IGNORED

5200 Rescue On Fractalus secret code

Allan

As many know there is a secret code in the 8-bit version of Rescue On Fractalus. You type 'AUTHOR' on the select game screen and the names of the four programmers come up.

I was had an Email conversation with David Fox a while ago about that and asked him if it was in the 5200 version. He said it should be in there. the problem is that the 5200 doesn't have the keyboard to type AUTHOR. It only has the keypad. I just looked at the 5200 binary and sure enough the four programmers names are there in the same spot as they are in the 8-bit version. So the only problem now is to figure out if there is code in there to bring up the programmers and what is the code to do it. I would think that since you can only use the numbers 1-9 (0,# and * are used to select levels) that they would use the telephone system of numbers to letters. So based on that I tried a bunch of different words including 'AUTHOR' but no luck so far.

Allan

As many know there is a secret code in the 8-bit version of Rescue On Fractalus. You type 'AUTHOR' on the select game screen and the names of the four programmers come up.

I was had an Email conversation with David Fox a while ago about that and asked him if it was in the 5200 version. He said it should be in there. the problem is that the 5200 doesn't have the keyboard to type AUTHOR. It only has the keypad. I just looked at the 5200 binary and sure enough the four programmers names are there in the same spot as they are in the 8-bit version. So the only problem now is to figure out if there is code in there to bring up the programmers and what is the code to do it. I would think that since you can only use the numbers 1-9 (0,# and * are used to select levels) that they would use the telephone system of numbers to letters. So based on that I tried a bunch of different words including 'AUTHOR' but no luck so far.

Allan

mmm... I remember RoF use keys L to land, M to go mothership, A to open airlock and other keys in order to control the ship. How was replaced on the 5200 version?

mmm... I remember RoF use keys L to land, M to go mothership, A to open airlock and other keys in order to control the ship. How was replaced on the 5200 version?

It uses the number keys on the keypad instead. But on the level change screen these options are disabled since you can't see any changes there anyways.

Allan