IGNORED

FYI - Found a game that doesn't work...

tkarner

I just received my Harmony and was trying out Phasor Patrol. It seemed to play fine (What a great 2600 game, BTW) but there appears to be a graphic/color issue with the shields. If anyone is not familiar with it, when you toggle the Color/BW switch, the shields visually open or close, a very nice effect taking maybe 5 seconds or so. When shields are engaged, the view will be muted grey, not black.

When playing, there was no difference during normal play (the view was always black) except for the line of pixels on the left edge. If the screen is changing colors (when you are hit by an ememy missle, or warp) the shields show correctly, and if hit when opening or closing, they also will animate. (also you can tell if the shields are up or down by watching the speed that the energy depletes. If you turn off the shields, it will deplete fast until they are fully open, then you will see it slow down)

I was playing on an unmodified 2600 Jr. I can test on a 4 switch if needed. I have 2 x 4 switch, (1 black, 1 wood) a Jr. and a 7800. The 7800 is useless for play without the Color/BW switch, but it might work for testing.

I just tried this, and the shields are very dark on my TV, but visible. It could be that your TV just displays those dark grays as black.

Hmm, I'll take another look and maybe brighten up the TV. Everything else looked great as I remembered. I hooked it up to my 27" in my bedroom, I didn't bother trying on the 2 HD's, and my 36" tube is pushing 200lbs, so I didn't feel like moving it! I hope that is all it is, just the TV or an adjustment on brightness or contrast. I thought it was maybe a pallette issue, and it grabbing the wrong color.

Hmm, I'll take another look and maybe brighten up the TV. Everything else looked great as I remembered. I hooked it up to my 27" in my bedroom, I didn't bother trying on the 2 HD's, and my 36" tube is pushing 200lbs, so I didn't feel like moving it! I hope that is all it is, just the TV or an adjustment on brightness or contrast. I thought it was maybe a pallette issue, and it grabbing the wrong color.

I brightened up the tv and upped the contrast, and all is well, thanks!

I've noticed another Supercharger game that doesn't quite work right. Stellar Doomsday Interceptor.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/73350-stellar-doomsday-interceptor-1k-minigame/

I can't see the missiles or any explosions. But the game is still tracking the missiles. You can tell because the planetary shield gets damaged when the invisible missiles hit it.

Thanks for the Meteroids patch, by the way. I was going to mention that one too, but tkarner beat me :P

You can now enjoy SDI on your Harmony.

In order to fix SDI, two things are needed. You need to upgrade to BIOS version 1.04e or higher, and also need to use this modified version of SDI because the game exploited two bugs, and only one was fixed for now.

SDI_Harmony_fix.BIN