IGNORED

3D Racer 2600 (WIP)

smartkitten26

Lookin better! Get some good ole collision detection and explosions in there!

Wp

I'll try to do that in my next version (BTW: I just started working on it half an hour ago)

Update: Now when you crash into an enemy car, your car turns into nuke sprite. (best explosion sprite I could make)

This is a pretty good start. One suggestion I have is to switch to the multisprite kernel if your scenery is going to remain symmetrical and isn't going to change. If it is, you might want to consider going with both playfield colors and playfield heights. You'll still be able to draw with the playfield to create curves and bends in the racetrack, and with heights you could make the perspective look more three-dimensional.

Cheers,

Jarod.

Edited by jrok

Lookin better! Get some good ole collision detection and explosions in there!

Wp

I'll try to do that in my next version (BTW: I just started working on it half an hour ago)

Update: Now when you crash into an enemy car, your car turns into nuke sprite. (best explosion sprite I could make)

This is a pretty good start. One suggestion I have is to switch to the multisprite kernel if your scenery is going to remain symmetrical and isn't going to change. If it is, you might want to consider going with both playfield colors and playfield heights. You'll still be able to draw with the playfield to create curves and bends in the racetrack, and with heights you could make the perspective look more three-dimensional.

Cheers,

Jarod.

Many of my projecs need to use the multispirte, but I don't know how to use it. Once I wrote "set kernel multisprite" in one of games and it didnt compile right. can you tell me how to use the multisprite kernel?

I'm not sure what the problem might be. Are you saying the project wouldn't compile at all? What was the error message?

If you want to post an example of a multisprite program that won't compile, I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Edited by jrok

Tough I think maybe I souldn't switch, I'm using alot of kernel options (not in the multisprite kernel yet), so if I switch I might have to make the cars single colors.

Not necessarily. I'm using the multisprite kernel for my Super Mario Brothers game, and I've been able to use flicker and color blending to make some multicolored sprites. I think the important thing to remember with the multisprite kernel is to design according to that kernel's strengths. When you look at it a certain way, you can use the kernel to make twelve independent 30hz sprite objects, which more than makes up for the other inflexibilities. When making a game with it, I just try to pretend that the playfield doesn't even exist, and try to do just about everything with the sprites.

• 2 weeks later...