IGNORED

FC 16 Go - Portable SNES

I think if I buy this from anyone, it will be from Stone Age. I mean.. he's a great guy #1. I've dealt with him before #2, and it's his thread #3. Why would I buy a device from some dude who just shows up instead?

I'll stick with supporting him. He's proven he's worth dealing with, even if I have to pay a little more.

I think if I buy this from anyone, it will be from Stone Age. I mean.. he's a great guy #1. I've dealt with him before #2, and it's his thread #3. Why would I buy a device from some dude who just shows up instead?

I'll stick with supporting him. He's proven he's worth dealing with, even if I have to pay a little more.

Thank you for your support. :thumbsup:

We sent a unit to ReviewTechUSA to get reviewed. You check it out on our YouTube channels here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGEQk45x1pw

I suggest watching until the end. It could save you some $$$.

...We are based out of California, and ship from there and other warehouses through-out the US. Are you in the CA area, if you are then your more than welcome to stop by for a game or 3. I know alot of the classic gurus that wade through the depths of this forum and they all know who I am.
I visit the bay area a couple of times a year...bits and pieces of retrogear somehow attach themselves to me like barnacles and follow me home. :)

Like Daytona, I would tend to buy this from Stone Age for similar reasons. However, I lost my impulse to buy it (for the time being).

...We are based out of California, and ship from there and other warehouses through-out the US. Are you in the CA area, if you are then your more than welcome to stop by for a game or 3. I know alot of the classic gurus that wade through the depths of this forum and they all know who I am.
I visit the bay area a couple of times a year...bits and pieces of retrogear somehow attach themselves to me like barnacles and follow me home. :)

Like Daytona, I would tend to buy this from Stone Age for similar reasons. However, I lost my impulse to buy it (for the time being).

No biggie however I run special discounts for my viewers as well as immediate shipping. The units are shipped the same day they are landed here at the ports. So you will always get fast and discounted service, not to mention helping support a great team of hardworking reviewers.

I also work directly with all the major manufacuters so if you have suggestions then aim them towards me and I will try to make the requests happen.

No biggie however I run special discounts for my viewers as well as immediate shipping. The units are shipped the same day they are landed here at the ports. So you will always get fast and discounted service, not to mention helping support a great team of hardworking reviewers.

I also work directly with all the major manufacuters so if you have suggestions then aim them towards me and I will try to make the requests happen.

You seem to not understand the whole "posting on someone's thread about HIS sales and hijacking it by trying to say you'll offer it cheaper" is kind of a dick move, and isn't helping your reputation much. Besides, with the video discount and the 10% off he often has, I don't really see a great end-all reason to jump ship.

If you want to talk about your products and sales, hey.. that's great. But be considerate and do it in your own thread.

PS: It's manufacturers, not manufacuters

• Like 1

Sooo, after doing a little digging on this beast, it seems that the actual emulation is better on the portable SNES than the two new Genesis portables (which basically are identical - they both suck). So here is what I don't understand, the SNES takes more cpu horsepower to cleanly emulate than it does the Genny. So how do TWO companies screw up emulating a genesis with all kinds of non compatible carts, horrible slowdown, horrible sound emulation, bad design etc, and another company get the SNES right? I just don't understand it. And to think that Sega slapped their name on one of those products as some type of endorsement. AAARRRGGGHHHH! Just makes me friggin crazy! Thanks for letting me vent!

Sooo, after doing a little digging on this beast, it seems that the actual emulation is better on the portable SNES than the two new Genesis portables (which basically are identical - they both suck). So here is what I don't understand, the SNES takes more cpu horsepower to cleanly emulate than it does the Genny. So how do TWO companies screw up emulating a genesis with all kinds of non compatible carts, horrible slowdown, horrible sound emulation, bad design etc, and another company get the SNES right? I just don't understand it. And to think that Sega slapped their name on one of those products as some type of endorsement. AAARRRGGGHHHH! Just makes me friggin crazy! Thanks for letting me vent!

Must be all that "blast processing" ;)

Here's the scoop. The president of AtGames used to be on the board at Sega so he has a lot of connections over there. This is why AtGames gets all this official Sega stuff, even though IMO they are the worst of the companies making clones. AtGames makes both the GenMobile and RetroGen.

The reason the GenMobile and RetroGen have a worse emulation than the GEN-X and GN Twin (which I believe are almost 99% compatible) is because instead of using hardware to emulate (specifically the TecyToy chip) it uses a 32-bit processor that runs software emulation. As we all know software emulation is normally worse than using hardware.

I too talk with the manufacturers a lot :P and some of them trust me enough to give me some dirt. I know even more, but it would end up giving the company's name who told me so I can't. It would have been nice if someone made a portable Genesis with some better hardware.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

Must be all that "blast processing" ;)

Haaaa! Better believe it... I'll never forget when Sega used to use that as their Sega Genny ad campaign WAYYYY back in the day. "Our system is better than Nintendo's because our processor's are capable of blast processing"... Friggin priceless! I just loved the 16bit wars! Ahh the good ole days!

Here's the scoop. The president of AtGames used to be on the board at Sega so he has a lot of connections over there. This is why AtGames gets all this official Sega stuff, even though IMO they are the worst of the companies making clones. AtGames makes both the GenMobile and RetroGen.

The reason the GenMobile and RetroGen have a worse emulation than the GEN-X and GN Twin (which I believe are almost 99% compatible) is because instead of using hardware to emulate (specifically the TecyToy chip) it uses a 32-bit processor that runs software emulation. As we all know software emulation is normally worse than using hardware.

I too talk with the manufacturers a lot :P and some of them trust me enough to give me some dirt. I know even more, but it would end up giving the company's name who told me so I can't. It would have been nice if someone made a portable Genesis with some better hardware.

Well actually I work directly with the manufacturers and the word on the street is that they are well aware of the problems that the Geniclones (AtGames) are having and that they are working adamantly to fix them. In fact they are even willing so far as to exchange the existing units out there with the newer ones that will get released so as to appease all that were not entirely satisfied with their purchase. So honestly that doesn't sound like a bad deal to me now does it now stone?

Edited by OldSKoolFool

The day that happens will be the day you take down my picture off your site. So...never right?

I know you're a fly-by-night operation, but how about having some respect for real retailers who actually make a living of this stuff and not spout of ridiculous rumors like that.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer
  • Like 1

Well actually I work directly with the manufacturers and the word on the street is that they are well aware of the problems that the Geniclones (AtGames) are having and that they are working adamantly to fix them. In fact they are even willing so far as to exchange the existing units out there with the newer ones that will get released so as to appease all that were not entirely satisfied with their purchase. So honestly that doesn't sound like a bad deal to me now does it now stone?

I'll believe it when I see it. AtGames is probably the most stubborn clone manufacturer around. People have been complaining since the FireCore was released in Asia as the AtGames MegaDrive and Europe as the Blaze MegaDrive ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO and what has AtGames done? Aside from compatibility fixes, absolutely nothing. What's the point of fixing compatibility if your emulator's a piece of shit to begin with? Where's the logic in that? THERE IS NONE! What would it have taken for AtGames to pick up the hardware TecToy uses in Brazil, like the TecToy-580G found in Yobo's GN Twin and Innex's Gen-X, and put that in their systems instead of some stupid ARM processor running a software-based emulator that doesn't even work properly? Yobo knows that; they use reverse-engineered hardware in their clones, not emulation bullshit, although their NES hardware is hit-or-miss, some of their clones have very good NOACs(FC Twin, 2nd-generation FC Game Console), while others use crap NOACs with sound imperfections(GN Twin, FC3 Plus) that exist since Famiclones first started being developed, i.e. when Famiclones were using full motherboards rather than NOACs. While I can stand a few sound imperfections, something that sounds as awful as AtGames' hardware is something I just can't listen to.

I talked to Hyperkin and Innex today. Hyperkin wasn't very happy to hear about someone saying this and Innex said it was not true at all. I know we all knew it was BS, but I wanted to make sure no one was thinking it was true. To return all those GenMobiles and RetroGens would be complete mayhem.

It would have been nice if AtGames actually utilized the USB ports for more than power to at least allow new firmware downloads for the emulator.

Of course just using the tried and true TecToy chip should have been how it was to begin with.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

So, STONE AGE GAMER (please read the name I'm addressing), I just want to confirm, there is no way for this portable to read SFC games other than drilling out the individual carts (which I wont do)?

If I can drill out something in the system, I won't mind doing that at all. In fact I'd order a unit right now if I can, as it would give me more chance to play more of my hundreds of carts I haven't yet gotten to play yet. As you probably know, I ditched my SNES collection ages ago and have been solely collecting for the SFC for my 16 bit fix.

Thanks bud.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

So, PERSON WHO IS NOT A SHADY THREAD-HIJACKING DILLHOLE THAT SHOULD SIMPLY SHUT HIS MOUTH AND GO AWAY

Fixed that for you. I'm on the fence about this, but if I were to buy it from anyone, I would buy it from StoneAgeGamer, for no other reason than he actually has business ethics and doesn't spam everywhere with sales links stealing images from other websites.

• Like 1

So, PERSON WHO IS NOT A SHADY THREAD-HIJACKING DILLHOLE THAT SHOULD SIMPLY SHUT HIS MOUTH AND GO AWAY

Fixed that for you. I'm on the fence about this, but if I were to buy it from anyone, I would buy it from StoneAgeGamer, for no other reason than he actually has business ethics and doesn't spam everywhere with sales links stealing images from other websites.

Plus his avatar is cool and I like him.

Daytona - an adaptor is a no-go for you? Couldn't you permanently attach a Honey Bee or something? Carts would stick out, but maybe an inch or two more only

Daytona I have attached pictures of the tabs. They are unfortunately molded into the bottom piece of plastic. They would need to be ground off with a dremil very carefully.

post-22510-126151728243_thumb.jpg

post-22510-126151728746_thumb.jpg

post-22510-126151729522_thumb.jpg

Exactly what I wanted to hear. That's very easy to do. If I can make a movie accurate stormtrooper and a rally car, I think shaving off two tabs is within reach. Oh my God, I'm seriously giddy at the thought of being able to play my games on the go. I might actually get to the half way point in my collection by 2024 now! haha. Thanks buddy. You went well beyond to deliver. This is why you get my business. I'll order it in just a bit.

I knew I wrote that wrong. Good save. Thanks bud.

@ Figgler:

If I can do the tabs, I'll do that instead. Having it only stick out a bit doesn't sound bad, until you realize that it's already sticking out for most of the length of the cartridge, ya know?

I'm on the fence about this, but if I were to buy it from anyone, I would buy it from StoneAgeGamer, for no other reason than he actually has business ethics and doesn't spam everywhere with sales links stealing images from other websites.

This is the main reason that I ordered mine from "Stone Age Gamer." My system is on its way and will probably arrive tomorrow.

Hey guys,

Just got mine last night and have been playing a little today.

Just some quick thoughts that I'll add to as I get some more play time

- I am pretty sure Reset is not really reset. Looking at the manual I beleive this is to reset the display if you are having LCD problems

- screen is pretty good

- I feel like a giant playing an old DS ;)

- Not comfortable at all. I don't understand the thinking behind the form design really. I mean the controllers have proper D pads, but the system doesn't. L and R buttons kinda suck as they are really small

- Sounds seems a tiny bit off, but that could be just because it's mono and because of where the speaker is

- overall I just dig having a portable SNES, though I can see a few improvements to be made next time around. Travelling to Ottawa by train this Christmas, so playing King of Dragons and Lost Vikings on the trip is going to kick major ass, even if it cramps my hands to hell doing it

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: /5 from me so far