signal, but will only cost about $60 USD as a complete unit. (not just a board with components)

It also fixes the problem with over Drivin signals coming from the RGB lines. So the Picture you get will be Bright and Crisp with no blurred Colors or that Grainy look.

As an Atari ST User Of many years I have always taken note of the fact that not only is it expensive to buy a refurbished monitor (shipping etc.) but It is also very inconvenient to have an extra monitor set up in the house. This unit works in NTSC only (I'm Still working on a PAL version). The S-Video is so Good on this that I can't hardly tell the difference between the adapter and an Original SC1224 RGB monitor.

I don't know how soon that I will have them available but I hoping to have them ready to ship to Video61 no later than Mid May.

Here's a mock up of what the Unit will look like completed

Video%20Box%20pic%20atari.png

Edited by kjmann

Sign me up as well - I've got one of those scan convertors and it works...sort of...

http://www.ambery.com/rgbcgatovgac.html

but its blurry in ST-med and some of the letters "drop out" for want of a

better description. Games look good enough though. Here is a shot of the folders

in ST-Med:

post-5822-1239668512_thumb.jpg

The 4 folders should read:

CLPBOARD CPX EXTRACT HDDRIVER

So put me on the list of buyers. :)

ok, to answer some questions. =)

Yes, It is a separate box to plug into any ST/TT/STe. It can be swapped between units. It also Does NOT require an RF to Be in the system (eg: STfm)

Yes, it works on all modern TV's as long as they have a Composite Video (yellow video plug) or and S-video plug.

No, Sorry It Won't work in Mono (High Res) Mode. That is a different type of signal.

Hope that clarifies things for you. =)

Edited by kjmann

I see the S-Video plug and RCA jack video out - what about sound?

Sorry about that. I forgot to mention that YES there will be 2 audio out RCA jacks on this unit for the atari Version (so that you can hook the audio to the left and right of your TV/stereo).

Ah you are the same fellow on Lemon Amiga with identical post/username on Lemon AMIGA, same concept but for the AMIGA computers huh?

Well I hope this is legit and you do actually produce devices for both platforms because I would definitely be interested!

Yes I am the Same Guy and Yes this is legit. ask anyone here about atlantis games group in the atari 8-bit area. we know what we're doing. =)

we two different versions (one for amiga and one for ST/TT) because of the major differences between the two in the RGB signal Strength. and also the fact thet the ST/TT version had to have circuitry for the video timing where the amiga didn't because it had it's own timing signal out from the video port.

The ST/TT version is actually more complicated.

I will Post video screen shots As soon as I can.

Edited by kjmann

I would be interested in a unit for the Atari ST and another unit for the Amiga. I've got several machines so the thought of an external device like this definitely appeals to me.

.. Steve

I'd be interested in one for the ST and one for the Amiga as well. Maybe a slightly discounted package deal? ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
This Adapter not only provides a Beautiful S-video Signal and a Decent Composite Signal, but will only cost about $60 USD as a complete unit. (not just a board with components)

I'm interested in a unit for the Atari ST. Please, me add to the list of buyers. Thank you. Erfel.

Edited by cfernan

Ok guys, Some info for you all. =)

If a person orders one of each type (1 amiga and 1 atari) then there will be a $5 discount on each unit.

These units when they're ready will be sold through Video61 AKA: atarisales.com

Phone number: 651-462-2500 USA

I will let you know when they are in stock and lance is ready to take orders. =)

I see the S-Video plug and RCA jack video out - what about sound?

Sorry about that. I forgot to mention that YES there will be 2 audio out RCA jacks on this unit for the atari Version (so that you can hook the audio to the left and right of your TV/stereo).

Ah you are the same fellow on Lemon Amiga with identical post/username on Lemon AMIGA, same concept but for the AMIGA computers huh?

Well I hope this is legit and you do actually produce devices for both platforms because I would definitely be interested!

Yes I am the Same Guy and Yes this is legit. ask anyone here about atlantis games group in the atari 8-bit area. we know what we're doing. =)

we two different versions (one for amiga and one for ST/TT) because of the major differences between the two in the RGB signal Strength. and also the fact thet the ST/TT version had to have circuitry for the video timing where the amiga didn't because it had it's own timing signal out from the video port.

The ST/TT version is actually more complicated.

I will Post video screen shots As soon as I can.

I'll be looking for the screen shots, I know one day my SC1435 is going need to be replaced.

If a person orders one of each type (1 amiga and 1 atari) then there will be a $5 discount on each unit.

I will let you know when they are in stock and lance is ready to take orders. =)

I've dealt with Lance at AtariSales before - great bunch.

Can't wait. :)

PS Just curious - how small can this unit be made if you took it out of the planned

enclosure? Possibly looking at stuffing it inside a STacy. Thanks.

I've dealt with Lance at AtariSales before - great bunch.

Can't wait. :)

PS Just curious - how small can this unit be made if you took it out of the planned

enclosure? Possibly looking at stuffing it inside a STacy. Thanks.

Yeah I know. Lance has mentioned you before. he considers you one of his best customers. =)

BTW thanks for the Tempest give away thing. Nice to get the publicity.

the size should be something on the order of 3x2x1 but the board will be epoxy'd into the casing. sorry. =)

Edited by kjmann

Yeah I know. Lance has mentioned you before. he considers you one of his best customers. =)

BTW thanks for the Tempest give away thing. Nice to get the publicity.

the size should be something on the order of 3x2x1 but the board will be epoxy'd into the casing. sorry. =)

<lol> What a salesman, he's just trying to keep me coming back for more! (and I will)... :D

No problem - thanks for such a great game. I think its just awesome that we still see

development for our beloved Atari machines. We surely do appreciate it!

Hmm, 3x2x1...I might be able to work that in. BTW, I don't remember it being mentioned

elsewhere, so if it was, apologies - but is the unit going to require its own separate power

supply? Thanks.