IGNORED

Game Of Life

Ninjabba

Nice bit of programming, Ninjabba! Thanks for sharing.

I let it run for a while... past 2000 cycles. I'm afraid to say I don't get the point of it. But I never understood the original Life either. I have a copy for the A8 in the Golden Oldies collection, but much like real life, Life just doesn't make any sense to me. :sad: :D

Still, you have the skills to program the Lynx. I'm curious to see what's next. Do you have any thoughts/projects ongoing?

Cheers,

Smeg

Thanks for the replies :) I might add some selection tool to set cells on living or empty to create own patterns.

At the moment I'm only doing some exploration and making demos to see what is possible, and hopefully one day I can manage to put a game together. I really would like to create a rogue-like rpg, but still need to think it all through.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried this yesterday, and I was kind of expecting a version of the board game... but I really don't understand what to do with this demo. I push a button, and it runs through cycles... but is there any gameplay? Sorry if I'm a bit stupid here, but I really didn't get what I was supposed to do...

It is a cellular life simulation. Here is a link with some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway's_Game_of_Life

With most life simulations you can set the initial state, but once the simulation starts you don't interact with it you just watch the results. In this version the initial state is random. Hopefully an evential update will add a selection tool so you can customize the initial state.

Edited by MrBland