IGNORED

Atari ST in Steem 3.2.0

Tjohoo!

Hi everyone,

For the first time in my life I was using an emulator who are emulating the Atari ST.

Now i know how to get the Steem to work but the problem is the games who are in .stx format.

I have tried many sites but almost every file has the .stx format. About 2 of 30 have been in .stx format and also all from the atarimania site.

So I wonder, why are these formats seems to be so "popular"? I mean, when they don't work for example in Steem. The ones with .st works fine but why not more of that format?

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to solve this problem so they can be compatible with the Steem emulator.

And if I have to use a computer with a floppy driver, I'm doomed because I don't have any floppy driver on my computer. :|

Anyway, if there are som other ways to convert the files, please, tell me.

Thanks!

/Nick

you need a file called 'pasti.dll' you stick the pasti.dll file into the same directory as your steem executable (as also for saint and hatari i guess)

here is a zip version of pasti.dll

stx files are more commonly known as 'pasti images' because you can only run them using the pasti dll file with the emulator

stx is basically a non hacked/cracked version of a given game/non game program (i.e still contains any or all copy protection), somewhat like atx on the a8 and g64 on the c64

Edited by carmel_andrews

you need a file called 'pasti.dll' you stick the pasti.dll file into the same directory as your steem executable (as also for saint and hatari i guess)

here is a zip version of pasti.dll

stx files are more commonly known as 'pasti images' because you can only run them using the pasti dll file with the emulator

stx is basically a non hacked/cracked version of a given game/non game program (i.e still contains any or all copy protection), somewhat like atx on the a8 and g64 on the c64

Hello!

Thank you for the link! I've tried to download that pasti.dll file for a couple of weeks ago from another Internet site but in that package there was a lot other files who was very confusing and it didn't work so I guess that I had to use the "copy st disk from PC floppoes" but when I open the file from your link there was the only necessary included so it was running really good this time.

Thanks to you Carmel_Andrews!