IGNORED

Got my Atari Flashback 2+

So the classic Fuji on the console and the bastard Fuji on the joysticks. :lol:

I have the FB2. Haven't seen the FB2+ in great detail. Can someone point out to me the differences between the "classic" and the "bastard" Atari logos?

Just got Legacy's classic USB joystick, so I'm been playing Stella in the PC a lot more recently.

Edited by radiohead
  • Like 1

Sorry, I missed that. I see it now... the flared out ends. OK.

Though clearly it not enough to buy another one, I do like the lettering and spacing of the button controls sticker (they're smaller).

The adhesive on my sticker has started bubbling and creasing. Has anyone made a custom photoshop template to print out a new one?

I've been wanting to add that orange outline like the original.

Edited by radiohead
  • Like 1

I think you need to embed your FB2 inside your trackball!

What's really perverse is that if you DO use a genuine Atari TrakBall for centipede/millipede, it's bigger than the FB2+ itself!

post-10340-126714931569_thumb.jpg

Hmm, that might be why Jakks only did the Joystick and paddle controllers for plug n play games. The trakball is too freakin huge! :)

• Like 1

Post more pics while you work. Maybe start making FB2/FB2+ mod kits?

Mod is done... However, there is an issue. 2k games work, but nothing else does. Every other game I have tried fails, and everything seems to be connected right. Some might suggest this is an issue with A11 (pad 20) but I've scrutinized that particular connection and it seems to be connected right.

Now the question is if I should open up my second FB2+ to see if it has the same problem...

Mod is done... However, there is an issue. 2k games work, but nothing else does. Every other game I have tried fails, and everything seems to be connected right. Some might suggest this is an issue with A11 (pad 20) but I've scrutinized that particular connection and it seems to be connected right.

Now the question is if I should open up my second FB2+ to see if it has the same problem...

Is this on regular carts or Harmony cart?

Mitch

Is this on regular carts or Harmony cart?

Mitch

Regular 2k carts and a Melody board programmed with a 2k game both work.

Other regular carts 4k or above do not work and neither does a Melody. Harmony also does not work (although the spinner does come up, just not the menu, which further supports the 2k thing as the spinner code occupies the upper 192 bytes of cart space.)

It really suggests a problem with A11 but I've checked again and all connections are fine. I suppose the only way to know if it's a problem with something I did is to mod my second FB2+ or wait until someone else does.

This FB2+ works fine when the cart port is disabled.

I got it working - the problem was a bad trace on the board leading to pad 20.

I hope this problem is unique to my board and not a manufacturing defect because this is not an easy repair. I had to scratch off the soldermask from the trace (which appears to be 10mil or less), solder on a 30-gauge wire to the trace and run the other end to pad 20. This repair is very fragile, so next step is to clean off the flux and cover the area with hot glue.

Also, I believe that Curt's new tapeout didn't make it to production as the SBX illegal opcode still doesn't work.

post-5792-126725663875_thumb.jpg

No, it didn't... with only 15,000 units in the initial run, they wouldn't spring for a new chip die, so my rev update is sitting and collecting dust :-(

Curt

I got it working - the problem was a bad trace on the board leading to pad 20.

I hope this problem is unique to my board and not a manufacturing defect because this is not an easy repair. I had to scratch off the soldermask from the trace (which appears to be 10mil or less), solder on a 30-gauge wire to the trace and run the other end to pad 20. This repair is very fragile, so next step is to clean off the flux and cover the area with hot glue.

Also, I believe that Curt's new tapeout didn't make it to production as the SBX illegal opcode still doesn't work.

• Like 1

NOI!! I got my FB2's in the mail this friday. Yay, and slammed it into the TV in the living room....my grandma was like "WTF IS THAT??!"

:lol: Hey....if anybody know, would it be hard to modify it to have stereo sound? It bugs me to have it all coming out the left speaker (so I got a Y splitter to make it run both channels)

Shirts awesome too, and I like the black box (as opposed to the bright reddish/orange one fo the original FB2 console)

I'll have to get a side by side comparrison of the two consoles, but they look similar to me (at a not direct side by side comparrision going on)

Anyhow, awesome system, I still haven't gotten through the game list yet, I just slammed it on Asteroids and lost the day :lol:

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that the console on the shirt is a 4-banger with the Color/B&W switch set to B&W? I did. No biggie, but it's there.

My t-shirt's picture has it set to color, interesting.

Signed,

Rick Vendl II

Edited by TrekkiELO