IGNORED

My Next Cabinet...

VectorGamer

OK - the cabinet is essentially done. I just have to mount the boards and tidy up the wiring. I have two outstanding issues - the recycled computer speaker amplifier I have I believe is about toast and I need a PCI video card that is capable of rotating the screen. I don't know if one exists as I have not searched yet. You can see in the first pic how Kyamera is sideways but on the back end MAME is config'd to rotate the games.

If you look close you'll see the ears on the monitor are different. The monitor wouldn't fit with ALL the pieces from the mounting kit. So I had to rig it by leaving one rail out and flip the one ear the other direction to get the monitor to mount. As a result the right side ear is about 1/8" lower than the left but it's not noticeable.

Another pic shows what Kyamera looks like if you're not familiar with it.

On the control panel, I added two black buttons on the left hand side. The one on the far left is wired up to the escape key and the other is wired up to something else - "X" I believe. I changed the ROM inputs so that ESC-X would exit the game (i.e. press the two buttons simultaneously) since we discovered early on an accidental bump of the button can be a real buzz killer.

The other black button functions as the enter key to select the game from Kyamera and the "coin or credit" button from the ROM.

I also configured Kyamera to exit by pressing the far left black button and the player #2 button simultaneously. From there I just power everything off.

We played a bunch of Ms. Pac Speedup Hack and Pepper II...a lot of fun...

post-22552-125272120709_thumb.jpg

post-22552-125272167876_thumb.jpg

post-22552-125272176944_thumb.jpg

post-22552-125272181908_thumb.jpg

post-22552-125272188159_thumb.jpg

post-22552-125272189118_thumb.jpg

post-22552-125272189841_thumb.jpg