IGNORED

1984 Cart Label pics

Atari Scorpio

Anyone have better pics of the proto labels on the original 7800 games like this? Also, Does anyone know if any carts with these labels where released? Maybe in 1984?

Good thing they didn't use that label!! The centipede looks like that toddler toy...

Hmm, I like the color label better than the bw one.

There's a pic on Curt's site of three original 7800 labels which includes Dig Dug but unfortuntely the other two got washed out from the flash. The Food Fight box is cool as well.

http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/cons...7800/7800-20th/

And here's another pic of the early labels from http://www.cyberroach.com .

Allan

post-187-1248835512_thumb.jpg

Cool. Thanks Mitch. Now we need to find the paintings on the labels in a higher resolution.

Edit:

So it's the same pictures from the regular released labels and boxes. So a good scan of the boxes with some photoshopping should do the job. Now we just have to figure out the fonts.

Allan

Edited by Allan

As much work as it would be, I think it would be cool to redo all the boxes and labels for the current 7800 releases.

Once you get the right fonts and a template set up, it's pretty easy.

Allan

Maybe I give it a try this weekend.

The hard part is going to be duplicating that white square matrix on the silver part.

Allan

As much work as it would be, I think it would be cool to redo all the boxes and labels for the current 7800 releases.

Once you get the right fonts and a template set up, it's pretty easy.

Allan

Maybe I give it a try this weekend.

The hard part is going to be duplicating that white square matrix on the silver part.

Allan

It's the same matrix as on the box. Should not be that big problem...

post-1159-1248983925_thumb.jpg

post-1159-1248983710_thumb.jpg

post-1159-1248983724_thumb.jpg

was screwing around...

Still surprised Track and Field was planned for the 7800 (and if the controller would have been included). Would be great to have that along with some digitized voices.

I took the Joust box (obvious) and began cleaning up and playing around. I didn't get time (at work!) to clean up the checker field in the background, nor to properly remove the Joust picture. Finding a good Atari Track and Field image was a pain too. Not to mention the fonts aren't dead on either (SF Atarian works for most part, but the small white text under game title and under Atari 7800 Prosystem not sure what font that is).

Joust box included as reference

Edited by Jet-X

Pretty cool, Jet-X. Is that your Joust box? If yes, could we get a high-res scan of the front, back and sides?

Thanks,

Allan

Uh no - I don't share, so you can all just ***** off.

Just kidding...

No, I got it off the link above, and the scan wasn't very high resolution. I'm working on some things for Curt, so if one of the boxes from 1984 shows up I'll try and recreate a template for everyone to use.

Pretty cool, Jet-X. Is that your Joust box? If yes, could we get a high-res scan of the front, back and sides?

Thanks,

Allan

No, that ones mine, the picture is from my website. I may have higher res scans saved on my hard drive, I'll have to dig around.

Mitch

Thanks,

Allan

No, that ones mine, the picture is from my website. I may have higher res scans saved on my hard drive, I'll have to dig around.

Mitch

Sorry Mitch,

I didn't realize that was on your site. That's cool. I love that press kit box you have as well. Do you know what came in it? It looks pretty thick.

Allan

Thanks,

Allan

Uh no - I don't share, so you can all just ***** off.

Just kidding...

No, I got it off the link above, and the scan wasn't very high resolution. I'm working on some things for Curt, so if one of the boxes from 1984 shows up I'll try and recreate a template for everyone to use.

:D

Allan

Thanks,

Allan

Mitch

Sorry Mitch,

I didn't realize that was on your site. That's cool. I love that press kit box you have as well. Do you know what came in it? It looks pretty thick.

Allan

The Press Kit came with five small documents and three pictures. If you look on the museum page on my site you can see them. The rest of the inside of the press kit box is filled with a big cardboard spacer.

Mitch