IGNORED

Wireless SIO2PC

lykewyse

A bit of rambling:

Has anyone had any luck running a newer (non-serial) SIO2PC setup through a wireless USB hub? I read about this idea at the Atarimax forums but it looks like no one has actually tried it.

The only apparent concerns in my mind are:

a) slower transfer time than a direct connection (though an idea for sio2ethernet has been thrown around)

b) compatibility with APE (though it seems like this should be a moot point; would APE not read it like any other USB hub?)

c) a low end netbook would run about the same price as a good wireless hub

Another fun thought...

Most new mobile phones have a micro USB port. Many savvy geeks are buying phones with Android OS to develop new software. Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to port APE to Android and run an sio2mobile through Micro USB?

Edited by lykewyse

A bit of rambling:

Has anyone had any luck running a newer (non-serial) SIO2PC setup through a wireless USB hub? I read about this idea at the Atarimax forums but it looks like no one has actually tried it.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=428-1946-ND

Looks like this will do it, as long as you don't mind a small bit of wiring and some driver making.

~$35 USD gives you the radio link for up to 50 meters. :cool:

=peace=

Falcon_

A bit of rambling:

The only apparent concerns in my mind are:

a) slower transfer time than a direct connection (though an idea for sio2ethernet has been thrown around)

b) compatibility with APE (though it seems like this should be a moot point; would APE not read it like any other USB hub?)

c) a low end netbook would run about the same price as a good wireless hub

Another fun thought...

Most new mobile phones have a micro USB port. Many savvy geeks are buying phones with Android OS to develop new software. Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to port APE to Android and run an sio2mobile through Micro USB?

I use 3 of my USB Ape interfaces in wireless mode. www.lantronix.com sells a usb to ethernet server. I connected you usb ape devices to the lantronix usb device server. On my wireless laptop I configured the lantrnix USB device driver. I then connected to the remote device then started up Ape software. The ape software detected the APE usb device and then everythin worked great.

Steve