IGNORED

Poster in Beamrider?

frenchman

It's the back of the manual when unfolded (the manual was one complete sheet, not a stapled booklet).

Here's a pic - the actual thing is 11"w x 14.9"h, so my home scanner can't accommodate it. I'll try to see what we've got at work.

post-5874-1245938440_thumb.jpg

Well I stand corrected. :)

As for scanning it, just scan it in overlaping sections. I can piece it together in photoshop. (of course I am assuming you have a flatbed scanner, not autofeed)

Can you also take a photo of the manual side, so I can see the layout. I want to piece it together also. ;)

Edited by user42

As for scanning it, just scan it in overlaping sections. I can piece it together in photoshop. (of course I am assuming you have a flatbed scanner, not autofeed)

Can you also take a photo of the manual side, so I can see the layout. I want to piece it together also. ;)

It'll probably take me a day or so to get to it, but I'll scan and photo as requested.

It'll probably take me a day or so to get to it, but I'll scan and photo as requested.

Great! No hurry. :cool:

I bought CV Beamrider boxed with the poster,if thats what you want to call it.To me a poster is like,well bigger than that thing.I can see why you thought it was missing.Plus it doubles as instruction manual,so why would one want to hang that up,oh well,thats just me though.

Edited by Rik

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I sent the 2 halves to user42 to stitch together. Below is a pic of the reverse of the unfolded poster, which is the instruction manual.

Now, I compared the manual for the 2600, 5200, and Colecovision versions, and discovered that I have the same manual for the 2600 and CV versions. Interesting. The box for the CV version is clearly labeled as the CV version, so I don't know if I have a mismatched set (I did buy it off eBay) or if this was part of Activision's cost-saving measures. Anyhow, the 2600 and 5200 version are the same size, but the text is a little different on the instruction manual side of the 5200 version. If anyone has the CV version and is willing to check, just post your response below.

post-5874-1247009595_thumb.jpg

Now, I compared the manual for the 2600, 5200, and Colecovision versions, and discovered that I have the same manual for the 2600 and CV versions. Interesting. The box for the CV version is clearly labeled as the CV version, so I don't know if I have a mismatched set (I did buy it off eBay) or if this was part of Activision's cost-saving measures. Anyhow, the 2600 and 5200 version are the same size, but the text is a little different on the instruction manual side of the 5200 version. If anyone has the CV version and is willing to check, just post your response below.

As a side note, the only other Activision game I see this on is "Keystone Kapers" where the A5200 and CV share the same manual...