IGNORED

Plastic casing for sale

Pixelboy

Hello people. :)

To make a long story short, I had a custom plastic casing done by Polycase a while ago, and I wanted to give it to Eduardo Mello as a gift, so that he may use it to create the prototype of a stand-alone ColecoVision clone. However, when I showed it to him last week-end, we quickly determined that the casing was way too small.

So I took it back home with me, and now I'm not sure what I can do with it. Is there someone out there who could use such a casing for their own hardware experiments? The casing is 7.5 inches wide by 5 inches long by 1.75 inches tall. You can see some pictures of it below. If you want more details about the measurements, go here.

I paid Polycase over 200$ for this thing, so I'm not ready to just give it away. I would consider parting with it for 60$US, at the very least. I also included a PDF file (see below) of the measurements of the PCB that can go inside this casing.

If you're interested in acquiring this casing, please PM me.

post-7743-125538167442_thumb.jpg

post-7743-125538168725_thumb.jpg

AG-85PCB.pdf

Wow. I had no idea their custom cutting cost so much. I was considering having them do something, but I doubt that will be an option now.

Yeah, cutting fees are very expensive for a single item. However, those fees stay relatively the same for cuts done on 10 examplaries of such casings, and the more units you order, the lower the cutting fees get (per casing). I just had the "misfortune" of sticking to only one.