IGNORED

Harmony and bAtari Basic..

yuppicide

I'm a little confused as to where I should begin asking questions on Harmony and bAtari Basic, so I'm posting this here.

Just got my Harmony and a 2600. My computer won't read SDHC cards, so right now I'm forced to use developer mode which I can only load in one game.

I've been working on a game in bAtari Basic. 16K. I have a title screen that shows a skeleton, it makes the words "Skull Island" move back and forth and every few seconds flashes yellow (simulating lightning).

On Stella it looks perfect. When I load it into Harmony it looks different. I can hit fire button and the game starts. That looks and works fine.

Here is a screen shot from Stella of the title screen:

post-6095-12654338874_thumb.png

.. then every few seconds the "lightning" comes in and it looks like this:

post-6095-126543388702_thumb.png

On Harmony, the lightning screen seems to come out fine, but the grey screen comes out mostly black. You can't see the skeleton like I can in my screen shot.

The dark grays display black on some televisions. It has nothing to do with Harmony or batari Basic really. The best solution is to use brighter colors - I assume you are using 2, 4, and 6 - bump it up to 6, 8, and 10 if you want a picture that will display brightly enough on most televisions.

Figures, I need to reprogram the firmware. Pulling the unit out of your computer without safely disconnecting will do that? Thought that was only for memory card?

Last night I played my game, Girlfriend fell asleep for the maiden voyage, though, so she didn't get to play. This morning I go to try it out and screen is all black.

Figures, I need to reprogram the firmware. Pulling the unit out of your computer without safely disconnecting will do that? Thought that was only for memory card?

Last night I played my game, Girlfriend fell asleep for the maiden voyage, though, so she didn't get to play. This morning I go to try it out and screen is all black.

If you program a single image to Harmony, it replaces the firmware with the game, so you need to reprogram firmware to get back to multicart mode. It should also work again if you reprogram a single image.

• 2 months later...

I'm a little confused as to where I should begin asking questions on Harmony and bAtari Basic, so I'm posting this here.

Just got my Harmony and a 2600. My computer won't read SDHC cards, so right now I'm forced to use developer mode which I can only load in one game.

I've been working on a game in bAtari Basic. 16K. I have a title screen that shows a skeleton, it makes the words "Skull Island" move back and forth and every few seconds flashes yellow (simulating lightning).

On Stella it looks perfect. When I load it into Harmony it looks different. I can hit fire button and the game starts. That looks and works fine.

On Harmony, the lightning screen seems to come out fine, but the grey screen comes out mostly black. You can't see the skeleton like I can in my screen shot.

Off-Topic Question: How did you get Skull Island to appear like that?

-Disjaukifa

Off-Topic Question: How did you get Skull Island to appear like that?

-Disjaukifa

Did you try turning up the TV's brightness and contrast? I had the same issue when trying Phasor Patrol. I cound't see the grey shield effect and incorrectly thought it was a Harmony issue.