IGNORED

Homebrew Vectrex lightpens - UPDATED July 2011

RecycledGamer

Very cool - how much will you be charging for the Sega modded controller?

I'm not sure yet. Probably in the $45 range which would include custom packaging. I'm not sure if I will have any up for sale on AA before CGE, but I will definitely have some for sale there.

Chuck

I still have a few lightpens left - PM me if interested. Thanks!

Chuck

Chuck's light pens are definitely recommended. We got one out of the first round of production, and it everyone who has used it has had a blast. For anyone with a Vectrex, it's a must have :D

I still have a few lightpens left - PM me if interested. Thanks!

Chuck

Chuck's light pens are definitely recommended. We got one out of the first round of production, and it everyone who has used it has had a blast. For anyone with a Vectrex, it's a must have :D

Aw, shucks. ;-)

I made a set of 10 limited-edition Vectrex repro lightpens with special packaging to sell at CGE. They are individually numbered on both the package and lightpen.

Here are some pics:

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

I bought enough parts to make 100 lightpens (of which I have already sold the majority) and it is unlikely that I will ever make more. I will definitely never make more of the limited edition version.

Again, these will be for sale at CGE only. I'll be at the shared Portland Retro Gaming Expo/NWCGE booth. Hope to see you all there!

Chuck

• 6 months later...

haha, I happen to know recycledgamer, and saw him less than a month ago with a small stash of lightpens and SNES controllers for sale.

These are quality products - the SNES controller is my most used Vec controller (I have a mint original and a modified PS1 arcade stick as well) and the lightpen works just as good as the original, at less than half the cost. I sound like a freaking commercial, but I seriously give this guy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: /5

Edited by Desfeek

Wow, this thread boiled up from the depths! Thanks for the kind words, Desfeek!

I have plans to make another batch of lightpens as well as more modded controllers within the net month or two.

The AA community has been very supportive of my Vectrex controllers and I will definitely make them available here first as soon as they are done. Stay tuned!

Chuck

• 1 month later...

I have plans to make another batch of lightpens as well as more modded controllers within the net month or two.

The AA community has been very supportive of my Vectrex controllers and I will definitely make them available here first as soon as they are done. Stay tuned!

Chuck

I'm in!... I'd love to see some more Vectrex stuff offered!!

Chuck

I'm in too :D

• 3 months later...