IGNORED

Atari the Movie

atari181

Awhile ago we all heard about this. As we all know Leo Dicaprio was pegged to play Nolan Bushnell. It was like 2 years ago I first heard about this, but no news lately. I am a huge Nolan Bushnell fan. I have always thought that he ran his business in a way that induced creativity. If anyone has any info or new links to info please pass it on.

Thanks

Dave

Awhile ago we all heard about this. As we all know Leo Dicaprio was pegged to play Nolan Bushnell. It was like 2 years ago I first heard about this, but no news lately. I am a huge Nolan Bushnell fan. I have always thought that he ran his business in a way that induced creativity. If anyone has any info or new links to info please pass it on.

Thanks

Dave

Basically Leonardo Dicaprio seems to be what I call a movie tease. The guy has said yes to a ton of projects, but in reality he rarely follows through with most of them.

As you can see he has 27 movies on his schedule. Atari is no where to be found. Most Likely he will only film 5 of these movies.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000138/

I heard the entire movie was canned. :(

That's a shame because I'm reading the Ultimate History and I'm laughing my ass off at some of the stuff that was going on at Atari...my favorite is Bushnell riding a conveyor belt in a cardboard box just as the execs from Sears walked in...

Yeah, that's a great book on the industry and Nolan is quite the character. Got to give him at least that much. :)

As you can see he has 27 movies on his schedule. Atari is no where to be found. Most Likely he will only film 5 of these movies.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000138/

It does list him as a Producer for the "Atari" movie if you look further down the page. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up about this movie until a studio actually releases something official about it.

..Al

I personally think it will NEVER see the light of day.Theater release or TV?,who else but a bunch of middle aged gaming buffs like me will go see that?the rest of the populace couldn't give a rats ass about an Atari movie.I don't see a market for that at all,just being honest. ;) :) But who knows,we might get a surprise!.I hope that's the case,cus I'd love to see a movie like this!If it was indeed canned,i can see why.

Edited by Rik

I personally think it will NEVER see the light of day.Theater release or TV?,who else but a bunch of middle aged gaming buffs like me will go see that?the rest of the populace couldn't give a rats ass about an Atari movie.I don't see a market for that at all,just being honest. ;) :) But who knows,we might get a surprise!.I hope that's the case,cus I'd love to see a movie like this!If it was indeed canned,i can see why.

I think the perfect guy to make this film is Mike Judge.

To tell the story about this company from the beginning up through the golden age of gaming is entertaining. The stories behind Kee Games, the partying, hot tub meetings, Bushnell wrecking his boat, Steve Jobs and the disastrous Pac-Man port are some of the stories I'd like to see on screen.

Anyone know what it would be about? Just the creation of the company and seeing how it's run? Seems a bit boring.

Phil

Tons and tons of funny stories went on in the early days of Atari they Did tons of drugs, Hookers, practical jokes, Parties(day and night)and made video games. What more could you ask for in a movie?

I see where you're coming from but I think the movie could have broad appeal, depending on how it is handled. A dry documentary might not be a blockbuster, but lots of people like video games, and lots of people like 70s/80s culture. Not to mention that Atari really did have some interesting twists in its history. I bet a good writer/director could spin something exciting from those ingredients.

Tons and tons of funny stories went on in the early days of Atari they Did tons of drugs, Hookers, practical jokes, Parties(day and night)and made video games. What more could you ask for in a movie?

Hmm, I noticed you capitalized "Hookers" and "Parties." Guess we know atari181's Priorities now, don't we? :D atari181, I have a feeling we would get along just fine. :cool:

-tet

Edited by tetrode kink

Hmm, I noticed you capitalized "Hookers" and "Parties." Guess we know atari181's Priorities now, don't we? :D atari181, I have a feeling we would get along just fine. :cool:

-tet

If you like Hookers and Parties oh yes we would!

Dave

-tet

If you like Hookers and Parties oh yes we would!

Dave

Leave out the Hookers!...the cooties..YUK :-D :woozy: :skull:

Edited by Rik