IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

Hello.

I ordered the Zaku and I saw it is out of stock at the moment. When can we expect the next production run?

Star Odyssey, our upcoming new RPG for the Genesis / Mega Drive, went into production just as we sold through our initial stock of Zaku. This game is scheduled for an early 2011 release, at which time we will finish production of our replacement stock of Zaku, and begin shipping copies to all backorder customers such as yourself.

We appreciate your order, and thanks for your patience. If you have any additional questions, you are free to post them here at the forums, or send them directly to me via e-mail (for the quickest response).

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

October 24, 2009

This is it: endgame. We've worked on Zaku for six long years, putting as much of our heart and soul into the product as we could - and then, we snuck back around and added in some more. The skillful, talented folks at PenguiNet and the quality focused, get things done attitude of Super Fighter Team came together to produce a labor of love for the Atari Lynx: a system we admire and wished to celebrate the power of.

Zaku is here.

$40.00 + shipping and handling. Orders proudly accepted from anywhere in the world. This is the new, fun game that every Lynx owner will enjoy.

Your interest and support are greatly appreciated. We wouldn't have made it this far without them. Now together, let's show the world what the Atari Lynx is capable of.

http://www.zaku-lynx.com/

Never let dreams die!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any information about when the game will be restocked? I have ordered mine more months ago... I really would like to play with it now.

I'll make an official announcement here at the forums as soon as the game is back in stock. And of course, as a backorder customer, you'll be sent a shipping confirmation e-mail at that time. Thank you for your patience.

• 1 month later...

Hey Clean Larry I've got a question. So I noticed on your website that your company is in Santee, I'm in Spring Valley thats just right up the road from me. I'm thinking of ordering Zaku and was wondering if it would be possible to just pick up a copy in person rather then pay for shipping?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Clean Larry I've got a question. So I noticed on your website that your company is in Santee, I'm in Spring Valley thats just right up the road from me. I'm thinking of ordering Zaku and was wondering if it would be possible to just pick up a copy in person rather then pay for shipping?

Sorry I didn't get around to the forums quickly enough to answer this question here, but I did receive your e-mail about it and replied to that. Generally, e-mail is the best way to get ahold of me, as I check it every day and can get you a quick response.

Sorry I didn't get around to the forums quickly enough to answer this question here, but I did receive your e-mail about it and replied to that. Generally, e-mail is the best way to get ahold of me, as I check it every day and can get you a quick response.

Yeah I got your reply, thanks for letting me know. I'll be placing an order after my cruise in July. :)

I emailed Brandon but have not heard a response yet about and ETA when Zaku is to be restocked. Is there a general window of time when this game is to be available again? As stated before, I have already ordered the game months ago.

I did respond to your e-mail, John; perhaps it ended up in your spam folder by accident?

What are they doing to prevent piracy for this game? It seems like it is already fair game under several provisions of pirate law.

Please do not discuss the illegal distribution of our game products. Have some respect.

Piracy is a sure-fire way to guarantee less new games appearing for everyone's favorite classic systems.

Show some respect yourself. I was not promoting it, I was asking about prevention. I haven't even been on Atari Age for a month and was already offered a copy, which I declined of course. These forums apparently are not moderated but if you want to take someone to task, maybe you should start with the website since they ignore copyright at their convenience already.

Show some respect yourself. I was not promoting it, I was asking about prevention.

Please excuse me if I misinterpreted your meaning. Piracy is like a cancer for small companies like ours. For every respectful customer who appreciates the hard work that goes into these types of products (and all the costs associated with them), there's always a group of thieves slavering over the thought of getting something for nothing, without a care in the world to what new software may not appear in the future as a result of their selfish actions. As it's something I don't take lightly, you can understand why I get irritated when it's mentioned in regard to any of our titles.

While we at Super Fighter Team are proud to distribute some of our games as free downloads (such as Sango Fighter and Super Fighter Block Battle), our commercial software represents our best effort to produce high-quality, authentic products for classic gaming fans to enjoy. We only ask that our right to do so be respected, so we can continue providing the same kind of software for many years to come.

Thank you.

I emailed Brandon but have not heard a response yet about and ETA when Zaku is to be restocked. Is there a general window of time when this game is to be available again? As stated before, I have already ordered the game months ago.

I did respond to your e-mail, John; perhaps it ended up in your spam folder by accident?

I did your email, it just did not really answer the question(ETA on when the game will be shipping :)). Not a big deal, as I interpreted from your response that there is probably a very subjective window of time when the game gets made, done and shipped to folks. I will continue to support your company and products and do appreciate you getting back to me :).

I did your email, it just did not really answer the question(ETA on when the game will be shipping :)). Not a big deal, as I interpreted from your response that there is probably a very subjective window of time when the game gets made, done and shipped to folks. I will continue to support your company and products and do appreciate you getting back to me :).

I realize it wasn't the answer you wanted, but I appreciate your patience and continued support. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Clean Larry, I was just wondering, will you continue selling this game after all the backorders are done?

Thanks!

I'm not Brandon, but he seems to be quite busy so I'll do my best to answer. Super Fighter Team does print runs for each game, for example Zaku was made with a first print run of 300 copies which ran out some time ago. When you place a backorder, it is for a copy in the next batch. New batches will be made as long as there are enough resources to make them, and there is demand for the game. Beggar Prince was available for quite a long time and had several production runs. Zaku is much less popular but it wil probably be available for order as long as the need is there.

Right now Star Odyssey is keeping everything else on hold, but hopefully there will be more copies of Zaku available soon.