IGNORED

Latest Harmony Cart software

batari

Figured it out.

This is the newest version as of today that will work on Harmony only. It's a .cu file for custom bankswitching.

Also attached as a separate file is the bankswitch file (fa2.arm) so Chris can roll out Harmony versions in the future.

This has about 10 seconds of testing so if something is not working right, please let me know.

starkernel9_harmony.zip

fa2.zip

• Like 2

Figured it out.

This is the newest version as of today that will work on Harmony only. It's a .cu file for custom bankswitching.

Also attached as a separate file is the bankswitch file (fa2.arm) so Chris can roll out Harmony versions in the future.

This has about 10 seconds of testing so if something is not working right, please let me know.

I get nothing.

Launching the .zip crashes Harmony.

Launching the .cu just spinner.

Rename .cu to .bin just spinner.

So apparently the .cu format might not work unless binaries are padded to 32k.

Here is a padded binary for now.

Don't think it's padded right, it's only 25,600 bytes.

This one works for me.  I just padded it out to 32K.  The zip file contains the binary with the .cu extension, but it also works with a .bin extension, so you can name it whatever looks best to you in your menu.   :)

Star_Castle_kernel9_harmony.zip

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There's actually been a new release of this software (1.2, first release since 2009!). I tagged it on Dec.20/12, but Batari has been very busy and the links haven't been updated yet. I proposed moving this to Sourceforge, since that's where the source code is anyway (http://harmonycart.sf.net). Batari agreed, but we still haven't had time to work out the details. I will get the latest files (including source code) uploaded there sometime this afternoon.

EDIT: The files for releases 1.1 and 1.2 are now there. Still TODO is fix the SVN repo stuff (the page says it doesn't exist, but it obviously does since I can checkout from it).

There's actually been a new release of this software (1.2, first release since 2009!). I tagged it on Dec.20/12, but Batari has been very busy and the links haven't been updated yet. I proposed moving this to Sourceforge, since that's where the source code is anyway (http://harmonycart.sf.net). Batari agreed, but we still haven't had time to work out the details. I will get the latest files (including source code) uploaded there sometime this afternoon.

EDIT: The files for releases 1.1 and 1.2 are now there. Still TODO is fix the SVN repo stuff (the page says it doesn't exist, but it obviously does since I can checkout from it).

do I need to bother with 1.1 or can I go straight to 1.2? Also, how do I tell what I am currently running? Thanks.

Is there a changelog somewhere?

Obviously these releases aren't as streamlined as from Stella :) We don't even have a webpage yet. The changelog and current version are available from the app in the Help -> About menu. Granted, this isn't terribly useful if you don't have it installed. As I said, it's still a WIP.

do I need to bother with 1.1 or can I go straight to 1.2? Also, how do I tell what I am currently running? Thanks.

Version 1.1 is what's in page 1 of this thread, and the release that's been kicking around since 2009. Version 1.2 is new, as of December 2012. As with most software, you're best using the latest version. It actually fixes outright crashes on F4 ROMs, and better supports DPC+ ROMs.

FYI, here's the contents of the About menu mentioned above:

Harmony Programming Tool v1.2

Copyright © 2009-2012 Stephen Anthony

Check for updates at http://harmony.atariage.com

This software is released under the GNU GPLv3, and includes items from the following projects:

lpc21isp: Philips LPCxxxx programming code

KrokCom: UI code, icons and other images

Stella: bankswitch autodetection code

Version 1.2 (Dec. 20, 2012):

• Updated lpc21isp code to version 1.85 (supports latest LPCxxxx chips).
  • Updated HBIOS and ARM files to latest version (1.05).
  • Added support for Custom ROMs (such as 32KB 'DPC+') with the ARM code already embedded.
  • The bankswitch autodetection now also uses the ROM filename extensions as defined in the Harmony manual; when present, these completely override the type of data in the ROM image.
  • Fixed crash when an 'F4' ROM couldn't be compressed; an error message is now shown. Also improved compression function; at least one ROM that couldn't be compressed previously now works fine.
  • The location for 'ARM' files is now automatically determined based on where you've installed the application; right-clicking on the directory selection button will also set this location.
  • The Windows release now includes a commandline-based version which shows output on the commandline, and is meant to be run from the commandline only.
  • Fixed bugs in user interface (cut off text, progress bar not always appearing, etc).
  • The previously selected tab (BIOS or Development) is now used when the app starts.
  • Updated bankswitch autodetection code to latest from Stella 3.7.4.

Version 1.1 (Dec. 11, 2009):

• Added logging of download progress. When activated, a dialog will appear after the download has completed, outlining what operations were performed. This is useful for detecting errors in operation.
  • The Harmony cart autodetection is now done in a separate thread, so the UI won't lock up while autodetection is running. This fixes problems where the app seems to be frozen during startup.
  • The various file request dialogs now remember the last location selected, so you don't need to 'drill down' to the same location multiple times.
  • When clicking on a ROM in the QuickPick list, the app now checks to see if the file exists. If it doesn't, a dialog asks whether to remove it from the list.
  • Tooltips were added to all remaining UI items; this should make the app much easier to use.
  • Increased the time that messages are shown in the status bar from two to four seconds, so you have a better chance of reading the results.
  • Implemented 'Retry Count' menu setting, to configure how often a write should be attempted before considering it a failure.
  • The download buttons are now disabled during an active download, to indicate another download isn't possible at this time.
  • Fixed several typos in the list of bankswitch types; some ROMs were being mislabeled.
  • Added support for OSX Snow Leopard.
  • Updated HBIOS and ARM files to latest version (1.03c).
  • Updated PAL50 version of eeloader.bin for better compatibility with A7800 PAL systems.

Version 1.0 (Oct. 7, 2009):

• Initial release for Linux, Mac OSX and Windows.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to setting up my Harmony Cart and updated the BIOS to 1.05. Unfortunately the Snow White proto no longer works with the update.

Also I was disappointed that the scrolling effect was changed to the B&W setting, which is inconvenient to switch to. Would it be possible to release a version on the next update with the scrolling effect on Color for those of us who really like it?

Would it be possible to release a version on the next update with the scrolling effect on Color for those of us who really like it?

I second that! I like the scrolling color effect and a different firmware which enables it by default would be better for me.

I sometimes miss the ability to navigate the menu using the console switches, it would be great if a patched version of the 1.05 firmware could be done to fix just that bug until the new version is ready.

Edited by alex_79