IGNORED

My Gameboy Evolution table

FeistyGirl

Here is a pic of the current state of the table. Finally got the glass top!

Table.jpg

The flash doesn't show it, but the table is a very deep black.

I still have a way to go, but overall I like how well everything looks under the glass.

Here is a list of what I plan on changing:

- Adding small gold plaques under each system with the name and year the system was released.

- Changing around some of the games and grouping them by series (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, Megaman, Kirby, G&W Collections, and Shantae in the middle)

- Tightening location of some of the systems. The SP and SP Mark II are close together and low because there is a mirror and candle on top of the glass in the center for now, but I will spread them out again once I get the plaques.

- I also wanted to put some accessories in (Camera, Printer, etc) but there wasn't enough depth under the glass to do it. Some of those accessories are pretty thick!

Took me awhile to get all the mint systems together. Every system in it was purchased mint in box unopened, and that wasn't cheap for the older systems :P But if they were going to be displayed I wanted them to be pristine!

Anyone have any suggestions or comments? Would love to really make this a special table!

Here is a pic of the current state of the table. Finally got the glass top!

Table.jpg

The flash doesn't show it, but the table is a very deep black.

I still have a way to go, but overall I like how well everything looks under the glass.

Here is a list of what I plan on changing:

- Adding small gold plaques under each system with the name and year the system was released.

- Changing around some of the games and grouping them by series (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, Megaman, Kirby, G&W Collections, and Shantae in the middle)

- Tightening location of some of the systems. The SP and SP Mark II are close together and low because there is a mirror and candle on top of the glass in the center for now, but I will spread them out again once I get the plaques.

- I also wanted to put some accessories in (Camera, Printer, etc) but there wasn't enough depth under the glass to do it. Some of those accessories are pretty thick!

Took me awhile to get all the mint systems together. Every system in it was purchased mint in box unopened, and that wasn't cheap for the older systems :P But if they were going to be displayed I wanted them to be pristine!

Anyone have any suggestions or comments? Would love to really make this a special table!

That is the most original coffee table that I have ever seen. If it were me I would not block stuff together. I like the semi-random look. Seeing that old G.B. brings back some memories.

Edited by ericwierson

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Crazy - Feel free to snag the idea!!! It's generated a few Ooos and Ahhhs already with friends coming over!

Rev - In a see-through Ottoman of course! :P

Revolutionika - I was considering doing the DS line as well, but Nintendo considers the DS a separate product line from the Gameboys so I kept it strictly to the Gameboy lineup!

• 2 months later...

The ds can go two ways. I dont hink i would include it in a gameboy collection. Just because it plays gameboy games(so does the Gamecube Gameboy Adaptor). Nintendo doesnt even call it a gameboy its just the Nintendo Ds. And since this is a game boy collection not a portable nintendo collection then i agree that it shouldnt be it there. Otherwise the Virtual Boy would hve to go in also :)

But I digress. Very Very nice set up. I may have to take the idea also. I dont think i have enough display cases yet

• 1 year later...