IGNORED

Tank Command maps

Mord

Starting a separate thread to toss these maps so it's all together.

I notice that there's no real split between levels, you just hear a little bell and you continue on. This means the start/ends of the maps will be "give or take" a few pixels. ;)

Just so I can gauge my progress, how many levels are in the game?

post-4460-125339178461_thumb.png

Here's "level 2", again give or take a couple pixels. I believe this level has land mines, but they're not shown on this map. If anyone else wants to go through the extra effort of finding and labeling them on the map, go for it!

I'm also attaching a save state for the prosystem emulator that'll start you off right where it changes to level 2.

post-4460-125350563698_thumb.png

level-2.zip

And done. I've noticed that there are indeed landmines in the game, and it wasn't just my imagination. Some are on the map, but are difficult to see. If you touch'em, they explode shortly after and bang! Not sure if it's possible to trip them off and get away if you turn around fast enough.

Other than that the main pieces of advice I can think of would be:

1. When you hear something drop, immediately turn to the side. They'll land on you if you keep going straight up.

2. There are two kinds of red tanks. Dumb, and smart. The dumb ones just keep going south, firing repeatedly. You can avoid those just by going along the side. The smart ones will turn to chase you and will chase you until they hit you, or run into you. So if a tank turns, destroy it asap or you'll regret it later.

post-4460-12540396916_thumb.png

Nice!

My biggest problem always seems to be running out of fuel. :roll:

And now for the usual hosting request. Do you mind if I host it with the other maps?

Mitch

Go for it. And just to cover future games, you can host any 7800 maps I do in the forums here on your site. :)

--

Mord

Nice!

My biggest problem always seems to be running out of fuel. :roll:

And now for the usual hosting request. Do you mind if I host it with the other maps?

Mitch

Go for it. And just to cover future games, you can host any 7800 maps I do in the forums here on your site. :)

--

Mord

Excellent, thanks!

Mitch