IGNORED

Atari at T.G.I. Friday's

cvga

We went out to eat at Friday's this afternoon and noticed that they had attached an Atari on one of their walls along with some other items from the 70s and 80s. This Friday's had a Sears six-switch (with 3D Tic Tac Toe in the cartridge slot), a joystick and an atari track ball mounted on the wall. What an unexpected treat to go with lunch :)

We went out to eat at Friday's this afternoon and noticed that they had attached an Atari on one of their walls along with some other items from the 70s and 80s. This Friday's had a Sears six-switch (with 3D Tic Tac Toe in the cartridge slot), a joystick and an atari track ball mounted on the wall. What an unexpected treat to go with lunch :)

I was at a Friday's last week and noticed (for the first time) an Atari VCS (heavy sixer, no less, also with 3D tic tac toe) attached to the wall. I don't remember seeing it before (and therefore think this decoration is a new development at the chain), and the fact that you saw a Sears leads me to believe that whoever is responsible for this "nostalgic mounting" knows something about Atari...

That is sweet man. My 9yr old son saw me playing atari today and tried it with me and liked it. I bought him an Xbox360 for his first system so I was surprised. Would never been able to afford the 360 if a drunk driver didn't hit me head on at over 100 mph. I got a trailer and 10,000 dollars in video games to keep me content now that I'm disabled from the accident. Now I go to schools to teach young adolescents why you don't drink and drive. I sometimes feel like a looser for accepting a settlement as I was raised old school and believe in making a living. Hope no one cares that I went off subject but I only have 2 or 3 beers a year and I'm on my fourth one tonight. Girlfriend died a year ago today.

That's cool. You should go back sometime soon and snap a few pictures of it to share with the community.

I was at a Friday's last week and noticed (for the first time) an Atari VCS (heavy sixer, no less, also with 3D tic tac toe) attached to the wall. I don't remember seeing it before (and therefore think this decoration is a new development at the chain), and the fact that you saw a Sears leads me to believe that whoever is responsible for this "nostalgic mounting" knows something about Atari...

Aren't you in the Columbus area also? Is it possible we saw the same Atari?

That's cool. You should go back sometime soon and snap a few pictures of it to share with the community.

I'll pay for your meal just to see the pics.

One of the Chilis Restaurants here in Miami Gardens on the corner of University and Pines Boulevard has an Atari 5200 screwed into the wall w/ two controllers, forget the game though. The entire thing is shellacked to the board that it's on along with whatever chotchkies they have attached next to it, an Alfa Probe, some record, and some other crap...

Heh...

Wow, I actually had this idea for a restaurant a few months ago when I went into a restaurant with a lot of sports collectibles on the wall. I think Atari is actually perfect for restaurants. Why you may ask? Because most Atari games last about a few minutes max. Just enough time to keep the customers happy, but not long enough to keep customers waiting if there is a line.

Wow, I actually had this idea for a restaurant a few months ago when I went into a restaurant with a lot of sports collectibles on the wall. I think Atari is actually perfect for restaurants. Why you may ask? Because most Atari games last about a few minutes max. Just enough time to keep the customers happy, but not long enough to keep customers waiting if there is a line.

Great idea, but not new. We have two Chatterbox Pubs in the Twin Cities, both with retro gaming. http://www.chatterboxpub.net/reviews.html

I'll pay for your meal just to see the pics.

That's nice of you to offer but I'll share for free :) I did take a picture with my phone. It's not the best but will give you an idea of what the display looked like. Keeping in mind that this is a real atari will give you an idea of how much of the overall wall was covered!

FridayAtari.jpg

Aren't you in the Columbus area also? Is it possible we saw the same Atari?

Yup, could be. Friday's off Fishinger, Hilliard? If it was a Sears, I missed that.

That's the one! I didn't realize it was a Sears model until after we had our food.

Found the post. I thought that, since clicking on "My Posts" only turns up 30 or so, my earlier ones had disappeared with the move to the new server. Anyway, it's here. No photo, sadly.

Click!

Wow, I completely missed that thread (or forgot about it) the first time around. I didn't realize that people were spotting Atari's in Friday's since 2006. I wonder how long the one I saw has been on the wall. Evidently we don't eat at Friday's all that much :)