IGNORED

The "I got my Skunkboard!" Thread

Hyper_Eye

Hey Nonner242, the case mod looks good. I like how you display the graphics of the Skunkboard through the front.

Thx Clu,

Closest thing I can get being "SEE THRU" like I wanted without killing my BSG cart. I really like the plexi window LEDs make it glow nicley.

Im going to do one more version that opens up all the USB ports as soon as I decide what cart I should kill for the experiment?

I hate my cordless dremel....batts suck real fast.

Thx Clu,

Closest thing I can get being "SEE THRU" like I wanted without killing my BSG cart. I really like the plexi window LEDs make it glow nicley.

Im going to do one more version that opens up all the USB ports as soon as I decide what cart I should kill for the experiment?

No need to kill Jaguar games. You can get cart shells from B&C for $4 a piece.

Thx Clu,

No need to kill Jaguar games. You can get cart shells from B&C for $4 a piece.

Yeah I thought about it...then Id have to wait..pay for shipping...get it like 7 days later...lol

I have quite afew Iron Soldiers/Bubsy/White Men that I can send to the frontlines....no worries yet..

Thx for reminding mr about the shells tho.

Got mine 5 minutes ago, unfortunately Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs got hold of it and because of the $85 USD value I had to pay another $15 usd to get it released. No time to play with it now, and I need to decide which cart I am going to butcher :twisted:

So far just Surrounded acts noticably different with the CD/Skunkboard combo.

That's a good clue. The Skunkboard code made a bunch of assumptions that didn't work properly with how the CD set up low memory, interrupts, and the DSP/GPU. I think those are all ironed out, but maybe Surrounded has a few of those?

- KS

Never ran it through a CD unit so I could not tell you on that. We did have some issues with JUGS and

sound not playing but that could be due to all that those guys used to operate BattleSphere, which I would

assume looks nothing like the Atari supplied code after the startup or in any of Scott's interrupt schemes.

Surrounded on the other hand does use the Atari recommended startup and has only been written to run

on the alpine or BJL,JUGS, PSE or Jag server. It is only intended for running from main RAM too. It is also

running 99.9% of the time, GPU code out in main RAM....I have much doubt this is the issue as none of my

GPU main RAM code apps have ever shown any anomalies as described. I will have to say the CD player

may be the perp in this case....perhaps even a seating issue?

Edited by Gorf

.... I will have to say the CD player may be the perp in this case....perhaps even a seating issue?

Nope, not a seating issue. Played Orion's new CD just fine.

(I am not the Angry Video Game Nerd so my Jaguar CD works fine.)

Mine finally showed up this morning! I had slept-in and was running late for work when the postman showed up saying he had some "computer software" for me... $17.90 CDN in taxes later, and I had my very own SkunkBoard :)

I shouldn't jinx myself, as I've been amazingly busy these days and may never make any progress on this, but I'm thinking 2D weapon-based side-scroller with a focus on sweet animation... Ideally, something like Legend Of Princess. Then again, since I can't draw, it'll probably end up more like Bloody Zombies ;)

Ok, I was asked by Goochman to make a Skunk case for him, so he got me some cart cases for me to play with.

I botched the first one, kinda. It didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked, so I figured I would make it the case for my other Skunkboard. And then I tried something a bit different. I made the case where you thread the USB cable through the top of the cart case. Here is how the new idea looks compared to my older design...

post-4709-1242885539_thumb.jpg

Here is how it looks with the USB cable attached...

post-4709-1242885552_thumb.jpgpost-4709-1242885560_thumb.jpg

As for the case that Goochman has slatted to get, have to say, after two goes, he's getting my best case yet. I liked this. Just wanted to see what cable solution at the top he wanted to go with and go from there.

post-4709-1242885567_thumb.jpg

Looking good Doc,

actually your first mod gave me the idea of trying to do something similar but then I went with the cable through the top solution since I would have problems to get the cable into the socket from the back and it would cause pressure to the board.

This is how mine turned out.

post-1084-1242921630_thumb.jpg

post-1084-1242921675_thumb.jpg

post-1084-1242921689_thumb.jpg

post-1084-1242921701_thumb.jpg

I recieved my skunkboard a little while ago. It's really an amazing product!

I just recently wrote a little blog entry on it on my website.

Btw, Peter where did you get the logo in such a high res that you could print it and put it onto the cart?

I recieved my skunkboard a little while ago. It's really an amazing product!

I just recently wrote a little blog entry on it on my website.

Btw, Peter where did you get the logo in such a high res that you could print it and put it onto the cart?

Kskunk was very nice and send me a file which I worked on and changed to match size with the cartridge aproximatly. I then printed it on to glossy photo paper cut it to the right size and used double tape to glue it on the shell. The label for the jag is about 9,5 x 4,5 cm

Here is the file I did use:

Skunk_Label.bmp

Edited by Peterghiea

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to trying my Skunkboard last week.

I am totally impressed with the quality and ease of use of the product.

Now, if something like this was available on other systems (Genesis, SNES, TG-16, etc.) that would be close to Nirvana.

Hi, just in to say that I got my skunkboard about 2 weeks ago, then sent it to christos in thessaloniki, who took it to outline in eindhoven to showcase jetpac to the crowd. I expect it back soonish (right chris? ;)). Great piece of hardware!!!!

• Like 1

Hi, just in to say that I got my skunkboard about 2 weeks ago, then sent it to christos in thessaloniki, who took it to outline in eindhoven to showcase jetpac to the crowd. I expect it back soonish (right chris? ;)). Great piece of hardware!!!!

Yep, you should be able to get it tomorrow morning. And it's a great piece of h/w indeed. I wish I had a jaguar before outline so as to have bought one...

• Like 1