IGNORED

Does Dungeon work in a modded FB2?

Drewman21

Does Dungeon work in a moded FB2? All i have at the moment is a FB2 to play my games on and I would like to buy Dungeon. But i want to be sure that it works on a FB2. It would be nice in the store listings if a note could be made if the homebrews and/or reqular carts sold will work in a FB2.

Thanks for any help with this!

Andrew J

Edited by Drewman21

As far as I know, the main thing a modded FB2 can't do is play PCM sound. That means that my touch-tone dialer cartridge won't work with it, along with the very few games that use that audio mode. (I think Pitfall II is probably one of those.)

Also, Super Chip games and games with certain illegal opcodes won't work.

I don't have a FB2, so I can't give you a definitive answer. Anybody have one and a Dungeon cart?

The game does not use a SuperChip. To the best of my knowledge there is nothing about the code that would be considered out of the ordinary, but again without hardware to try it out on I can't guarantee anything. Hopefully somebody will be able to try it out and report back.

Some of the batari Basic kernels are incompatible with the FB2. I expect that Dungeon will not work.

These kernels use opcodes that the FB2 does not support. I decided to not support the FB2 when it was clear that doing so would require compromises that I didn't think were acceptable.