IGNORED

Atlantis II

sharkman009

Well, to repeat a few other AAers: "pics or it didn't happen." :D we are a visual bunch. Have to be able to see it in order to tell you what it's worth. Do you have a box, any kind of letter, can you show it working?

AX

(P.S. Welcome to AA)

You cant tell a difference in the screen. The only differences between the original and the Atlantis II was a computer label on the box and Atlantis II the game is a hell of a lot faster than the original. They did send us a snorkel kit, t-shirt and some other stuff but I wore the shirt until it was trashed and didnt keep the other stuff.

Well, to repeat a few other AAers: "pics or it didn't happen." :D we are a visual bunch. Have to be able to see it in order to tell you what it's worth. Do you have a box, any kind of letter, can you show it working?

AX

(P.S. Welcome to AA)

You cant tell a difference in the screen. The only differences between the original and the Atlantis II was a computer label on the box and Atlantis II the game is a hell of a lot faster than the original. They did send us a snorkel kit, t-shirt and some other stuff but I wore the shirt until it was trashed and didnt keep the other stuff.

You can tell on the screen. The score font that they used for Atlantis II is different than the one they used for Atlantis.

AX

(P.S. Welcome to AA)

You can tell on the screen. The score font that they used for Atlantis II is different than the one they used for Atlantis.

I'll have to fire it up and see. I never noticed the difference but the again I havent played it in 20 years.

I found the game cartridge but I dont have the letter that came with it. I ordered a console off of e-bay and when it gets here I'll download some pictures of the game screen. Does anybody know how many others of the Atlantis II games have been found. I cant remember because its been so long but I think when they sent these out to us that 13 people were sent the new games. Theres probably quite a few more that people at Imagic probably made for themselves or their kids.

I found the game cartridge but I dont have the letter that came with it. I ordered a console off of e-bay and when it gets here I'll download some pictures of the game screen. Does anybody know how many others of the Atlantis II games have been found. I cant remember because its been so long but I think when they sent these out to us that 13 people were sent the new games. Theres probably quite a few more that people at Imagic probably made for themselves or their kids.

Grats on finding the game and ordering a system for it. A lot of people are going to be interested in buying it from you....you should post everything in a new thread in the Marketplace forum here when you are ready. :)

In the meantime, though, I'd urge you to take some pics of the game and anything else you DID find with it and upload them here for people to see. Pictures are going to be needed for people to believe this is the real deal, and the more you have the more money you can get for it, so it's worth your time. If you don't have a digital camera, buy one -- it's well worth your money! ;)

Im not going to sell it. I know its worth some money because of the rarity of it but I have a son who is twelve and he's into gaming so it ought to give him something to brag about. I do appreciate everybodys help on giving me info on it and I will download pictures of the game for everyone to see.

Good Choice, I wouldn't sell it either. Be carefull you may catch the Atari Collectors bug!