IGNORED

New Version A/V Composite Mod for ColecoVision

Yurkie

I have been wanting to do a Composite mod for the ColecoVision for awhile now, but always hated the idea of drilling holes in a ColecoVision.

I came up with this clean looking Mod that only requires one jack.

I am offering this as a service $55 plus return shipping. You get the 6 foot composite cord with the mod.

Send me an IM if your interested.

Here are pictures: first is RF, second is Composite. third and forth are pictures of the jack on the back of the ColecoVision with the cord.

post-23318-126524895393_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126524899787_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126524903468_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126524906998_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

If anyone wants to combine this offer with the Controller refurbish offer, I will give them 20% off the cost of controller refurbish. Example $28 for refurbish, ball knob and straight cord $28 - $5.60 = $22.40 each

Here is a link to the controller thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/153675-colecovision-controller-rebuild-and-joystick-ball-offer/page__fromsearch__1

• Like 2

If anyone would like to buy a A/V modded ColecoVision with a set of rebuilt controllers with ball knobs for $199 plus $15 shipping like the first one I did, send me an IM.

This would be a unit in perfect working condition including a rebuilt power switch, that is cleaned inside and out and tested, using the "Final Test Cartridge" rom on my multi-cart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a A/V Modded ColecoVision I am offering for sale for $199 plus $15 shipping anywhere in the US. This unit has been throughly tested. Every thing was cleaned really well. The power switch has been rebuilt and cartridge slot cleaned. The controllers are completely refurbished with ball knobs installed in place of the original discs.

After talking to a few people I have decided to offer an exchange. I know some people don't like to be without their ColecoVision (I know I wouldn't).

If you buy this unit and wish to send me a working ColecoVision with both controllers and power supply after you receive this one. I will after receiving and testing it issue you an $80 refund of your purchase price.

This offer is only good if your ColecoVision is in nice cosmetic shape, especially the front and top silver stickers. The controller housings must not have deep scratches, cracks or missing plastic, cables and keypads are not damaged. Basically be able to be reconditioned to look like the one you purchased.

It does not matter if the ColecoVision or the controllers are a dirty.

post-23318-126669425853_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I sold a working A/V modded console with A/V cord to a customer that already had a good power supply and controllers, that just needed a working console for $100 plus $15 shipping.

I had not really thought of the fact that there are probably a lot of people out there that would like to just buy a replacement console only that is A/V modded.

I will offer just a console that is thoroughly tested cleaned inside and out, cartridge slot cleaned, power switch refurbished to like new condition for the same price.

• Like 1

Here is a A/V Modded ColecoVision I am offering for sale for $199 plus $15 shipping anywhere in the US. This unit has been throughly tested. Every thing was cleaned really well. The power switch has been rebuilt and cartridge slot cleaned. The controllers are completely refurbished with ball knobs installed in place of the original discs.

After talking to a few people I have decided to offer an exchange. I know some people don't like to be without their ColecoVision (I know I wouldn't).

If you buy this unit and wish to send me a working ColecoVision with both controllers and power supply after you receive this one. I will after receiving and testing it issue you an $80 refund of your purchase price.

This offer is only good if your ColecoVision is in nice cosmetic shape, especially the front and top silver stickers. The controller housings must not have deep scratches, cracks or missing plastic, cables and keypads are not damaged. Basically be able to be reconditioned to look like the one you purchased.

It does not matter if the ColecoVision or the controllers are a dirty.

This Unit is still available. I got it all boxed up and ready to ship.

• Like 1

A customer sent me 2 CV's one was working the other was not. I got both working and did the A/V mod on both of them.

If anyone wants to send me a non-working ColecoVision, I will do my best to get it working. As long as I don't have to replace any video IC's I will only charge you $30 to get it working. I will replace the 4116's for $20 each including installing a socket. If you need the Main VDP, I will replace it if I have any on hand for $40.

Often times, rebuilding the power switch, cleaning the cartridge slot and reflowing some solder joints will get a unit working.

I will then do the A/V mod for $55 and return it to you for actual shipping.

If I can't get it working you will only owe me for return shipping.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A customer sent me 2 CV's one was working the other was not. I got both working and did the A/V mod on both of them.

If anyone wants to send me a non-working ColecoVision, I will do my best to get it working. As long as I don't have to replace any video IC's I will only charge you $30 to get it working. I will replace the 4116's for $20 each including installing a socket. If you need the Main VDP, I will replace it if I have any on hand for $40.

Often times, rebuilding the power switch, cleaning the cartridge slot and reflowing some solder joints will get a unit working.

Both Colecovisions have arrived, and the picture is suberb!

:D

Yurkie did an excellent job with both consoles. So good, that I "lost track of time", which hasn't happened on a Colecovision game for years!

:)

A big Thank You to Yurkie, for restoring some classic fun to the Colecovision.

Both Colecovisions have arrived, and the picture is suberb!

:D

Yurkie did an excellent job with both consoles. So good, that I "lost track of time", which hasn't happened on a Colecovision game for years!

:)

A big Thank You to Yurkie, for restoring some classic fun to the Colecovision.

Actually the 2 I was referring to where for another customer. He was pleased also, but hasn't posted a comment.

I really glad you are enjoying your ColecoVisions Purenergy and I appreciate the feedback.

Happy Gaming. :)

• Like 1

The ColecoVision on Post #9 is still available and as a special offer now through Friday March 12th at 11:59PM EST if you buy this system you get Q*bert Qubes as an added free bonus.

Here is a link for the Q*bert Qubes Cartridge

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/156356-qbert-qubes-colecovision-50-free-shipping/page__fromsearch__1

The trade in credit is not valid with this special offer.

This console is an absolute beauty. I went over this and thoroughly cleaned everything. I cleaned the cartridge slot with De-oxit, dissembled and refurbished the power switch to like new condition. Tested it to make sure that there was absolutely no video, controller port or any other issues.

The controllers are completely refurbished. Dome contacts removed and inspected, contact points soldered and filed smooth for maximum contact. The fire buttons where desoldered and refurbished. Keypad contacts de-oxidized as well as the socket that it plugs into.The controllers have replacement ball knobs which makes gaming a lot more fun and a lot less stress on the hands.

Over and above all this it has my new A/V mod and the RF jack works also if you want to hook it up to a TV that doesn't have composite jacks.

I realized that $199 is not a small some of money, but as I am sure many people that collect for the ColecoVision have learned first hand, the ColecoVision is problematic and you could easily spend $45 for a set and have a non-working piece of garbage on your hands. Even if you get lucky and the console does work, it will more than likely be a filthy mess and it is almost a sure thing that one or both of the controllers will have issues. I wish I would have had the opportunity to buy this a little over a year ago, when I had to buy 4 off of ebay and then 1 off of craigslist, then thanks to a nice guy here on Atariage I managed to get one of them working. I have studied and learned everything I can about this awesome console from my childhood over the last year, and I hope that I can help people avoid all the hassle and expense that I had to go through.

• Like 1

The ColecoVision on Post #9 is still available and as a special offer now through Friday March 12th at 11:59PM EST if you buy this system you get Q*bert Qubes as an added free bonus.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/156356-qbert-qubes-colecovision-50-free-shipping/page__fromsearch__1

This console is an absolute beauty. I went over this and thoroughly cleaned everything. I cleaned the cartridge slot with De-oxit, dissembled and refurbished the power switch to like new condition. Tested it to make sure that there was absolutely no video, controller port or any other issues.

The controllers are completely refurbished. Dome contacts removed and inspected, contact points soldered and filed smooth for maximum contact. The fire buttons where desoldered and refurbished. Keypad contacts de-oxidized as well as the socket that it plugs into.The controllers have replacement ball knobs which makes gaming a lot more fun and a lot less stress on the hands.

Over and above all this it has my new A/V mod and the RF jack works also if you want to hook it up to a TV that doesn't have composite jacks.

I realized that $199 is not a small some of money, but as I am sure many people that collect for the ColecoVision have learned first hand, the ColecoVision is problematic and you could easily spend $45 for a set and have a non-working piece of garbage on your hands. Even if you get lucky and the console does work, it will more than likely be a filthy mess and it is almost a sure thing that one or both of the controllers will have issues. I wish I would have had the opportunity to buy this a little over a year ago, when I had to buy 4 off of ebay and then 1 off of craigslist, then thanks to a nice guy here on Atariage I managed to get one of them working. I have studied and learned everything I can about this awesome console from my childhood over the last year, and I hope that I can help people avoid all the hassle and expense that I had to go through.

Pending Sale for this Unit.

Sold to a gentleman in Canada.

• Like 1

I am most likely the customer with working power supply and controllers, but I was in big need of a console because my old modded one took its last breath early this year. Yurkie helped me out really fast and after a few days I was back on track with a new console with the mod described above. I really like this mod compared to the older mod with drilled holes. This mod is really neat with just a small 1/8" mini plug. The quality is obviously a lot better with composite compared to RF and well worth the investment.

Since I'm developing games I'm always a bit concerned buying consoles because I guess I got burnt by poor quality in the past, but Yurkie does pretty extensive tests on the stuff he sells and it was really worth it. This starts to sound like a sales pitch, but I really just want to show my appreciation. I'm very happy with the console I bought.

Many thanks and keep up the good work Yurkie!

I am most likely the customer with working power supply and controllers, but I was in big need of a console because my old modded one took its last breath early this year. Yurkie helped me out really fast and after a few days I was back on track with a new console with the mod described above. I really like this mod compared to the older mod with drilled holes. This mod is really neat with just a small 1/8" mini plug. The quality is obviously a lot better with composite compared to RF and well worth the investment.

Since I'm developing games I'm always a bit concerned buying consoles because I guess I got burnt by poor quality in the past, but Yurkie does pretty extensive tests on the stuff he sells and it was really worth it. This starts to sound like a sales pitch, but I really just want to show my appreciation. I'm very happy with the console I bought.

Many thanks and keep up the good work Yurkie!

Thank You for the Compliments dvik. I am glad I could help.

• Like 1

Here is another A/V modded ColecoVision which is tested and working perfect. The controllers are completely refurbished. This is a picture of the exact unit you are buying. $175 plus shipping.

post-23318-12694471866_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie
  • Like 1

Here is another A/V modded ColecoVision which is tested and working perfect. The controllers are completely refurbished. This is a picture of the exact unit you are buying. $175 plus shipping.

I edited the post above. I got my digital camera (junk rechargeable batteries) working and posted a picture of another ColecoVision set I am offering for sale.

• Like 1

http://www.atariage....__fromsearch__1

Pending Sale for this Unit.

Sold to a gentleman in Canada.

I bought this unit off of Yurkie and I can attest to its sheer awesomeness!icon_mrgreen.gif Seriously, he did a great job restoring it and I would highly recommend buying from him or having him refurb one of your own less-than-stellar units.

He really cares about ensuring there will be classic gaming goodness for a while to come and I for one appreciate what he does.icon_thumbsup.gif (Plus he called me a gentleman which doesn't happen enough to me.icon_mrgreen.gif )