Any other games with Construction Sets :?:

Here's what I have:

Dandy

Boulderdash

Mr Robot

Rally Speedway

Polar Pierre

Lode Runner

Pole Position (still needs patching to run on machines with more than 64K i.e. my 130XE :| )

Brik Bat

Mario's Desert World

The Wall

Electro Maniac

:)

Here's what I have:

Dandy

Boulderdash

Mr Robot

Rally Speedway

Polar Pierre

Lode Runner

Pole Position (still needs patching to run on machines with more than 64K i.e. my 130XE :| )

Brik Bat

Mario's Desert World

The Wall

Electro Maniac

Slingshot - http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-slingshot_4724.html

Good game too :)

Yeah, I was going to mention that as well as Adventure, Shoot 'Em Up and Music Construction Set, but I think he's talking about discrete (non construction set) games...

Indeed, it would have been less ambiguous if he'd titled the thread "Games with level editors".

I meant any 'arcade' games, I forgot about PCS etc (which I have), but worth listing them here too. Was that one called Adventure Creator or Writer by Spinnaker Software, rings a bell somewhere from the distant past, wasn't there a Racing Destruction Set too? Will check out Slingshot, thanks jdh :thumbsup:

Here's what I have:

Dandy

Boulderdash

Mr Robot

Rally Speedway

Polar Pierre

Lode Runner

Brik Bat

Mario's Desert World

The Wall

Electro Maniac

Was Jaw Breaker Construction Set an official kit or was it fan-based?

I meant any 'arcade' games, I forgot about PCS etc (which I have), but worth listing them here too. Was that one called Adventure Creator or Writer by Spinnaker Software, rings a bell somewhere from the distant past, wasn't there a Racing Destruction Set too? Will check out Slingshot, thanks jdh :thumbsup:

Yes, there is a Racing Destruction Set. There also was an unofficial track editor for Pole Position.

Adventure Creator was by Spinnaker and there was also Adventure Master by CBS. Someone earlier mention EA's Adventure Construction set, but this was never released for that Atari 8-bit.

Dan

"Robbo" from LK Avalon has construction set titled "Robbo Konstruktor". Moreover, we got free PC version "Robbo Kreator".

Several games from KE Soft have level editors. Most of them are seperate, but the games can run the levels created with them without beeing patched.

Here is Kemal´s atari website: KE Soft

For those interested, attached my tape-2-disk conversion that also loads and saves the mazes to/from disk instead of tape. Other disk versions I saw still load/save the mazes from tape.

Robert

Molecule Man + Maze Editor.zip

Edited by rdemming
  • Like 1

The J.D.Casten web site (with Rebound) is really nice and well worth checking out as is Kemal's web site I forgot that Cultivation has an editor, not played this for years. Will take a look and download the others - off topic but his Dredis is a fantastic 2 player Tetris style game.

So we have:

Adventure Creator

Adventure Master

Boulderdash

Brik Bat

Cultivation

Dandy

Electro Maniac!

Jaw Breaker

Lode Runner

Pinball Construction Set

Polar Pierre

Pole Position (still needs patching to run on machines with more than 64K i.e. my 130XE )

Racing Destruction Set

Robbo Konstruktor

Shoot-em-up Construction Set

Mario's Desert World

Molecule Man

Mr Robot

Rally Speedway

Rebound

Seven Cities of Gold's World Creator

Slingshot

The Wall

Well,

besides the "Lords of Conquest" Map Editor (hopefully I do remember this right, have not played the game for a while), you can add dozens of PD games which do have editors, construction-kits/sets or level/map-generators. Since I were too lazy to write them down, I attached them here...

-Andreas Koch.

• Like 1

Well,

you can also add:

- Kitten (with editor to create new levels)

- Drag/Editor (to create new levels)

- Zebuland Construction Set/Kit (to create new levels)

- Electro Maniac (with editor to create new levels *and* a stand-alone XEX file!)

- The Brundles Editor (to create new levels, alas it requires copies of the original gamedisks of The Brundles, because it overwrites the original levels... maybe thats the reason why no-one ever created new levels for it or it might be, that The Brundles already have 100 levels and there are lots of other Lemmings clones around)

and many many other programs (even quiz-programs with an editor to create new questions/answers) which have all been attached above... -Andreas Koch.

• 2 weeks later...