IGNORED

Legacy Engineering USB joystick unpacking

orpheuswaking

If the USB port has an intermittent problem, can you ship it back to me and I'll exchange for a new stick and USB cable (just in case the cable may be bad, send me an email - online.sales@legacyengineer.com)

Curt

Here is the error I get when using the Joystick. It's intermittent.

I am getting this in Win XP now, anyone know of a work around????? (Never tried it until a few days ago and I get it every time, cannot use the stick at all!)

edit- I think I know what the problem might be. Flakey USB ports...

Just a follow up, I recently tried a different, thicker USB cable and the joystick works perfectly in Winblowz now...

So it was a bad USB cable, would you like me to send you a replacement?

Curt

If the USB port has an intermittent problem, can you ship it back to me and I'll exchange for a new stick and USB cable (just in case the cable may be bad, send me an email - online.sales@legacyengineer.com)

Curt

Here is the error I get when using the Joystick. It's intermittent.

I am getting this in Win XP now, anyone know of a work around????? (Never tried it until a few days ago and I get it every time, cannot use the stick at all!)

edit- I think I know what the problem might be. Flakey USB ports...

Just a follow up, I recently tried a different, thicker USB cable and the joystick works perfectly in Winblowz now...

Curt,

Why don't you answer his question about why it wasn't shipped when you said it would be. You keep attacking him, yet never answer the valid questions he has in his post.

I ordered my stick from you a long time ago, after 4 months I had to chase you down and send e-mails (which I never got a response to) and message posts, and then more emails. Then I finally got an email from you saying it was shipped, and then waited two weeks and got nothing. Then I emailed a few more times and then had to provide you with my order info (which you should have had). After five months I finally got the stick. Do you think this is how business is done? I just wanted the stick - I ordered it, paid for it, and then had to chase you around for five months to get it.

Curt, from my experience (which doesn't sound very unique) you're in the wrong here. If you had done what you said you would neither I, nor Larry, nor anyone else would have a problem with you. YOU started the company. YOU didn't ship them when you said you would. YOU didn't tell anyone of the delays. YOU ignored people's emails. Thanks for making the stick, but next time please learn how to run a business before you start taking orders.

And talking about the stick, when I got it and it didn't look anything like the example picture on your website (no orange paint, no rubber footpads, smaller, lousy button feel, and a cheaper plastic finish), did you apologize? No, you just took down the picture (after it had been misrepresenting what the actual stick looked like for over six months) and offered to let me return it. I chose to keep it because it wasn't worth my time to return it (and I feared if returning it was anything like ordering it I would never see my money).

Curt, it would be refreshing to hear you admit some of the mistakes you've made during this whole process.

Scot Jebens

=============================

VG Man wrote:

Curt,

In this case, I paid the initial shipping charge of $6.15 (as agreed) to have the stick shipped to me. Your website states that products ship in 2-3 days. When I realized it was taking too long to receive the stick I contacted you. You stated that products get shipped on Wednesday's. I placed the order on a Monday. Obviously, you didn't ship the stick to me that Wednesday following my order...for reasons unknown.

Larry Bennett

• Like 5

Because it's germane to the discussion. Other people might like to know about these sorts of issues before they decide to order.

I certainly would have liked to know what I was getting into when I ordered my stick.

Curt I am still awaiting the arrival of my retro refill kit that I ordered and sent a money order for :ponder:

and you can't resolve this in private because?:?

• Like 2

Hmm, I see both sides of the story here... If the stick wasn't shipped when it was supposed to then overnight shipping is just good customer service (out of pocket or no)... And if the stick doesn't work a regular refund at regular cost (minus shipping) OR a replacement is warranted... HOWEVER it appears to me that the stick is not defective at all and it's a software issue, so no refund or replacement is warranted.

Personally after the delay for the two retro sticks everything after that ordered from Curt has arrived promptly (retro kits) also Curt sent me the two replacement fire buttons at his own cost!

And that's why message boards like this are such a valuable resource - you can hear about issues - both good and bad.

Hmm, I see both sides of the story here... If the stick wasn't shipped when it was supposed to then overnight shipping is just good customer service (out of pocket or no)... And if the stick doesn't work a regular refund at regular cost (minus shipping) OR a replacement is warranted... HOWEVER it appears to me that the stick is not defective at all and it's a software issue, so no refund or replacement is warranted.

Personally after the delay for the two retro sticks everything after that ordered from Curt has arrived promptly (retro kits) also Curt sent me the two replacement fire buttons at his own cost!

• Like 2

Its not smaller, its identical, that's already been shown in photo's and video's

The button issue was addressed and anyone who's asked for an upgrade gets one free

The finish is actually a smoother and more modern finish

True - no orange ring.

rubber feet are not mentioned or necessary, I did however make indentations for rubber feet to be added if anyone wants to instead of surface mounting them which would cause them to eventually slide loose, so I actually added that.

I wasn't expecting to get sick over and over, sorry I ignored your emails and as I've told this over, and over, and over, and over.... you could've cancled your order at anytime and been done with it and moved on, you chose not to, so if you waited, that's on you, not me, I'm not going to apologize because you didn't go to the exit sign, take the blue pill, jump out the fire escape, whatever.

I did respond when he asked me to ship it overnight, yes normally order processing is 2-3 days, his was 4-5 days, so again I could've just said, sorry could'nt get it out in time - canceling your order and refunding. No, he asked if I could overnight, without hesitation, I did so and then wound up with this guy abusing that favor.

So no, I am not in the wrong at all.

Curt

Curt,

Why don't you answer his question about why it wasn't shipped when you said it would be. You keep attacking him, yet never answer the valid questions he has in his post.

I ordered my stick from you a long time ago, after 4 months I had to chase you down and send e-mails (which I never got a response to) and message posts, and then more emails. Then I finally got an email from you saying it was shipped, and then waited two weeks and got nothing. Then I emailed a few more times and then had to provide you with my order info (which you should have had). After five months I finally got the stick. Do you think this is how business is done? I just wanted the stick - I ordered it, paid for it, and then had to chase you around for five months to get it.

Curt, from my experience (which doesn't sound very unique) you're in the wrong here. If you had done what you said you would neither I, nor Larry, nor anyone else would have a problem with you. YOU started the company. YOU didn't ship them when you said you would. YOU didn't tell anyone of the delays. YOU ignored people's emails. Thanks for making the stick, but next time please learn how to run a business before you start taking orders.

And talking about the stick, when I got it and it didn't look anything like the example picture on your website (no orange paint, no rubber footpads, smaller, lousy button feel, and a cheaper plastic finish), did you apologize? No, you just took down the picture (after it had been misrepresenting what the actual stick looked like for over six months) and offered to let me return it. I chose to keep it because it wasn't worth my time to return it (and I feared if returning it was anything like ordering it I would never see my money).

Curt, it would be refreshing to hear you admit some of the mistakes you've made during this whole process.

Scot Jebens

=============================

VG Man wrote:

Curt,

In this case, I paid the initial shipping charge of $6.15 (as agreed) to have the stick shipped to me. Your website states that products ship in 2-3 days. When I realized it was taking too long to receive the stick I contacted you. You stated that products get shipped on Wednesday's. I placed the order on a Monday. Obviously, you didn't ship the stick to me that Wednesday following my order...for reasons unknown.

Larry Bennett

I think we discussed this - nothing was ever received from you, I suggested you check with your post office if you sent a money order as nothing was ever received and you kinda jumped the gun on things since the storefront wasn't even open yet and no order # or anything was associated with an order.

Its been a while, but I don't recall where things had left off, and up until now, I hadn't heard anything from you in quite some time, no email or such, so if nothing has been done, thats because things were still kinda up in the air with what happened to your payment and such, but the email address is always there and waiting for an email so if you'd like to catch me up with what happened since we last spoke, lets see what can be done about things and as always - the email (not a PM, I'm not handling things in PM, emails please...) online.sales@legacyengineer.com

Curt

Curt I am still awaiting the arrival of my retro refill kit that I ordered and sent a money order for :ponder:

Sounds eerily familiar...

Most likely because his emails are getting ignored.

Thats no surprise.

Word of advice, instead of going on some kind of half cocked crusade and blogging all over the place, try actually contacting someone direct and do it through the instruction given, you may find that it works 1000% faster then your way.

Erm, lesse. Contacting you directly got me 14 months of the runaround with zero results. The half cocked crusade got me the sticks in a grand total of 5 days.

God help me if theyre defective!

• Like 2

In the end, you and everyone else got their products, if I get the proper information, sent properly and fully, everyone has received their products. I have not cheated or stolen or hidden from anyone. I've been out here in the open and I've addressed anyone's and everyone's open orders that are valid and verified. I've received a hand full of scammers claiming they ordered and then never produced any valid proof, so when I ask for full information, sorry if that is an inconvenience, but its necessary to protect me and others, in the end, everyone has gotten their products.

Anyone who's requested exchanges, or free upgrades have received them, I've improved the design over the last year - for instance the fire buttons and people who asked got free upgrades and shipping - at my cost, it wasn't something that I had to do, but chose to do and I keep doing.

So you can make your little jabs all you want, and I hope they make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but at the end of the day, despite 3 open heart surgeries and over a year and a half of recovery - I still managed to honor and to get all of the orders out and then some, and I'm damned proud of what I've accomplished against the odds.

Curt

Sounds eerily familiar...

Most likely because his emails are getting ignored.

Thats no surprise.

Word of advice, instead of going on some kind of half cocked crusade and blogging all over the place, try actually contacting someone direct and do it through the instruction given, you may find that it works 1000% faster then your way.

Erm, lesse. Contacting you directly got me 14 months of the runaround with zero results. The half cocked crusade got me the sticks in a grand total of 5 days.

God help me if theyre defective!

• Like 1

In the end, you and everyone else got their products, if I get the proper information, sent properly and fully, everyone has received their products.

Are you sure? You apparently didnt even know I existed until last week...

I've been out here in the open and I've addressed anyone's and everyone's open orders that are valid and verified.

What about people who don't read AA? Did you ever send an email to customers explaining the situation?

So you can make your little jabs all you want, and I hope they make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but at the end of the day, despite 3 open heart surgeries and over a year and a half of recovery - I still managed to honor and to get all of the orders out and then some, and I'm damned proud of what I've accomplished against the odds.

You're continuing to insinuate that I somehow went out of my way to prevent you from acknowledging my order, and you're taking a defensive public stance which frankly is a little creepy.

My advice to you: Man up. Admit when you've dropped the ball and get over it. Customers generally dont like to be treated like dirt, yknow?

• Like 2

I've been out here in the open and I've addressed anyone's and everyone's open orders that are valid and verified.

What about people who don't read AA? Did you ever send an email to customers explaining the situation?

Everyone who emails me has been taken care of, being on AA isn't necessary, but I guess you wouldn't know or understand that.

You're continuing to insinuate that I somehow went out of my way to prevent you from acknowledging my order, and you're taking a defensive public stance which frankly is a little creepy.

My advice to you: Man up. Admit when you've dropped the ball and get over it. Customers generally dont like to be treated like dirt, yknow?

You not moving on, and stalking me is whats truly creepy.

Yet despite the issues with your info, I still got your order taken care of as I said, when the info was received - which you still even at the end didn't do correctly, I actually had to have a 3rd party get your info because out of your continued childishness and lack of following the simplest of instructions - YOU STILL DID IT WRONG !!!

Treated like dirt ??? I don't like being treat like dirt too after everything I've been through and still took care of everyone's orders, so I have always manned up, manned up more then you will ever know or understand in your life, I've dealt with pain and trouble breathing and doing even the simplest of thing that most people can't even imagine and still and yet I still got up everyday and took care of things, so it is you who needs to man up and stop your whining, if you can't handle it, too bad.

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 2

Everyone who emails me has been taken care of, being on AA isn't necessary, but I guess you wouldn't know or understand that.

I'll take that to mean that you never emailed anyone about the delays.

Yet despite the issues with your info, I still got your order taken care of as I said, when the info was received - which you still even at the end didn't do correctly, I actually had to have a 3rd party get your info because out of your continued childishness and lack of following the simplest of instructions - YOU STILL DID IT WRONG !!!

You're kidding, right? I kind of recall me handling all that. Be careful, I've got all sorts of emails to prove it :)

I've dealt with pain and trouble breathing and doing even the simplest of thing that most people can't even imagine and still and yet I still got up everyday and took care of things, so it is you who needs to man up and stop your whining, if you can't handle it, too bad.

You got me there. Your ability to weasel around the facts is astounding. At any rate I'm starting to get PMs in my inbox complaining about you. Shall I forward those to James at Retro Thing like the last time?

• Like 2

Forward away, James sent me everything anyway, that's how I had to get your proper info and get your order out, again instead of sending the proper information the proper way as again asked, you send it to him and then he and I discussed your stupidity and I had him forward the info to me and I filled your order, you still didn't do things right, but I went out of the way and despite your continued stupidity and childishness, I still got your info and got your order out, the lengths I've had to go through to get your order completed was above and beyond the call of duty, yet that was the length I went through and here we are today, having decided to make this thread personal, so you keep on with your rants and I'll keep on with your slap down and we'll just keep on with this and get nowhere, but amuse yourself, because I'm getting real PM's and we are all getting a huge chuckle out of your stupidity on this.

I'll take that to mean that you never emailed anyone about the delays.

You're kidding, right? I kind of recall me handling all that. Be careful, I've got all sorts of emails to prove it :)

I've dealt with pain and trouble breathing and doing even the simplest of thing that most people can't even imagine and still and yet I still got up everyday and took care of things, so it is you who needs to man up and stop your whining, if you can't handle it, too bad.

You got me there. Your ability to weasel around the facts is astounding. At any rate I'm starting to get PMs in my inbox complaining about you. Shall I forward those to James at Retro Thing like the last time?

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 2

If you believe Curt still owes you money, I'd gladly send it to you myself at this point just to get you to shut the hell up and go away for good. Orders get lost, filled incompletely or incorrectly, or screwed up in some other way all the time, and most companies aren't as responsive about it as Curt has been (especially under his circumstances). Do you want your order filled or to be sent a refund? As Curt has said, everyone who had issues has gotten one or the other. Do you want an apology? Curt has offered it, several times. What more could you possibly want at this point?

Personally, I suspect that either you have some other personal issue with Curt, or that you're being put up to this by somebody else who does, and that this whole joystick incident is just a smokescreen. The shitstorm that you're kicking up here and elsewhere is way out of proportion to any possible "injustice" you could have experienced over a lost order, especially one that was probably worth a measly $50 or less. Be honest about what this is all about or give it up already.

No, he got his order, filled shipped and received. Just took forever to get all of his info properly and after telling him where to send it, he instead sends it over to Retrothing and James and I discussed this guy, instead of just giving up on this guy who just wouldn't listen, I decided to have the info sent over, got it down to the shipping bench and off it went. He gets his order and is STILL complaining and can't give it up, so here we are with him complaining to every post and yet like I've said - when I get the info, its correct and sent to the right address, not PM'd, not sent to a 3rd party, not gibberish that can't be opened and read - but correct and full info - everyone has gotten there order, even this guy and I even posted his Tracking # to show that he got it, yet he can't give it up and enough is enough with this stupidity.

If you believe Curt still owes you money, I'd gladly send it to you myself at this point just to get you to shut the hell up and go away for good. Orders get lost, filled incompletely or incorrectly, or screwed up in some other way all the time, and most companies aren't as responsive about it as Curt has been (especially under his circumstances). Do you want your order filled or to be send a refund? As Curt has said, everyone who had issues has gotten one or the other. Do you want an apology? Curt has offered it, several times. What more could you possibly want at this point?

Personally, I suspect that either you have some other personal issue with Curt, or that you're being put up to this by somebody else who does, and that this whole joystick incident is just a smokescreen. The shitstorm that you're kicking up here and elsewhere is way out of proportion to any possible "injustice" you could have experienced over a lost order, especially one that was probably worth a measly $50 or less. Be honest about what this is all about or give it up already.

• Like 2

If you believe Curt still owes you money, I'd gladly send it to you myself at this point just to get you to shut the hell up and go away for good. Orders get lost, filled incompletely or incorrectly, or screwed up in some other way all the time, and most companies aren't as responsive about it as Curt has been (especially under his circumstances). Do you want your order filled or to be send a refund? As Curt has said, everyone who had issues has gotten one or the other. Do you want an apology? Curt has offered it, several times. What more could you possibly want at this point?

Imagine for a second someone was blatantly lying and making shit up about you. How would you handle that one?

• Like 2

Imagine for a second someone was blatantly lying and making shit up about you. How would you handle that one?

Considering that the issue that supposedly started it has already been resolved, I'd just walk away. I wish you would do the same.

Thats really unimpressive.

At any rate since I'm probably starting to annoy people who dont take the time to actually read the stuff in this thread, I'll stop posting now. I think I've made my point, and I've got Curt talking in circles, so theres no more work to be done here.

Sorry to be such a nuisance folks.

• Like 2