IGNORED

F ever buying anything from Gamestop.com/EBGames.com

Rev. Rob

So, I'm on Google Shopping looking for a game that includes S.T.U.N. Runner. The only one that I know of is Midway Arcade Treasures 3.

I come across this, which is the lowest price:

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=38851

And then I read the description:

This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box.

That's some serious information that I pretty much need to know before I buy something, especially when I can pay just $3 more to get it new from Best Buy, which is guaranteed to come with both a case and instruction booklet.

Honestly, if that's the lowest price for used, I'd just pay the extra $3 to get it brand new anyway so you don't have to worry and so you have a return policy if there's something wrong with it. Especially if you can save on shipping on top of it (if your calculation didn't include shipping, the link isn't even working for me right now).

That's pretty bad, but not as bad as NewEgg's "Open Box Item" policies:

This is our Detailed Open Box Item Return Policy. Newegg often sells items that are listed as "open-box." The entire risk as to the quality and performance of these items is with the buyer. These items have been tested for functionality, but may have superficial physical defects including, but not limited to, scratches, dings or dents. Should these items exhibit a functional defect following their purchase, the buyer (not the manufacturer, distributor, or Newegg) assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repairs, unless otherwise required by law. These items are not covered by any 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

If you purchase an Open-Box product Newegg guarantees only that you will receive the product itself; accessories MAY OR MAY NOT BE INCLUDED with Open-Box products. Newegg will not send you a missing accessory, even if the missing accessory is required in order to properly make use of all the product’s advertised functions.

So basically, you have no idea what you would be getting. icon_ponder.gif

Dude, a friend of mine got L4D 2 for me for my birthday, bought it at the brick and mortar store. It was a "new" copy, as much as anything at GameStop is new, and the dumbass clerk didn't put the game into the case! When he gave it to me, I was like "Ummm, hey. Thanks for the sentiment, but there's no game...". He takes it back and they hassle him over it, saying he's just trying to get another copy of the game. He told them to check their inventory versus how many cases they had, and the manager refused. So, he gets ahold of the area manager, and FINALLY they make that fucking manager do his job and check inventory. Hey, guess what? Turns out there was one more game versus the cases than there should be.

In closing...FUCK GAMESTOP!

Dude, a friend of mine got L4D 2 for me for my birthday, bought it at the brick and mortar store. It was a "new" copy, as much as anything at GameStop is new, and the dumbass clerk didn't put the game into the case! When he gave it to me, I was like "Ummm, hey. Thanks for the sentiment, but there's no game...". He takes it back and they hassle him over it, saying he's just trying to get another copy of the game. He told them to check their inventory versus how many cases they had, and the manager refused. So, he gets ahold of the area manager, and FINALLY they make that fucking manager do his job and check inventory. Hey, guess what? Turns out there was one more game versus the cases than there should be.

In closing...FUCK GAMESTOP!

Gamestop screwed me over last year. I ordered 2 copies of Gears2 collectors ed. Well I moved from my old apt. to a new house and they never sent it to my new address I kept checking my old apt to see if it made its way there never did. Got charged for it and recieved 1 copy. I bitched but they said that the package was shipped out and confirmed. I have had issues with them before with pre-orders online store to door and they claimed they shipped to arrive on date and didn't get it till next day. I work nights so I'm home all day to hear the door when a signed package is delived so....be careful. I usually try to hit my local mom and pop video game store they get stuff in that day where as the big retail stores sometimes don't get enough or sell out too fast unless its a huge game.

Hate to say it, but this is old news. I've occasionally gone looking for a frame of reference on what to pay/sell an item for and that disclaimer on their used stuff has been there for years. What frightens me more as of late is all the generic cases I see for the previous gen systems (XBox, PS2, Gamecube). What gets me is they don't differentiate price in relation to what they're selling. Just continue to not give them money and maybe the folks at corporate will get a clue.

HA! corporate... clue... I kill me.

Hex.

[ Tends to use Gamestop as a place to make a 'shopping list' of games I'll buy new on Amazon for less. I'm a smartie EvERy day... :D ]

Eh, this is why I buy far less from ebgames/gamestop nowadays. If I'm buying for myself I always ask them if they have a factory sealed copy of the game. If they don't, I go elsewhere. Sure, they can be resealing the package BUT if I ask for a FACTORY SEALED game and they just resealed it in the back - and forgot to put the disc in with it, I'll be giving the game company itself a massively nasty call. I will ALSO go to the ebgames and give THEM a massively nasty talking to. If all goes well, I'll end up having the game companies put pressure onto ebgames/gamestop to stop damaging the goods - or to prevent them from passing off their resealed games as factory sealed.

Still, most of the time I avoid them entirely and get sealed copies elsewhere. Most of what I'll buy from them tend to be the bargain bin second hand games that look to be in good condition. (And are actually priced as second-hand instead of 5 dollars off retail.)

So, I'm on Google Shopping looking for a game that includes S.T.U.N. Runner. The only one that I know of is Midway Arcade Treasures 3.

I come across this, which is the lowest price:

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=38851

And then I read the description:

This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box.

That's some serious information that I pretty much need to know before I buy something, especially when I can pay just $3 more to get it new from Best Buy, which is guaranteed to come with both a case and instruction booklet.

Yeah, try living in Hawaii and buying games at Gamestop. That place totally sucks here. They like to add $3.00 to the MSRP of everything because it "costs more to ship it here". So a new game that is MSRP $49.99 everywhere else in the world is marked at $52.99 here, BEFORE sales tax.

Funny how all the games at the local Target are the regular MSRP though. Gee, I wonder how Target can do it if Gamestop can't?

I HATE Gamestop.

AdeptRapier

Oh, I love when I tell GameStop employees that I'd rather pay $3 more and get the game new. Their response is always "Well, you could add our extended warranty and protect your game for a year..."

Right. So, $49 for a new, factory-sealed game at Best Buy, or $47 for a God-knows-what game from GameStop, with their 12-month guarantee? Are you kidding me? And why am I going to trust the warranty of a company that can't even promise their "new" games are actually new?

Yeah, try living in Hawaii and buying games at Gamestop. That place totally sucks here. They like to add $3.00 to the MSRP of everything because it "costs more to ship it here". So a new game that is MSRP $49.99 everywhere else in the world is marked at $52.99 here, BEFORE sales tax.

Funny how all the games at the local Target are the regular MSRP though. Gee, I wonder how Target can do it if Gamestop can't?

Oh, dude, that adds a whole new definition to the term "assraping". What amazes me about Gamestop, more than anything else, is the fact that they continue to practice their business as if they had no competition. You'd swear they were a front for something...

Confession: I did pre-order Star Trek Online at Gamestop. Having a Constitution-class ship as a bonus was worth it... but man, it hurt. :|

when i visit gamestop(not that often anymore) i mainly look at used games.they generally have good prices on some ps2 and cube games.

but i refuse to get a game with no manula and when i get the games at at the counter i check to see if they are scratched and if they are i tell them to exchange....oh they hate me for sure!!!

if i ever buy a new game there and they try to pawn off a opened "new" game i just turn around and walk out....they love that one!!!!

any way.....fuck gamestop!!!!!!!!

Oh, I love when I tell GameStop employees that I'd rather pay $3 more and get the game new. Their response is always "Well, you could add our extended warranty and protect your game for a year..."

Right. So, $49 for a new, factory-sealed game at Best Buy, or $47 for a God-knows-what game from GameStop, with their 12-month guarantee? Are you kidding me? And why am I going to trust the warranty of a company that can't even promise their "new" games are actually new?

How about $15 less to buy it used at Game X Change or Vintage Stock? Then you get to listen to them sing about how much Game X Change or Vintage Stock sucks. I've really had them flat out tell me that, "Yeah, Game X Change sucks!!"

Where I come from, making negative remarks about your competition is bad business.

How about $15 less to buy it used at Game X Change or Vintage Stock? Then you get to listen to them sing about how much Game X Change or Vintage Stock sucks. I've really had them flat out tell me that, "Yeah, Game X Change sucks!!"

Where I come from, making negative remarks about your competition is bad business.

This is one awesome thing about living in Oklahoma City... Not one, but TWO used game store chains providing alternatives to GameStop. Game X Change has their awesome prices and good selection, Vintage Stock has their awesome selection and... well, sensible prices. Either of which mops the floor with GameStop any day!

I can't imagine that GS let their employees say the competition "sucked". Well, that's not true... I can imagine them doing that, I just can't imagine any other company doing that.

I agree.

Unless GameStop has some kind of deal that beats everyone else (which is very rare) why EVER go there?

I would rather deal with the clueless hot girl behind the register at BestBuy or Target than get the rolly eyed video game geek fanboy teenager at GameStop.

Hell, Toys R Us is a better option than GameStop. Or even Walmart. GameStop has become irrelevant and I don't know the point of it at all.

Only the dumbest of the dumb would 'trade in' games at GameStop when you could triple the price they are offering you, credit only, for cash on Ebay. Same for buying used games. You can do much better on Ebay buying used games. So I don't understand why GameStop even exists at this point.

With GameFly, Ebay, BestBuy, Target, Walmart, ToysRUs, CTCW, etc. etc. etc., why would anyone go to an obvious joke or a ripoff like GameStop where pimple faced ultra nerd fanboy teens make you feel like a moron for not "pre-ordering" a game when there are 350 copies behind him.

Me: "Can I get Halo Gears of War Solid 7"

GameStop: "Did you pre order it"

Me: "No."

GameStop: (rolling eyes) "You should really pre order it."

Me: "Why? Aren't there like 50 copies behind you? BestBuy has like 1,000 copies. So does Target, Toys R Us..."

GameStop: (annoyed) "We have extra copies, but you are lucky."

This is one awesome thing about living in Oklahoma City... Not one, but TWO used game store chains providing alternatives to GameStop. Game X Change has their awesome prices and good selection, Vintage Stock has their awesome selection and... well, sensible prices. Either of which mops the floor with GameStop any day!

I can't imagine that GS let their employees say the competition "sucked". Well, that's not true... I can imagine them doing that, I just can't imagine any other company doing that.

We both forgot Play 'n' Trade, so make that three. :thumbsup: Or perhaps Edmond doesn't count as part of OKC? :P

Locutus of Borg: Edmond is irrelevant.

Locutus of Borg: Gamestop is irrelevant. You will be assimilated. :borg:

We both forgot Play 'n' Trade, so make that three. :thumbsup: Or perhaps Edmond doesn't count as part of OKC? :P

Locutus of Borg: Edmond is irrelevant.

Locutus of Borg: Gamestop is irrelevant. You will be assimilated. :borg:

I'll have to check them out. After four years in OKC, I've been to Edmond... maybe once.

Oh, dude, I TOTALLY hear that. The new Vintage that went in at the Highway 75 shopping center? Right down 71st street and over the bridge? I shop at the center all the time. There's a GS there, too (right next to a Smash Burger...and they have the EXACT same logo, which is kind of weird). So, the guys in there rip on Vintage and GXC all the time (and I'm friends with the owner and most of the guys at GXC, and have known the owner and most of the guys at Vintage for years, too). So, I go into GS and listen to this fat bald asshat telling a bunch of customers (moms and dads, you know, the gullible kind) to never shop there. Well, they were looking around, and I told them very discreetly that Vintage sells almost everything that GS does at a much better price. They go over there and buy all their stuff instead. I'm still pissed, though. So, I go to Vintage and buy a game (MK Deception I believe...), in the original case, instructions, a PRISTINE disc for like 7 bucks. Go back to GS, their copy is 14.99, no booklet, and one of their ugly cases, and probably scratched to hell to boot. I proceed to tell the guy that, and that if I hear him talking shit like that again, I'm calling their area manager to complain. Not that it would do any good.

Assholes.

Man, what is going on with these Gamestops? I work at an EB Games and its completely different. There's a store near us that used to be called Microplay (they got bought up by some other company, but I don't know which) and we refer people there constantly for system repairs and older gen stuff and we get customers from them for new releases they don't get as many of. In the case of the gutted new copies, I offer it to people; if they don't want it fine (please don't make a fuss about it, it's not our decision.. I certainly don't like it). Same goes with PS2/Game Cube games sans case, although we're trying to cut down on that and we shouldn't be taking them in really, the fine print on alot of flyers says games must have booklet and case.

There are a very times that you can catch insane bargains at Game Stop, though. When they go to penny out stock, that's the time to go. They also got a run of brand new UMD movies a few months back. They're probably not worth a plug nickel, but as I collect UMD movies, I purchased a bunch. They cost 5 bucks each just like DVDs at the time.

Still I'd rather have both hands super glued on a pro line joystick than to shop at Game Stop.