IGNORED

Terrance & Phillip 2: Not Without My Anus

atari2600land

This is in the earliest stages. I'm putting Video Poker on the back burner because I like platformers better than card games. Well, level 1 is swimming, and Terrance goes down into the depths of the Fartlantic Ocean to swim with the pirahna fish. There's 2 screens so far so screen 2 will repeat forever.

Controls while swimming:

fire - swim upwards

down - swim downwards really fast

left and right - move left and right.

tpsequel1.bin

default.bas

I decided to make this more like Super Mario Bros. 3 with a level map and actual levels (like 1-1), and I added a timer. I'll add one more screen later and 1-1 will be finished (and I'll have to move it up to 8k!) Level 1-3 is a boss fight in which Terrance is driving a submarine and will have to shoot at a big fish (hence the big fish on the map screen.) This level will be kind of like 2-3 in Super Mario Land 1, in which there will be stuff before the fight.

tpsequel4.bin

default.bas

Since my computer quit working because I couldn't compile anything above 4k, I had to switch to the other one. Level 1-1 is now done, and minimalist work has begun on 1-2. Is 1 minute 59 seconds a good time limit for 1-1? Too much time? Too little time? Let me know.

0nwma.bas.bin

0nwma.bas

Major improvements in this version. I changed the swimming animation. I also added another frame so IMO it looks more like he's swimming. I also made the two fish in screen 6 face the correct way, as well as made some improvements to the title screen and I changed the map world. What do you think of the changes I made here?

0nwma.bas.bin

0nwma.bas

• 4 weeks later...

I like the idea better than the first, but liked the first game better, so far. After you work on this some more I'm sure I'll start to like this better.

Some comments so far:

First screen before game starts has lots of flicker. Supposed to? I thought I was supposed to do something, but then realized that game hadn't started yet.

First screen.. no problems from me, although I notice you can get "stuck" in corners of the playfield and sometimes hard to get out or not get out at all. This later becomes really noticeable in the later level with the diagonal playfield. I got stuck more than once, could not get out.

Second screen has one fish on top, one on bottom. Fish flicker too much. Is there a reason for that since the third screen has three fish which do not flicker at all.

Why are there "openings" on the bottom of the playfield? I figured I could swim through them, but nope I die.

The more I play this the more I am liking it. I think the controls are good. I can't figure out how come I keep getting stuck on walls. Like the wall right below where you start the game I am stuck on.

One of the levels only gives you 11 or so seconds to finish? Intentional? I'm guessing since you didn't do any more after that.

EDIT: I just realized the timer is through the whole game.. not different for each level. I went through it faster and got past the level I couldn't get past before. It was the one with that fish that starts in the top right and follows you around.

So, will you be introducing a way to get more time in the game?

Edited by yuppicide

• 5 months later...

Well, I'm back to working on this one again. It took me a while to get myself back up to speed on it. I've added screens 15 & 16 to the game. Two more screens and I can call 1-2 finished and move on to 1-3, the first boss battle being Terrance in a submarine shooting a giant octopus (sort of like 2-3 in Super Mario Land.) To start the game, press reset switch, and then fire on the map once the Terrance head moves to 1-2's dot on the map.

0nwma.bas

0nwma.bas.bin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've decided to resume work on this. Something else reminded me of it and immediately thought, "Gee, I never finished it." Right now, I'm getting re-acclimated to playing the game, (which takes some getting used to). Once I finish that, I'll post more screens of 2-1. This was (is) an attempt to make something in the style of Super Mario Bros. 3 apparently. It has a map screen. Be warned, though. Level 1's boss charges at you twice (once before and once after) you shoot him. Shoot him 5 times to finally make him go and you'll get to world 2.

0nwma032412.bas.bin

0nwma032412.bas