IGNORED

Who is this seller with a Ladybug demo?

Tom-Lynx

I'd like to have this in my collection, even if it's a demo, but if the sales are sanctioned by the authors, or with approval to make this freeware, then I choose to live without it. I have a flashcard anyway... if a ROM is shared I can always try Ladybug that way.

I'd like to have this in my collection, even if it's a demo, but if the sales are sanctioned by the authors, or with approval to make this freeware, then I choose to live without it. I have a flashcard anyway... if a ROM is shared I can always try Ladybug that way.

Being a collector, I too would love to buy a copy. But in the last thread, Fadest made it clear it wasn't anywhere near completed, and does not endorse it. So I'm going to hold out until a more complete version springs forth.

Y'know, I really shouldn't be surprised that eBay hasn't permanently stopped this guy... but c'mon, not only is he selling A Bug's Lynx (presumably) without permission, he's selling the buggy, pre-release CES version of Raiden as the full game, not to mention selling a :ahoy: copy of Lemmings.

Again, I would like to hear from Fadest or Rygar. If they have a problem, they should file a formal complaint with eBay and see if eBay cares. (And if it is announced here that the authors are still not in favor of this release, I will make a point of reporting every auction I see of this kind.)

... good lord... I just tried to report the Raiden auction, and I got a "page not responding" error message. Oh yeah, eBay cares a lot about this sort of thing. Sheesh.

Cheers,

Smeg

Thats the reason wy i give my games before releasing only to a few persons for beta-tests.

My games are not available as binary to make money. With Lonxopoly i dosnt cover the cost of production - and i gave away some to people who helped me a lot.

I dont want see a copy of my game produced on a awful pcb for a highprice in ebay, thats the reason why there is no binary available.

The only one demo is bundled with flashcard, and definitly is not alowed to sell it on card.

So i go the way to produce it myself, and i do my best to give the community a full playable game with all around (box/manual/pcb ...)

I dont like the way of this guy making money with fans of the lynx.

Regards

Matthias

Like I said previously, this version has no real interest, apart showing what is possible to do during a 24h contest.

This is the same ROM than the one linked here :

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/142774-lynxa-bugs-lynx-the-game-of-the-ac2k9-coding-contest/

as I never gave anyone another version.

I still intend to come back later on this, when I will take time to do it.

Matashen : I understand your position, on my side, I like the idea of sharing with people and having feedback. I did this with nearly all small games of Yastuna 1 without any problems like this... I will probably continue to do so, but now, in non final releases, I will include a special warning message saying that it is only a demo, not intended to be sold (probably displayed only on real Lynx, like I display the warning message in ABL only on Handy)...

But if I ever plan to start working on a bigger game for Lynx, I will probably do like you...

Edited by Fadest

Eh, just get Lynxman's Lynx flash cart and try it that way. :)

That or Handy. It's certainly worth checking out.

It's one of the first games I played on my FlashCart. Neat little game. I hope they continue to work on it.

Cheers,

Smeg

Again, I would like to hear from Fadest or Rygar. If they have a problem, they should file a formal complaint with eBay and see if eBay cares. (And if it is announced here that the authors are still not in favor of this release, I will make a point of reporting every auction I see of this kind.)

EPay doesn't care. I have sent NUMEROUS complaints about this.

Weren't all of the Lynx games declared Freeware *(minus Telegames stuff... and of course homebrews?)

I actually don't see the issue with him offering a cheaper version of something that is not readily available. EOTB demo comes to mind. However, I think he needs to be VERY specific about what the item is. A demo is a demo... not a full game as he advertises (or used to at least).

Well, not only has the Lady Bug auction been pulled, looks like all of his Lynx auctions are gone.

Score one for the good guys, huh?

Wow... I should really start reading the full thread prior to posting. I'm surprised it was pulled! I've reported him multiple times and they just left it alone each time

I actually don't see the issue with him offering a cheaper version of something that is not readily available. EOTB demo comes to mind. However, I think he needs to be VERY specific about what the item is. A demo is a demo... not a full game as he advertises (or used to at least).

Well, not only has the Lady Bug auction been pulled, looks like all of his Lynx auctions are gone.

Score one for the good guys, huh?

Wow... I should really start reading the full thread prior to posting. I'm surprised it was pulled! I've reported him multiple times and they just left it alone each time

Perhaps this time, enough of us reported him for eBay to take notice.

I agree that most of what he's selling is fine, IMO. I only have a problem with Raiden, Lemmings and of course A Bug's Lynx/Ladybug. Everything else is being copied and sold by multiple vendors including B&C and Video 61. Still a grey area, but nothing I would have had a problem with.

Cheers,

Smeg