IGNORED

video demo of my PS3 accessing media on my Mac

SpiceWare

Here's a 4:20 minute demo of my PS3 accessing media (photos, music, videos) that is stored on my MacBook Pro. To do this, I've installed Nullriver's MediaLink software. Similar software is available for other OSes, though I'm not familiar with them.

small 320x180 (75 MB)

medium 640x360 (346 MB)

note: the green bar, and other odd looking lines that come and go, aren't really there - it's a side effect of the TV and camera being out of sync.

Here's a 4:20 minute demo of my PS3 accessing media (photos, music, videos) that is stored on my MacBook Pro. To do this, I've installed Nullriver's MediaLink software. Similar software is available for other OSes, though I'm not familiar with them.

small 320x180 (75 MB)

medium 640x360 (346 MB)

note: the green bar, and other odd looking lines that come and go, aren't really there - it's a side effect of the TV and camera being out of sync.

I would, but your server is too slow for my patience. :P

I would, but your server is too slow for my patience. :P

That's odd - I tested the videos after uploading them and didn't have any network issues.

Edit: just tried it under Firefox (to make sure it wasn't cached) and my host (Powweb) does seem to be a bit slower than earlier. When I first uploaded the video it took about 5 seconds before enough of the small video had been received so that playback could begin. Now it took about 25 seconds :| I guess try again later?

Edited by SpiceWare

That took another 20 minutes to process after the upload finished. And even after that, there's no thumbnail nor HD version. Guess it takes a while for them to process everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6OjbQYFDF4

Edit: The thumbnail just showed up! If you click on the video to see it in YouTube (where the image is slightly larger) it has "This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete." across the top of the screen - so yeah, I guess it does take them a while to process everything :)

Edit 2: the HD version is now there :D

Edited by SpiceWare

Pretty slick dude, but I wish there was a demo version I could try for myself before I decide to plunk down $20, like a time limited release that stops streaming content to your PS3 at the one hour mark.

There is a demo - the download link is separate from the purchase link. Nullriver should probably make that more clear on their site.

Per this, the demo is 30 minutes. I don't recall if you can do multiple 30 minute demos or not as it's been over a year since I bought it.