IGNORED

Lady Bug

Battlezone

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, this is definitely a fun little game. I've been playing it on my Flashcard, when not playing Solitaire.

I was going to start a new topic, but when I saw this thread, I thought I'd hijack it.

I see that the eBay saller Abrakadabrax is at it again...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-LYNX-Lady-Bug_W0QQitemZ170376725632QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item27ab3e8480&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I am pointing out this eBay auction to make sure the authors of "A Bug's Lynx" are okay with this guy putting their game on a cartridge and selling it as "Lady Bug" for his own gain.

He's been selling Yastuna 1 and 2 for a while, which I don't think anyone has a problem with, but he's also selling pirated versions of Lemmings and Raiden. (Keep in mind that the Raiden he is selling is the CES pre-release version, and is not the complete game. It crashes after you play a game.)

So, if Fadest, Rygar or DoctorY have a problem with this auction (and he has 8 for sale as of now) I wanted to make sure they were aware of it's existence.

Hope this helps,

Smeg

Thanks you for the link.

Quickly and personnally (I do not speak for Rygar and DoctorY), I do not support this edition, because, even if ABL will probably end like this, maybe included in an hypothetical Yastuna 0, this version is far from what I could call a game :

- music has to be changed because, I took one into Rygar's ABC Music archive, but was not aware that this was the one made for Lynxopoly. So we will put another one in ABL of course

- graphisms has to be reworked, maybe from scratch in order to fit with Lynx display

- and most important, it have the dummiest, predictable and useles AI opponent one can put into a video game, so this is not really enjoyable after few miutes of play.

So really, I think this does not desserve a real release on card.

I still plan to go back on this later, I have a few ideas I would like to put in it, and DoctorY gave me some really nice other one. But, I don't know when I will take time to do this (first, I must set up a new lynx development unit).

And personnally, even if I give my games for free, I don't like :

- the idea of having some king of limited beta versions floating around for sale that may becomme collectible in furture (in fact, this is not a stable version, I could have distributes the previous or next compile, I had tons of versions of the game before, and will have tons in the future, so thee is no particular interest in it)

- the fact that buyers will not get what they are expecting : a full and playable game

Ohh, I will finish it.

It's not a question or finishing or cancelling it, it's more a question of when...

As I no more have my win XP laptop, when will I take time to set up a new computer for Lynx coding...

Then, when will I take time to go back on it...

In fact, it's just a question of motivation, I can be really lazy :ponder: for long period, and very productive during short period. The goal of the game is to optimize these productivity periods (and not start new projects during them). Recently, I was more on Jag coding on Project W and SPACE...

Thanks you for the link.

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

I see this seller is no longer selling Lady Bug, so someone had a talk with him or with eBay. In fact, most of his Lynx VCR box auctions have gone away, except (oddly enough) his Raiden auction, and one that features all of his burned ROMz, which if you look, does still include Lady Bug and Lemmings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-GAMES-for-ATARI-LYNX_W0QQitemZ170377782070QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item27ab4ea336&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Cheers,

Smeg

• 2 weeks later...

You know what was weird... he had an R-Type cart for the Lynx.

It had a screenshot and everything. I've never heard of R-type for the Lynx though.

Now it has been pulled.

WTF?! First off, I troll eBay for Lynx stuff all the time... I wonder how I missed that.

But more importantly, R-Type for the Lynx? Is such a thing even possible? Has anyone run into a ROM? The auction text said, "Warsaw Project Team presents..." but I did a search and came up with nothing. We know that guy's normal operating procedure is to grab ROMs and burn them to cart, so a ROM must exist. Huh.

How interesting. Anybody know anything about this?

Cheers,

Smeg

You know what was weird... he had an R-Type cart for the Lynx.

It had a screenshot and everything. I've never heard of R-type for the Lynx though.

Now it has been pulled.

WTF?! First off, I troll eBay for Lynx stuff all the time... I wonder how I missed that.

But more importantly, R-Type for the Lynx? Is such a thing even possible? Has anyone run into a ROM? The auction text said, "Warsaw Project Team presents..." but I did a search and came up with nothing. We know that guy's normal operating procedure is to grab ROMs and burn them to cart, so a ROM must exist. Huh.

How interesting. Anybody know anything about this?

Cheers,

Smeg

the auction was pulled... so I have been emailing him JUST so I can figure out what it is. I want to buy it to find out as well.

As for a ROM, there isn't one. ot with the R-Type name. I've looked for it, searched all of my roms... and nothing.

Cheers,

Smeg

Yet you missed the 5 protos earlier this year? ;)

(don't worry I missed 2 of them last year... but I'll keep the 5 safe and warm for you.)

Yeah, I have to wonder about that, myself! I check eBay a couple times a week, but I don't think it always shows me auctions out of the US. I could probably change a setting somewhere...

Ah well, I'm unemployed now as it is. I can't be buying too much stuff that can't eat or wear. :D

... so I have been emailing him JUST so I can figure out what it is. I want to buy it to find out as well.

As for a ROM, there isn't one. ot with the R-Type name. I've looked for it, searched all of my roms... and nothing.

I looked through my ROMs as well. I found two with the name 'rtype' but one is a sprite demo and the other a sound demo. Nice R-Type logo, tho!

I emailed him too. I've bought several things from him, so I'm a bit disappointed he hasn't replied to me. Have you received a response yet?

Cheers,

Smeg

Cheers,

Smeg

Yet you missed the 5 protos earlier this year? ;)

(don't worry I missed 2 of them last year... but I'll keep the 5 safe and warm for you.)

Yeah, I have to wonder about that, myself! I check eBay a couple times a week, but I don't think it always shows me auctions out of the US. I could probably change a setting somewhere...

Ah well, I'm unemployed now as it is. I can't be buying too much stuff that can't eat or wear. :D

... so I have been emailing him JUST so I can figure out what it is. I want to buy it to find out as well.

I looked through my ROMs as well. I found two with the name 'rtype' but one is a sprite demo and the other a sound demo. Nice R-Type logo, tho!

I emailed him too. I've bought several things from him, so I'm a bit disappointed he hasn't replied to me. Have you received a response yet?

Cheers,

Smeg

I received nothing from the guy. Oh well I guess.