IGNORED

Shiny new blogs?

Found one more thing that you may not know about. It seems the blog preview can't show a quote box. (I don't mean the preview button, I mean the preview of a blog before you click to see more.)

That is surely intentional, probably to get the most "bang for the buck" from the "excerpt" so you see original content and not quotes.

..Al

Okay, thanks to a helpful suggestion from an Invision employee, I was able to reset the blog excerpt that is displayed on the main blog page as well as individual blogs. It should default to around 1,000 characters (up from 350), plus images will be shown at their normal size instead of reduced or displayed as icons.

Here's a good example:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/118-insert-stupid-blog-name-here/page__tag__Comic%20Strips

..Al

Oh, I also spent some time making the List View look a bit nicer. I made the first column wider, put the Blog Name in bold, separated the Entries, Comments and Views column into three separate columns, and made the column headers bold. I'll continue to tweak this over time, but it's better now.

..Al

Thanks for the improvements.

Don't thank me yet, I still have a lot of work to do. And I just realized I haven't put the Gallery back online, which I absolutely need to do tomorrow (shouldn't be much work, it's simpler compare to the Blogs)..

Thanks revoked. :D

Hm... the list claims it's sorted by "Last Activitiy" now, which would be cool, but unfortunately it's just sorted by "Last Entry" it seems, no?

Yes, this does appear to be the case. Going to spend some time investigating this to see how easy it would be to show the last comment activity (if there is any for a particular blog).

..Al

Hm... the list claims it's sorted by "Last Activitiy" now, which would be cool, but unfortunately it's just sorted by "Last Entry" it seems, no?

Yes, this does appear to be the case. Going to spend some time investigating this to see how easy it would be to show the last comment activity (if there is any for a particular blog).

..Al

It already correctly displays the last activity I think, it just doesn't sort by it. If you look at the list right now, there my blog correctly shows the most recent activity "Today, 2:36 PM", since I just posted a test comment. If sorted by last activity it should come out on top now.

Is there a way to increase the number of recent entries/comments shown within a blog's content blocks? It used to display the ten most recent ones, now it's only five.

That should be easy to do, I've added it to the list.

Also - any luck yet on the tags > categories conversion?

No, haven't looked at this yet.

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering about that, but first thought it was another Opera oddity or cookie disaster. (There's so much broken in the blogs, I don't even bother reporting anymore...)

Kinda related, there's some other weird stuff going on with the portlets in my blog, e.g. sometimes it shows the calendar (which I have disabled), sometimes the categories don't show up (which I have enabled), sometimes the order is scrambled. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this might happen after visiting other blogs :ponder:

• Like 2