IGNORED

Support The Arcade/MAME High Score Club In 2010

roadrunner

I'm taking full responsibility for the lack of interest in the Arcade HSC. When I first started it, I was always around and I was able to stay on top of it. But after a while, life started getting in the way. Work started getting busier and busier. When things settled down there, I was able to rededicate myself to it. Then my father became ill and my parents were down here staying with me and my family. Now my wife and I are working toward gaining guardianship of our grandson. So, other than lurking and posting a score here and there, I just haven't had the time or mental awareness to keep the HSC going the way it should. I'm WAY behind in updating scores. When I think I've got the time to do that, something else seems to pop up. Believe me, I'm not making excuses. That's not my style. It is what it is, I suppose.

So, I'm very sorry. I really hope things will settle down for us soon. If someone wants to help out, that would be great. Or, if someone wanted to take over altogether, I would be cool with that too.

I will continue to post new games every week and I will try to get caught up, but the dwindling (almost dead) participation rate lies squarely on my shoulders and for that, I'm truly sorry.

I'm taking full responsibility for the lack of interest in the Arcade HSC. When I first started it, I was always around and I was able to stay on top of it. But after a while, life started getting in the way. Work started getting busier and busier. When things settled down there, I was able to rededicate myself to it. Then my father became ill and my parents were down here staying with me and my family. Now my wife and I are working toward gaining guardianship of our grandson. So, other than lurking and posting a score here and there, I just haven't had the time or mental awareness to keep the HSC going the way it should. I'm WAY behind in updating scores. When I think I've got the time to do that, something else seems to pop up. Believe me, I'm not making excuses. That's not my style. It is what it is, I suppose.

So, I'm very sorry. I really hope things will settle down for us soon. If someone wants to help out, that would be great. Or, if someone wanted to take over altogether, I would be cool with that too.

I will continue to post new games every week and I will try to get caught up, but the dwindling (almost dead) participation rate lies squarely on my shoulders and for that, I'm truly sorry.

Hey, why don't I just fill in for you until your ready to take the reigns back?

Hey rmaerz! Thanks for the offer to help! Much appreciated! I'll try to get all the scores updated this weekend and I'm more than happy to continue getting the games/info up for the new week. If you could handle updating the score tables, I'd greatly appreciate it! Let me know you're ok with that. :)

Hey rmaerz! Thanks for the offer to help! Much appreciated! I'll try to get all the scores updated this weekend and I'm more than happy to continue getting the games/info up for the new week. If you could handle updating the score tables, I'd greatly appreciate it! Let me know you're ok with that. :)

Could we run Centipede until next Sunday the 31st so that the week can begin on Sunday and end on Sunday? That would be the best day for me to compile all the scores and such.

With that, could you update the season standings in the Centipede thread and I'll take it from there?

Then, take whatever time you need and when you're ready the HSC is all yours.

Personally, I haven't been playing any of the HSC's lately... the last few weeks, I've been preoccupied with sorting through a terabyte of data and transferring it from my 10 year old Power Mac G4 to my "new" 5-year-old Power Mac G5. It's turned out to be a pretty time consuming project, since I really only have time after work to mess with it. I'm still not totally done, but at least it's mostly setup. Should be a good file server / data storage system for years to come.

With that said, I do intend to get a LOT of Centipede in this week... I've been waiting a long time for this and my Arcade Cab was built for it! ;) :D

Good luck with everything in your personal life 'teach!