IGNORED

Garfield

GideonsDad

I am not sure why this never got published (it seems complete) and it's pretty fun. I just picked it random to play and was pleasantly surprised by the game play, amount of screens, and the appearances of Odie and Myra (the gray cat - I think that's her name).

Just a recommendation.

GideonsDad

It is an extreme shame that this game was never completed. Like Tempest says on his site, this game was extremely ambitious and showed a lot of VCS flair given the amount of screens planned and the impressive graphics. It would be great to see this one finished, ah well...

The "hamburger screen" is a gimme, you don't have to face the direction of the hamburger, maybe if completed that would have been changed.

GideonsDad

You could just let Garfield stand on this screen and just rack up points (boring, I know) - so it's certainly not finished.

GideonsDad

post-23697-125900372354_thumb.jpg

I just looked through the binary, there is over 9K of free space. Plenty of room for more screens :)

Edit: I don't know if many of you are interested in this, but if you split the ROM in half, you can play the upper 8K (and it works just like the 16k version with no modification)!

Garfield(8K).zip

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

I just looked through the binary, there is over 9K of free space. Plenty of room for more screens :)

Edit: I don't know if many of you are interested in this, but if you split the ROM in half, you can play the upper 8K (and it works just like the 16k version with no modification)!

Now that is interesting! Try setting a breakpoint to see if the other banks are called. :) I've never looked at the rom myself. Not much time.

Better attach the text file.

This ROM may not be spread without it.

8)

I can't edit my post.

Then let Albert attach it for you, otherwise he will get in trouble.

Trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

8)

I have no idea what you are talking about. What text file? Do you mean an assembly file?

I thought Wickey couldn't edit his post because there is a time limit for editing.

Here it is:

Distributed at http://www.cgexpo.com 12/15/99

Garfield & Paws, Inc. - http://www.garfield.com

-------------------------------------------------

GARFIELD Characters: © Paws, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used by permission.

Permission is granted to distribute the ROM code for the Atari 2600 game, Garfield,

provided that the copyright statement in this text file is included with the code.

The end user is granted permission to use the ROM code with an emulator on their

PC, or to make a single cartridge for use with their Atari 2600 system, if they

have that capability.

Permission is NOT granted for any individual to manufacture cartridge versions of

the ROM code for another end user under any circumstances.

Paws, Inc. reserves the right to revoke this permission upon written notice at

any time in the future.

Better attach the text file.

This ROM may not be spread without it.

8)

I can't edit my post.

Then let Albert attach it for you, otherwise he will get in trouble.

Trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

8)

Nobody said you didn't.

Edit: By the way... I don't see it included in ROM's collection either ;)

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Glad you liked my half done Garfield game :)

I was totally bummed that Atari got bought and they informed me after they were sold, that they didn't want to do anymore 2600 games!

Cheers,

Steve

Greetings Program! Nice to see you popping in to say hello world.

How would you feel if someone completed the game or would you be interested in completing it now? I'm sure lots of people would be interested in seeing your vision finished.

Hi,

Glad you liked my half done Garfield game :)

I was totally bummed that Atari got bought and they informed me after they were sold, that they didn't want to do anymore 2600 games!

Cheers,

Steve

I'd be bummed too. It's a pretty good looking game Steve!! Atari made strange decisions sometimes. They should have let you finish it.

• Like 1