IGNORED

Atari Flashback 2 advertised in Kroger paper!

Wickeycolumbus

I just called 4 different stores, they were all out :sad: Wish I would have seen it earlier... They are $29.99 each, sale ends the 29th. Hopefully you guys will have better luck!

post-12776-12591062743_thumb.jpg

ive got a spare Flashback 2 in good shape if interested, its loose and one controller rattles,but it works great, $15 plus shipping to anybody who wants it! :cool: JAGUAR RULES!

Edited by BuddyBuddies

The local Kroger here had about 30 come in to go on sale on Thanksgiving at 6am. My grandmother had made noise about wanting one despite the fact that I've repeatedly offered her a bonafide system with whatever games she wanted. Well, I went ahead and got one off of Amazon for $30 shipped that morning and then left to have Thanksgiving dinner at said grandmother's house and she had a Flashback II hooked up to the television. So... now I have a spare Flashback II that I'll likely keep for myself seeing as the one I have now has had a cartridge port added to it.

• 1 year later...

Lafayette, IN stores (known as Payless locally) have a ton of them. I'm waiting for the price to keep dropping.

I would hope you wouldn't, if only for the fact that because they're pirate units with cheap components and knockoff chips inside they're being reported as buggy and malfunctioning:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/173494-original-flashback2-sighting-2499/page__view__findpost__p__2164627

• Like 1

Lafayette, IN stores (known as Payless locally) have a ton of them. I'm waiting for the price to keep dropping.

I would hope you wouldn't, if only for the fact that because they're pirate units with cheap components and knockoff chips inside they're being reported as buggy and malfunctioning:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/173494-original-flashback2-sighting-2499/page__view__findpost__p__2164627

Thanks for the info! I had no idea!!

Even though Marty already linked... I wouldn't recommend one of the Kroger systems. It simply didn't work right, at least 2/3 of the games were unplayable.

Even if you are the sort of person who doesn't care if Atari or Legacy Engineering get their money, it still isn't worth it. Even a pirated console should work.

That said, I am in the other group who thinks it stinks that I bought a pirated console. I returned the one I bought last week, not just because the console didn't work right. I could have kept it for the "new sticks" which worked fine, but the whole thing left a very bad taste in my mouth. My wife was pissed as well.

I am fairly certain that Kroger doesn't know they are selling bogus Flashbacks... but only time will tell...