IGNORED

Didn't Al Alcorn get a gold 2600?

ComputerSpaceFan

So I was reading about the Queen of England getting a gold Wii and it reminded me of something I heard last year. Wasn't Al Alcorn presented with a gold plated and functioning 2600 at some event? I tried to find pictures of it but can't.

It was at CGE2K7. I was there when they gave it to him! :cool: But I didn't take a camera with me, so I didn't get any pictures. :_( Now, if I'd known ahead of time that they were going to do that, I'd probably have taken a camera. :ponder:

Michael

It was actually a bronzed 2600, and was presented to Al at the alumni dinner the night before the show. As I was there, then I also had a camera to take some snaps of the event :)

As I was drooling over that Shiny Sixer, I couldn't help but scroll through those gaming expo pictures. Man do those expos look awesome! I'd love to go to one of those around here!

Thats looks like garbage.Maybe it looked better in person,probably the lighting.How does one metal plate plastic?Metal plating goes on in hot liquid form,sure its actually metal PLATED?Looks like it was spray painted and the paint reacted badly.

Edited by Rik

Looks like it was spray painted and the paint reacted badly.

Yep, it looks like somebody took it out to their backyard and spray painted it . . . poorly.

Super-shiny C-3PO gold paint would probably look as nice as super-shiny silver.

Was it actually bronzed or just spray painted with Gold paint. CGE gave out awards at the alumni dinner in 2005. They looked cool, but they were just 2600 joysticks spray painted gold. I have one of those in my collection -- volunteer perk.

Edited by kevates

• 2 years later...