IGNORED

AIS - Atari Interlace Studio

tebe

Hello to all.

I tried AIS and it is simple and great. A great thank to the authors!

I have some questions, if someone can help me, I aprecciate.

I mess with some pictures to test this program and save them in RAW, CIN,... Then I saw in the XEX folder all that program to use on A8 emulators.

I load them to my Atari800WinPlus. I think this are the programs to load this files created in AIS. Am I right? But in each of them I cannot discouver the keys to Load function. Can you help me, or say where I can get instructions to eachone of this programs?

Other question

I want to use my pictures in the future with other I have in .BMP format. For example join AIS pictures with others .BMP using PAINT or that I can send and freely see them without using A8 Emulators. The only possible away I see it is load AIS picture to A8 Emulator and then using SAVE SCREEN. But first I need the answers to my first question. But, without an Emulator what is the other ways to convert this AIS Images to .GIF,.BMP,.PNG?

Another question

AIS put a line with 4colours. I choose the four I want. I know they are PF0,1,2 and Backgr. But from the first to the 4th one, can you tell me wich are Backgr., PF0,1,2?

Last question

I put some images in .MIC format, then I tryed to see what I get if I use them on G2F, so that I can use DLIs. and PMGs. to enhance the no. of colours. I got a totally understanding screen, with all pixels mixed. I think it is because AIS is a bitmap mode

and G2f a char mode. But can I use this .MIC in G2F in some way?

THanks for your help.

Greetings,

Jose Pereira.

I mess with some pictures to test this program and save them in RAW, CIN,... Then I saw in the XEX folder all that program to use on A8 emulators. I load them to my Atari800WinPlus. I think this are the programs to load this files created in AIS. Am I right?

Almost. There are applications created years ago to serve all these new (new - years ago!) interlace modes. Yes, you can load, save and edit pictures in them.

But in each of them I cannot discouver the keys to Load function. Can you help me, or say where I can get instructions to eachone of this programs?

You can find some of them on discs, try this place: http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.phtml?ct=utils&sub=2.+Grafika

I can't quarantee these applications always have English docs. However, you can quess functions by watching the list of used key.

I want to use my pictures in the future with other I have in .BMP format. For example join AIS pictures with others .BMP using PAINT or that I can send and freely see them without using A8 Emulators. The only possible away I see it is load AIS picture to A8 Emulator and then using SAVE SCREEN. But first I need the answers to my first question. But, without an Emulator what is the other ways to convert this AIS Images to .GIF,.BMP,.PNG?

You don't need emulator, you can save GIF, PNG and BMP files directly from AIS.

I put some images in .MIC format, then I tryed to see what I get if I use them on G2F, so that I can use DLIs. and PMGs. to enhance the no. of colours. I got a totally understanding screen, with all pixels mixed. I think it is because AIS is a bitmap mode and G2f a char mode. But can I use this .MIC in G2F in some way?

I would be able to answer you, but show me MIC picture you prepared for G2F.

Hello all!

Many Thanks for your help Kaz. I now see Export options.

I put some images in .MIC format, then I tryed to see what I get if I use them on G2F, so that I can use DLIs. and PMGs. to enhance the no. of colours. I got a totally understanding screen, with all pixels mixed. I think it is because AIS is a bitmap mode and G2f a char mode. But can I use this .MIC in G2F in some way?

I would be able to answer you, but show me MIC picture you prepared for G2F.

See the .MIC picture done in AIS:

And what I get of this picture when I load it to G2F:

Greetings,

José Pereira.

(I uptdated my Personal Page some days ag,if someone have some of my preferenceres and wants to talk, and/or change ideas/thoughts It would be great!... Thank you all!...)

LN_4colours.bmp

LN_mic.bmp

And one more thing:

Sorry about some of my questions. They can seem a little bit strange and silly, but in particular about this topic, I always read about this modes, but I always know that they produce Many, many flickering. Now I simply export in 8/16/64 colours format to .XEX format and see them on Atari800WinPlus Emulator. And it's what I always know (Even if today it was the first time I tried this modes - that's why I said "new modes", they were new for me as trying).

Greetings,

José Pereira.

See the .MIC picture done in AIS: And what I get of this picture when I load it to G2F:

The MIC format has strict width for image: 40 bytes so you have to switch picture witdh in G2F for 40 bytes.

I always know that they produce Many, many flickering.

It depends from mode, some of them are flickering hardly (RGB) some of them are not (INP).

The MIC format has strict width for image: 40 bytes so you have to switch picture witdh in G2F for 40 bytes.

Yes, but in some cases we have mic file in resolution 320px (40byte like Jose above) but in g2f 40byte screen mode is mess like hell, exactly like Jose picture. Try for example g2f creator (version 1.4 and 2.3 - no matter) from g2font home page and Jose 320px bmp from above. And load created mic file to G2f with 40byte choosed screen mode (like you said). Nice mess?

Edited by irwin

standard native resolution for MIC is 160x192 (40 byte * 192 = 7680 bytes + 4 bytes with colors = 7684)

but G2F save MIC for any resolution (screen_width*screen_height + 4 bytes with colors), and so user must set correct screen width for loaded MIC (32,40,48)

INP has less flickering. Much less. It only changes between 2paletes. I have been trying many ways of choosing colours. And select four real ones and the other four flickering. I am now trying to understand how it is done. I have another one of my crazy ideas: For example:

Screenshotikari_1stone.html

The crazy idea it's put the lickering on green colours, And get the real PFs. as 2browns, black and another one (Forget players I will erase them - PMs. in a game, PM0 and 1 for our Player and Enemys with Pm2 and 3 Multicolour, using Dlis. and re-use, like Ripper Demo to get many of them on screen. The idea about this particular one is put flicker in the trees and on sea on other screens, with a clever use the flicker can give the idea of moving the plants. This can be done with many more games. For example:

LN2_1.htmlLN2_2.htmlln2_3.html

You can get the idea of car light, the fire,... flicker as real changing of colour. Understand what I mean.

And see what I got, when I load Ikari Warriors from Lemon64:

Screenshotikari1.html

Screenshotikari2.html

This guys were crazy or what. Probably the worst game on C64 history, why using other sizes. The only one I know in C64 that use Sprites greater size it's on 1st or 2nd Level of LastNinjaI when one of the two dragonsmouth send fire.

But carzy ideas apart, the AIS it's real great. The .MIC direct conversion is what I am looking for years. What I have in mind as a project, I have many things done, others in mind, all objects taken, maps, Players movements and prioritys like on real A8, Screen Master done. And I don't have to say wich is the game... I think I can put here something in a week. With AIS I choose the 4 real colours and save it to use with PMs. and DLIs. on G2F. Then I choose the other 4 and save to .BMP. Put G2F on the left with loading .MiC of my monitor and the .BMP on the right side. First I do the DLIs., select what colour I want to be PF0/1/2 abd Backgr., put the 5th colour and finally and simply use PMs and paint the objects that I see in .BMP in my G2f screen.

And "voila", I have a new screen done in minutes.

Yours Atarily,

Jose Pereira.

(P.S. - PeteD - This is what I said on the past, this is what I always think that G2F must have and not had to use GIMP (that you proudly help me) or other ones. By the way, I hope you succeed wint Exploding Fist and many more in the future, sinceraly. Sometimes I think it is my bad English, I just was only tryindg to help and want to see many new things and unreleased games on A8. So Peace (Only peace, love I prefer with a great looking girl))

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you very much!

We need a PC paint/conversion program like C64's Timanthes.

post-12528-1250322388_thumb.png

Not necessarily. At first , we'd need a full hw and bug free version of G2F. I understand why it is harder to create a tool for the A8 than for the C64.

Many features on the A8 are not straight logical, where on the C64 simple logical .. and repeating.. functions work.

I don't want the tool to get ended up as RMT, which claimed to be a Music tracker but ruling particular this point out.

TeBe, I loves AIS but why my LAVASOFT ADWARE things that AIS (mainly older versions) is spyware???

Is there any zip algorythm or something like that?

Windows Defender find nothing

AIS has in resources file mads.exe, plain text xex.asm, few LIB like GIF, PNG, few icons

Edited by tebe

• 5 weeks later...

Well,

Superpacker (PC-Version) also includes MADS.EXE - whenever I run my virus-scanner manually it deletes this file, because it thinks its a trojan... so I made several backups of Superpacker and MADS.EXE on USB sticks and other media...

-Andreas Koch.

TeBe, I loves AIS but why my LAVASOFT ADWARE things that AIS (mainly older versions) is spyware???

Is there any zip algorythm or something like that?

Windows Defender find nothing

AIS has in resources file mads.exe, plain text xex.asm, few LIB like GIF, PNG, few icons

• 2 years later...