IGNORED

Sega/Atari joystick adapter for the Wii

cimerians

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/genesis_to_wii/index.php?category=Adapters

That guy's adapter which I think is a Stella adapter modded with a Gamecube cord, works pretty good for Atari/Sega and C64 games on the Wii.

I bought one and its so much better playing Homebrew (that supports Gamecube controllers) and VC games like NES Donkey Kong, C64 California Games, ARCADE Mappy etc.

I thought I'd post this here as this makes playing older games that much more authentic (including Genesis/SMS goodness)

:D

• Like 1

Does this work with the six-button controller?

Well do you mean the Sega Genesis controller? (6 in front) Yes it does.

If you plug in an Atari controller the red fire button maps to the A button on the Gamecube\Wii controller.

If you click on the link you can see the table which shows the button mappings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ninja Warrior or anyone else,

Does that 4 in 1 sega adapter work well with the Atari Joystick on Wii/GC (I know the plug is the same, I didn't know if the pins line up.)

I'm running Atari homebrew emulator on the Wii as my old console is unplayable on my HDTV, and my Flashback 2's single video output doesn't look nearly as good as the Wii's composite.

I'm deciding between the atari/GC adapter from above or the 4 in 1. I hoping the 4 in 1 will give me more bang for the buck.

The opinions of anybody who has reviewed either of these item would be great appreciated!

Thanks

I'm using Razored's Wii2600 emu and its images on my HDTV blows the doors off my Flashback 2.0, so I'd much rather keep on playing with the emu.

I wanted to know if this adapter (really for the Sega) will work for the Flashback 2.0's joystick and Razored's Wii2600 emu before I plunk out the cash...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3901535024521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=390153502452&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I noticed someone else here using it, but for the Sega. I didn't know if the Atari's fire button assignment matches with the correct button on the Sega.

Anybody know for sure?

Thanks!

Yeah I saw that and the other Legacy Engineer classic black USB joystick. I'm just trying to figure out ultimately what I want to do, and where to place everything (since I'm the only one in my family who plays classic Atari. My kids have zero interest, and my wife only plays "River Raid" on the Flashback 2.0 because of the joystick.)

I also have a Star Wars Plug 'n Play, Activision's 10 'n 1, Intellivsion's 25 'n 1, the Flashback 2.0, the Wii, and a PS2. I also have the PS2 Anthology games for Atari, Activision & Intellision, but once those emulators became availble for the Wii, I started playing those and my kid took the PS2 to his bedroom.

Since we got a 42" HDTV in the living room, only the Wii2600 emulator looks really good. All the other Plug 'n Plays look burry & overstaturated in comparison, for obvious technical reasons.

I have Stella on my computer in my "home office", but with no USB stick. I already have 3 joysticks (2 from Flashback, 1 original from 1981), so I've been hestitant to justify purchasing another. That's why I'm looking into adapters.

I'm just trying to figure out where to put all this.

Maybe I should just get that USB Legacy joystick for the computer, and pick up a cheap CRT TV from a flea market somewhere and put all the Plug N Plays in my office with Stella.

That would be a good new thread - where do we old school gamers keep all our stuff!

Got this device a few days ago. It's not what you'd call professionally made (there's a big hole where the GameCube cable leads out that should have been stopped up with epoxy) but it works and I suppose that's all that matters. It functions beautifully with Genesis games but in order to work properly with Super NES titles you'll need to reassign buttons in the options screen. Past that there's not much to say... you plug the adapter into your Wii and it recognizes your six button Genesis controller as a GameCube pad. It does what it was designed to do, and that's good enough.

Yeah I saw that and the other Legacy Engineer classic black USB joystick. I'm just trying to figure out ultimately what I want to do, and where to place everything (since I'm the only one in my family who plays classic Atari. My kids have zero interest, and my wife only plays "River Raid" on the Flashback 2.0 because of the joystick.)

I also have a Star Wars Plug 'n Play, Activision's 10 'n 1, Intellivsion's 25 'n 1, the Flashback 2.0, the Wii, and a PS2. I also have the PS2 Anthology games for Atari, Activision & Intellision, but once those emulators became availble for the Wii, I started playing those and my kid took the PS2 to his bedroom.

Since we got a 42" HDTV in the living room, only the Wii2600 emulator looks really good. All the other Plug 'n Plays look burry & overstaturated in comparison, for obvious technical reasons.

I have Stella on my computer in my "home office", but with no USB stick. I already have 3 joysticks (2 from Flashback, 1 original from 1981), so I've been hestitant to justify purchasing another. That's why I'm looking into adapters.

I'm just trying to figure out where to put all this.

Maybe I should just get that USB Legacy joystick for the computer, and pick up a cheap CRT TV from a flea market somewhere and put all the Plug N Plays in my office with Stella.

That would be a good new thread - where do we old school gamers keep all our stuff!

Or just get the retro fit for you FB2 Stick(s)

http://www.legacyengineer.com/storefront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=86

Oddly enough, my 7yr old just recently discovered my Flashback. He keeps wanting to play Outlaw, Human Cannonball, and Battlezone (all games where the on-screen character meets a violent death!) I may try to pick up cheap paddles at a flea market to play the hidden games.

Since the FB2 sticks are being used (for the time being), I wound up buying Legacy's classic black USB joystick as I figured I'd used that at home and smuggle it to work.

I was thinking of modding my other original 1980's era joystick into something clever. Online, I saw people turning their joysticks into USB hard drives or TV remotes. As sacrilage as it may sound, I'm leaning toward getting some other cheap non-working ones and making them into bookends and coat hangers for my home office! (My electrical engineering skills are serverly weak.)

I think Atari should resell the Atari Anthology disc for the Wii and include a reproduction 2600 Joystick as a bundle (like WiiPlay). The controller would attach to the Wiimote like the classic controller does. Then developers (and homebrewers) can make downloadable emulations and Wiiware games that work with the joystick.

Just a thought.

Edited by radiohead

I think Atari should resell the Atari Anthology disc for the Wii and include a reproduction 2600 Joystick as a bundle (like WiiPlay). The controller would attach to the Wiimote like the classic controller does. Then developers (and homebrewers) can make downloadable emulations and Wiiware games that work with the joystick.

Just a thought.

Hey, I'd buy it, after playing Mario, the Wii just sits in the corner stairing at me....like "you bastard" Playing Oblivion...damn, another 3 months of my life in the toilet. But something like that would make me sell a kidney and get it :D

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite atari, but I have this Playstation2 -> Wiimote adapter

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23206

It rocks and it is wireless. Gamecube controllers require wires.

-H

Oh man does it ever. I just got one of these a few days ago, and it's the perfect auxiliary controller for the Nintendo Wii. Geometry Wars plays like a dream with a Dual Shock pad, and for fighting games, you just switch to a joystick or the limited edition Saturn pad (if you're lucky enough to own one!). Raphnet's adapter isn't bad either, and it's the only one compatible with GameCube games, so they're both worth owning.

Not quite atari, but I have this Playstation2 -> Wiimote adapter

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23206

It rocks and it is wireless. Gamecube controllers require wires.

-H

Oh man does it ever. I just got one of these a few days ago, and it's the perfect auxiliary controller for the Nintendo Wii. Geometry Wars plays like a dream with a Dual Shock pad, and for fighting games, you just switch to a joystick or the limited edition Saturn pad (if you're lucky enough to own one!). Raphnet's adapter isn't bad either, and it's the only one compatible with GameCube games, so they're both worth owning.

Fantastic. I just bought two of these cables. :D

• 1 month later...