IGNORED

"Kolony 2106" premiere

I'm glad I can release next new Atari game called "Kolony 2106". There are two version, one is available as boxed for collectors in price of 15 euro (20 US dollars), the second is set of files for free.

Kolony_2106_(p1).png

1. The collectors pack includes: very original box, manual in English, Polish and Czech language, three 5,25 180KB discs with English, Polish and Czech language version (alternatively you can order multilanugage one-disc version 360KB with all three languages on it), small gadget (photon emiter :D) and CD with game for emulator and some other extras for PC user (as MP3 music from game, including keyboard version of title music). The price is set to cover costs of production only. Limited quantity to 200 (no more will be selled or produced). Poeple who helped us with translation and production will get boxed game for free. Some pictures:

Kolony2106_3.jpg

Kolony2106_1.jpg

Kolony2106_2.jpg

You can order boxed version by sending email to Urborg (co-author of game): urborg@poczta.onet.pl

Please remember to choose version you prefere (3 SDDD discs or 1 DDDD disc). Urborg can also provide shipping price for your country. Europe - around 3,5 euro.

2. Free version you can download from AtariOnline.pl (ATR files and PDF manuals - different than printed one):

http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.phtml?ct=katalog&sub=K&tg=Kolony+2106#Kolony_2106

Edited by Kaz atarionline.pl
  • Like 3

I've just downloaded the game and had a quick look through over the last few minutes.

I need to build up my knowledge of the game, it is definitely a RTFM game.

From what I've seen so far, it looks very well presented and a massively worthy addition to the Atari 8 bit catalogue. Thank you for releasing such a game, and also for releasing it in several languages. I've seen so many games that look like they're really good but they're only in Polish and so I cannot appreciate them.... (though have to be very pleased at how many games are in English and sometimes German which I can also speak - sort of).

What does RTFM acronym stand for?

"read the fucking manual"

Yea, I know it, but thought is something else :)

Honestly, this is not necessary to read manual to enjoy game. Plug the joystick to Atari, follow screen options and messages and play, that's enough! You'll quickly learn rules about colony management... or you'll die ;)

Hi Kaz, I noticed that the English text in the video of the game is your early draft version before the edits were made. Were the edits to the text not included in the end?

Game looks great btw :)

Will find out, maybe I run the older version.

BTW: one free copy for you, thanks for help with translation! :)

Will find out, maybe I run the older version.

BTW: one free copy for you, thanks for help with translation! :)

:) Thanks, that's cool. Maybe you can post it to Zaxon, I'm going up to see him in a couple of weeks

Sounds like mini-party :)

PS. Moreover, we have free copy for Gauntman. Gauntman, do you hear me? :) Can we send your copy to Zaxon too?

I found a bug...

In the english version sometimes text from screens is not 'erased' when a window is closed. So when changing windows old text stays on the screen, which looks terrible.

This is not a bug, program should work that way. We decide to not erase old window when user open a new one but leave it and draw new window above it. Version where windows were erased each time worked a bit slower, and process of erasing the window was a bit annoying. We think that people are used to having many windows open on their PCs so drawing new windows over old ones is a better solution.

Edited by urborg

Hi, I like this game, but is it possible to get the 500 million?

I ask this because I am finding that I have to spend a long time selling stuff. So long that the palette-swapping screensaver kicks in and won't switch off until I leave the menu!

I put the emulator up to maximum (1800%) but it still takes a long time to sell off thousands of goods. Is there a key to speed up the buying and selling of lots of items?

Thanks.

Hi, I like this game, but is it possible to get the 500 million?

I ask this because I am finding that I have to spend a long time selling stuff. So long that the palette-swapping screensaver kicks in and won't switch off until I leave the menu!

I put the emulator up to maximum (1800%) but it still takes a long time to sell off thousands of goods. Is there a key to speed up the buying and selling of lots of items?

Thanks.

500 milions and even more is possible :) . There is of course simple way to make numbers skip faster. Pull joystick left or right to sell or buy goods, and when joystick is pulled press fire to speed it up. This feature is implemented in most of the game windows where there is need to set up some values. Btw same way it works when you are using keybord instead joystick to control the game. Just hold arrow key and then press Shift.

http://www.atarionline.pl/v01/index.phtml?ct=katalog&sub=K&tg=Kolony+2106#Kolony_2106

here you can download the game and manual as well

Some copies of Kolony 2106 limited collectors edition are still available to buy. You can order copy by sending an e-mail to me:

urborgCUT_THIS@CUT_THISpoczta.onet.pl (remember to remove "CUT_THIS")

more details here:

http://www.atarionline.pl/v01/index.phtml?subaction=showfull&id=1256653666&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&ct=nowinki

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to try this out, but something strange happens when I download it! My Mac (OS10.4.11) wants to append the .txt designation after the .atr and I cannot for the life of me prohibit this from happening! If I simply rename the file and chop off the .txt part - the game will not load. Can someone help me out here? Why does my Mac 'force' an .atr download to be a .txt file?

I'd like to try this out, but something strange happens when I download it! My Mac (OS10.4.11) wants to append the .txt designation after the .atr and I cannot for the life of me prohibit this from happening! If I simply rename the file and chop off the .txt part - the game will not load. Can someone help me out here? Why does my Mac 'force' an .atr download to be a .txt file?

I does that to me too. Try Ctrl+Click->Save Linked File As... then change the filename to something.atr. Then when it asks if you want to append .txt say no. Seems to work for me.

Edited by spookt

I does that to me too. Try Ctrl+Click->Save Linked File As... then change the filename to something.atr. Then when it asks if you want to append .txt say no. Seems to work for me.

Thanks for the tip. Simply hitting CTRL while trying to download it doesn't work for me, BUT... if I simply click on the link and load the entire thing into my browser and *then* go to 'save as', it gives me the option to append or not. Thanks, will have to give it a try later now!