IGNORED

Chu Chu Rocket

atari2600land

Since I played Chu Chu Rocket for my GBA Chronogaming Blog, I thought to myself, "This looks doable for bB." Well, maybe it needs a little ASM, and that's just the question. Since in ASM you can make balls any shape you want, is this true for missiles 0 & 1? In this mockup I've made, I put eyes on the (very blocky) mice and would love to do this to the missiles. My version of Chu Chu Rocket is a little bit different though. Instead of putting arrows down, you put blocks down, which change the way the Chu Chus move (like arrows do.) There can only be four mice (player 0 & 1 and missile 0 & 1), and the ball flickers between the rocket and the cursor. (I haven't put in code yet for the Chu Chu and rocket collision.) So, what do you think so far?

chuchurocket.bin

default.bas

• 1 year later...

I've tried again on this and need a little help. In the screenshot, the mice aren't in line with the checkerboard squares whenever they go down or up. They are, however, where I want them to be when they move left or right. Any help on how to get them lined up with the checkerboard squares when they're moving vertically?

chuchurocket.bas

chuchurocket.bas.bin

post-9475-0-57608600-1302543661_thumb.png

OK, I fixed it and made a little easy level. You get two blocks, and to make a block, press fire. The cursor is the black square. Once you've placed the two blocks, press fire a third time to start the mice up. Remember that if a mouse hits a block, it always goes to the right. Keep this in mind while solving. To start over again, press reset. Guide the mice to the twirling object. To ease the flickering, turn the phoshors on (that's how I made the screenshot.)

post-9475-0-37970000-1302617468_thumb.png

chuchurocket1.bas

chuchurocket1.bas.bin

New level, gang! I noticed I actually didn't solve the mice lining-up with the squares problem, but I think I fixed it this time. And, just to avoid legal problems with Sega and Sonic Team, I think I'm going to name the final game "Nice Mice". Anyone want to try and make a title screen for me with the title screen bB thing, that'd be really nice of you.

chuchurocket2.bas.bin

chuchurocket2.bas

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...