IGNORED

Marines: Modern Urban Combat

vdub_bobby

So, apparently on the list of fall 2009 games that Nintendo released on September 15 was a game supposedly called "Marines: Modern Urban Combat," supposedly being published by Destineer, supposedly being released on Nov 3.

I can't find any info or even mention of it other than that list (on multiple sites; allgame.com, IGN, GameSpy, GameStats, Kotaku, etc. etc.) Nothing at Destineer's website.

Anybody here have any info? I don't have any high hopes for it or anything, I'm just curious - and more curious, now, since it is a mystery game...or something. :ponder:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I thought it was total vaporware or maybe just a typo of some kind - but it appears to be real. :lol: Here's a preview from Destructoid:

What may or may not be a problem for Wii FPS fans is the speed of the reticule. Movement and control are slow, but I believe it is a conscious decision of the dev team. This game is supposed to recreate the actions of Marines, so hiding behind walls, crouching, and patiently waiting for your squad to do their part means that running and gunning is a no-no. Some people will hate it, but Wii-gamers with a realistic bent might like it. This is certainly designed to at least play realistically, so slow and steady kills the bad guys.

Unfortunately, I have to say that this is not the prettiest game ever seen on the Wii. Textures are muddy, flat and dull, and while the squad members and enemies look a little better, movements are rather stiff. This is in part due to the power of the Wii, as well as the budget nature of the game.

Looks like a realistic, squad-based, budget FPS. Supposed to be $30 when it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...