IGNORED

WS/Price Check: Nintendo E-Reader and NES Game Cards

SoulBlazer

Just tonight, I was looking for something and came across a Ziplock bag that contained a Nintendo E-Reader and some game cards for it. I haven't used or touched this for years so I thought I would offer it here before trying EBay.

For those who are not sure what this it, it's a device that Nintendo released back in 2002 in North America that plugs into the GBA slot and is a card reader. You slide cards through the reader that contain data, and then the data stays in memory until it is shut off. You can even unplug the E-Reader at this point.

Cards were released for the E-Reader contain add-on's for games such as Pokemon, Animal Crossing, SMB 3 and others. They also released a number of Nintendo 'classic games', that are the same games that were released for the Nintendo with it's 1986 launch in the States.

I tested the E-Reader in my DS Lite and it seems to work just fine. Both the E-Reader and the cards are in perfect condition. I don't have the instructions anymore so I don't know what the two ports that are on the E-Reader are for -- interfaces, I think. A FAQ I found says that the Classic Games were sold for $5 each back in the day. There's a E-Reader on Amazon, just by itself, for $8 used. I would prefer to sell everything together.

The games I have with it:

Game and Watch Collection: Manhole

Donkey Kong

Excitebike

Ballon Fight

Baseball

Clu Clu Land

Tennis

Pinball

Donkey Kong Junior

Ice Climber

Thanks in advance.

I bought this new, and a few of the games. I bought the nearly full list of games a couple months ago for $3 shipped, and another lot with an extra reader just so I could get a promo, and it only cost $4 shipped for a backup unit.

This is a really great item, but it's a bit overproduced and under-appreciated. I really wish it was a big deal because I like it alot, but I've seen sets of everything that was basically ever released including all the Pokemon cards with codes go for under $50.

That really wasn't a serious offer, was it, Golden Axe? :)

I would prefer to sell the lot here, to save listing fees, but if no one wants it I'll try my luck on EBay.

Yeah $15 shipped sure. The problem is that I am collecting these but can't/won't open them and only collect new. It would be nice to have open stuff to use. I just got a used Supercharger for 2600... the same reason :D

AX