IGNORED

controller mark 5 "powertroller"

bohoki

well yesterday i went to an electronics store and got some parts (dammit i forgot a 9 pin male for the keypad have to get it later

my inspiration is that i got a spiffy 12 v powersupply and realized it was just deep enough to hold a arcade stick (pretty much exactly)it had a couple extra holes for a switch and iec line cord but i put plastic plates over those)

heres what i started with

DCP_7549.jpg

it was really hard to drill the holes i should have a 1 and 1/8 punch but no i got a step bit i was almost done when the damg bit stuck and spun my box on shavings so now i have a permanent scratches on the top

here is it

DCP_7550.jpg

inside once again is a wiring nightmare

DCP_7551.jpg

i got 15 conductor wire so i can wire in a atari video touchpad later

man it was working fine then all of a sudden mr dig was running right i was like crap a wire came loose

i tracked it down to a bad right switch it was intermittant in its no position

fixed that then all of a sudden it was only going down once again a bad switch down this time thats what i get for using well used arcade parts

workin good now the diagonals aren't so great though was havving trouble walking popeye upstairs

this one feels sturdy the box is tough and it has a spiffy cord capture stress relief

workin good now the diagonals aren't so great though was havving trouble walking popeye upstairs

Nice.

That is a HAPP competition stick. It happens to be my favorite arcade stick. However the diagonals are harder to hit with the competition. You might want to try a HAPP SUPER, these sticks are cheap, thats the best thing about them Under $20 from the HAPP site.

Nice.

That is a HAPP competition stick. It happens to be my favorite arcade stick. However the diagonals are harder to hit with the competition. You might want to try a HAPP SUPER, these sticks are cheap, thats the best thing about them Under $20 from the HAPP site.

i thank you its just i bought a couple populated controll pannels off a scuzzy arcade operator and after making a couple mame machines i had these parts left over so this is probably my final build i have one yellow and one white button left an operation wolf gun and the countdown display from a crane game(see joystick mark 1)

DCP_7552.jpg

i currently have a little pack of 6 aas inside the opwolf gun to operate the motor that vibrates it hooked to the trigger switch

• 3 years later...