IGNORED

Calling all Gashog and Spectravision/video owners

nofrills100

ahhh that kills me!!! how am i ever going to complete my spectravision collection :sad:

I remember you mentioned the 2800 factor in another post. So aside from the Ad and the Nexar box - has there ever been any other SpectraV. 2800 boxes found?

You mean the Cross Force box.

I remember seeing another title as well.

Don't remember the title, though.

8)

The Tapeworm variant got the best of my curiosity so I went and looked at every single one Spectra gane I have. I've found that there are most likely 3 variants to each title.1: normal Spectravision with no fine print above logo2: Spectravision with international fine print above logo but colors normal3: Spectravideo may or may not have different colors(ex. Tapeworm does, Cross Force doesn't)
will have a look at mine alsook...so every single Spectravision/video cart I own (about 30) has the international fine print on the top (with the exception of Chase the Chuck Wagon). I thought one didn't - but it had worn away.Are you sure the green Tape Worm doesn't have a faint print on it?And I also discovered another Gas Hog SA217C - though this time it was a CIB Piraten Schiff - so unless it was substituted into the box for a missing one (and i doubt it because it was in mint condition concurring with spending its life in a box) - I am coming to the conclusion that it doesn't stand for 'Canada'.infact I was wondering if it has something to do with a Spectravision club... but I can't remember how I came to this conclusion :?: so i'll get back to that theory when it comes to me.

ahhh that kills me!!! how am i ever going to complete my spectravision collection :sad: I remember you mentioned the 2800 factor in another post. So aside from the Ad and the Nexar box - has there ever been any other SpectraV. 2800 boxes found?
You mean the Cross Force box.I remember seeing another title as well.Don't remember the title, though.8)

The other Spectravideo in pic was China Syndrome. I also have a Planet Patrol but label was not easily readable.

The green Tapeworm without fine print is a real variant as I have 2 of them. Also, all the variants have the same numbers. ie=SA 204

That really does make it tough if you want all versions, especially since you'd never see the fine print in most pics. Just when you think you've got 'em all... :roll:

Ah!! ok back to the club theory ;)

and it is a shakey theory but...

I was reading the blurb about Spectravision on this site - where it mentions "Three games were sold exclusively through the Columbia House Record Club - Bumper Bash, Gas Hog, and Mangia."

So Columbia House Record Club = 'C'

but then they would all have the 'C'.... so no.... not really viable eh!

anyway that's probably why I forgot the theory the first time 'round.

Do you think 'Glactic Tactic' was a typo and they meant 'Galactic Tactic'?

No, I don't think so.

Your Colombia House theory is not very likely.

I doubt that they made a special label and box print run just for that.

Here's the end label I mentioned above:

post-6203-126466543258_thumb.jpg

BTW: is your second SA217C cart PAL (green surface) or NTSC (purple surface)?

If it's NTSC, it does not belong to the Piraten Schiff box.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

Here's the end label I mentioned above:

post-6203-126466543258_thumb.jpg

8)

wierd end label - can you be sure that it is genuine? have more than one been seen before?

looking at it closely - it's quite conceivable that someone trimmed the 'Spectravision' off a front label - removed the imposing diagonal stripes with ethanol - and bingo 'unique' end label :cool:

i'll get to the green/purple surface - but it might take a bit 'til i get the opportunity to test it - i will get to it though.... and yes i am aware that ntsc does not belong to german release games

Edited by nofrills100

looking at it closely - it's quite conceivable that someone trimmed the 'Spectravision' off a front label - removed the imposing diagonal stripes with ethanol - and bingo 'unique' end label :cool:

Nope.

It's 100% original.

IMO the first run of Gangster Alley (the very first Spectravision title) came with these end labels.

The model number SA-201 is printed on both sides.

Another one for your collection, eh?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Nope.

It's 100% original.

IMO the first run of Gangster Alley (the very first Spectravision title) came with these end labels.

The model number SA-201 is printed on both sides.

Another one for your collection, eh?

8)

arrrggghhhh haha... yes another one!

I have the following, all NTSC:

Bumper Bash - Spectravideo - otherwise illegible

Challenge of Nexar - Spectravision - no C, small print over logo

China Syndrome - Spectravision - no C, small print over logo -

different colors than AtariAge scan (light purple, dark purple, blue, light blue)

Cross Force - Spectravision, no C, small print over logo

Gangster Alley - Spectravision - no C, no small print over logo

Gas Hog - Spectravideo - no C, small print over logo

Master Builder - Spectravideo - no C, small print over logo

Planet Patrol - Spectravideo - no C, small print over logo

Tapeworm - Spectravision - no C, no small print over logo, standard green label

• Like 1

different colors than AtariAge scan (light purple, dark purple, blue, light blue)

cool thanks for that.

In China Syndrome - is the order dark purple then light purple? ... then blue, and light blue

cool thanks for that.

In China Syndrome - is the order dark purple then light purple? ... then blue, and light blue

The purples are opposite of the normal order. It is light purple then dark purple, then blue then light blue. Here is a scan.

post-4610-12650818995_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the boxed Spectravideo Planet Patrol which arrived today. No color variations but the copyright year is different. Spectravision has 1982 while this has 1983. This would lead me to believe the Spectravideo versions were a re-release. :ponder: While they even have Spectravideo cast into the housings, Planet Patrol still has Spectravision on the startup screen. Still no suffix letters after number.

post-25215-126515485412_thumb.jpg

Here's the boxed Spectravideo Planet Patrol which arrived today. No color variations but the copyright year is different. Spectravision has 1982 while this has 1983. This would lead me to believe the Spectravideo versions were a re-release. :ponder: While they even have Spectravideo cast into the housings, Planet Patrol still has Spectravision on the startup screen. Still no suffix letters after number.

That cart is IDENTICAL to the one I got in the mail today! What are the odds? Mine was loose though, also no "C"

That cart is IDENTICAL to the one I got in the mail today! What are the odds? Mine was loose though, also no "C"

Hmm, could this be cloning? :ponder:

So far that makes Tapeworm the only one with a color variant on the S.video release. :)

Hmm, could this be cloning? :ponder:

So far that makes Tapeworm the only one with a color variant on the S.video release. :)

And China Syndrome.