IGNORED

Pitfall perfect score

JeffVav

Hey all, I managed to make

: 114,000 in just under 20 minutes. (Did this on the real Atari 2600 back in, I think, 1983 or so, but never found the VHS of it... or the 5 hour VHS of 1,000,000 in Laserblast. And yet I complain that my kids spend too much time on the Wii...)

Hey all, I managed to make

: 114,000 in just under 20 minutes. (Did this on the real Atari 2600 back in, I think, 1983 or so, but never found the VHS of it... or the 5 hour VHS of 1,000,000 in Laserblast. And yet I complain that my kids spend too much time on the Wii...)

Excellent!!!!!!!!I'm impressed!I've had Pitfall since it came out when I was a youngster and I still can't get a perfect score,far from it!I however have had success tons of times getting the perfect score for Pitfall 2.The ColecoVision version is the one I like best for Pitfall 1 and 2,I prefer the CV controller for those 2 games!and get my best scores with the CV.But for maze games,forget it,the CV controller is just horrendous.

• 2 months later...

Great job! I have yet to come even close, but I have gotten very skilled at the first leg of Pitfall, where you go right before the first passage and then go left for a while.

I noticed on the second screen you stopped and then jumped over the first two logs, then stopped again and jumped over the second 2 logs.

it makes a difference if you just keep running, jump twice over each of the first 2 logs, pop in and out of the ladder all in one go (down them up on the stick real quick), and then jump over the next two. If you don't miss a beat, then...

Then the vine on the next screen will be timed perfectly and the first set of 3 crocs are closed and you can just hop hop hop over them. I don't remember if you can jump over the second rolling log screen in the same way, but if you can, you won't have to wait for vines and this can give you maybe an extra 10 seconds overall to play with.

-tara

Incredible. I tip my hat to you.

I have never been able to get a perfect score. I have finished the game probably more than a hundred times. I notice that you use the "exact" same pattern that I memorized back in the day.

On a side note. The Colecovision version (at least my copy) doesn't end when the last treasure is collected.

-Lee