IGNORED

HOT! ATARI JAGUAR INJECTION MOLD TOOLING on eBay NOW! call Curt!

Defender II

In the early eighties, the Jaguar was noted for having the most attractive and advanced looking video game package in its day and the competitors had nothing like it.

Early 80's? Huh? :?

There was some guy here a while back claiming to be the son of one of the guys who ran Imagin (company that made those dental cameras). There was some discussion about making new Jag shells in various colors but the guy disappeared and that project never came about.

That is pretty damn cool considering it's for the unit, cartridges, and the CD unit. :D I doubt they have any older molds, but you never know..

They lifted that Jaguar image from AtariAge, though.. :ponder:

..Al

Then it's ok for me to lift their pictures and put them here. ;)

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • Like 1

I guess that Imagin company either made a new mold for their cameras or stopped making them. It would be cool if these could be purchased by someone in the Jag community and put them to a better use -- their intended use.

Anyone have a spare $5K laying 'round?

There was some guy here a while back claiming to be the son of one of the guys who ran Imagin (company that made those dental cameras). There was some discussion about making new Jag shells in various colors but the guy disappeared and that project never came about.

The bottom of the ebay description gives an Imagin Systems email for a Steve M. So this is probably the father of that guy who was here, with pictures, saying he had white Jaguar shells for sale and could make other colors too, we were all vying for a clear Jaguar case!

So that guy blew us off and never made any shells for us, now their selling the original molds. I guess Imagin Systems obviously is not going to use them for their cameras anymore, too freakin' bad one of us, or a group, can get together the funds to buy them so we could all have the case color of our choice!! Wouldn't that be sweet! :D

What if they done't sell and they decide to scrap them for the metal!? I would like to be there to buy them from the metal recycler to save them from the smelter! And I would probably be paying only the cost per pound of the high quality P7 steel they are made with! :D

Edited by ovalbugmann

I asked him and will let you know what he says.

Hey buddies!, Wouldn't these molds be the ultimate, or at least very very nice display pieces for the "Jagseum" museum!!! that you eventually want to get a place or building for? :D

People walk in and see those and would be like; "What the frack are those huge metal blocks!?" You could say something like; "Those are the sacred solid steel birthing mothers from which all Jaguars were born!" :D

Edited by ovalbugmann

The below bolded part of the description may be an indication that the molds have not been altered and retain the ability to cast non-modified original Jag shells. :)

A rare opportunity has come about. The complete Atari Jaguar Injection Mold Tooling package for all parts and components to build the Jaguar game system, is up for sale. This tooling package is complete and contains all the molds that make up the base housing, the game cartridge, all the buttons and light pipes and also the optional CD player assembly. The complete mold set when first built by Atari was extreme with costs hitting over $250,000.00 to design and build it. The Jaguar tooling received the best of everything, top grade materials such as P7 Steel for the mold bases and a US based Injection molding group to handle and direct the project.

In the early eighties, the Jaguar was noted for having the most attractive and advanced looking video game package in its day and the competitors had nothing like it. Its life though, as a game product was destined, then being discovered as not in use, it later came back to life as a new package for an intraoral dental camera system called the HotRod from Imagin Systems Corp.

The condition of these molds are all in good working order. They have been stored in an injection mold plant for their life time and now currently at Imagin's facility in northern California. If you have any questions regarding these molds and what the exact content of the package is or would like to organize an inspection of these pieces please contact me via e-mail at the following address. Shipping is also available world wide, however the purchasing party would need to organize and make the necessary arrangements in which any costs would be the responsibility of the purchasing party.

stevem@imaginsystems.com

Edited by ovalbugmann

That would be cool man, I'd like to see Buddies or Curt get it so they could be saved. And maybe we could finally get those clear Jaguar cases! :P

I don't know who else would want them? Another product shaped like a Jaguar? Possibly, but I would hate for them to get melted down.

I asked him and will let you know what he says.

Hey buddies!, Wouldn't these molds be the ultimate, or at least very very nice display pieces for the "Jagseum" museum!!! that you eventually want to get a place or building for? :D

People walk in and see those and would be like; "What the frack are those huge metal blocks!?" You could say something like; "Those are the sacred solid steel birthing mothers from which all Jaguars were born!" :D

Cool deal, hes probably bombarded with emails, i left him a few as well :D . They belong in the "Jagseum" for sure buddy, id love to have them to preserve and possibly use, as well as display.Yes, eventually i do want to get a place for the Jagseum, thats the long term plan. Wouldnt it be cool to be able to offer clear Jaggy shells to us Jaguar fans!?

Im not getting my hopes up for getting these, especially since the reserve is more than $5k, but im willing to fly then drive across the country to bring them home. It will be interesting to see where they end up though. ;)